PDA

View Full Version : I needs help with Bittorrent. Which I use legally <.<;;

Jessweeee♪
12-21-2007, 12:42 AM
I think the problem is with my own computer. Whenever I try downloading something, the internet is either slow for me, or I can't connect at all. Which means the torrent doesn't download, either. I have a wireless connection, and I'm using windows Vista.

I have absolutely NO IDEA how to solve this, help!!!

:kaocry2:

crono_logical
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Try limiting the upload rate of your torrent client to no more than 80% of the maximum upload speed of your internet connection :p

Usually this happens when BT uploads as fast as it can, drowning and killing off anything else your computer is trying to say to the internet like "log me in, eoff forums" :p If 80% is still too high, keep reducing it by small amounts and try again :p

Also, I generally find wireless not too happy with large amounts of traffic which torrents like to generate :p

Also, since you're using Windows Vista, who knows what crap DRM they've implanted to cripple the machine if it's doing anything slightly suspicious :p

rubah
12-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Maybe your ISP hates you!

Jessweeee♪
12-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Most likely :crying2:

starseeker
12-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I find that downloads go slowly when I torrent too. My way round it is to leave the torrents on overnight and download normally during the day. If you can get a wired connection that'll probably help loads.

Baloki
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Make sure encryption is turned on.

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Just some basic tips for you that I have.

1. Try to make sure you aren't downloading too many Video Games and Movies at once. Too many downloads, obviously, will slow you down.

2. Make sure there are enough seeders. Loads of people just feel like downloading, and then being all like, "lawl, I take it off my list so I dun seed."

3. Seed.

4. A wired connection does wonders in comparison to wireless, trust me.

Serapy
01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
1) If you couldn't download a specfic torrent, it probably doesn't have any seeder. You need seeders in order to download torrents.

2) The torrent you were downloading was probably located far away from you.

2) I'm assuming you have a router. Find out which port are you using for bittorrent (google it, you lazy :p), when you have found out which port is it, then go to your router page (go to your router local host address) and add that port to make it accessible.

There could be so many different things that can cause downloading torrents so slow for you, just search for solutions via google.

Rostum
01-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Basically, it all comes down to forwarding the right ports and praying to God that your ISP doesn't throttle torrents.

But yeah, make sure the seeder to leecher ratio is decent. Else you will get slow to no speed at all.