PDA

View Full Version : A New DS on the Way?

Yar
12-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Another Nintendo DS redesign 'already done' says analyst - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/15/another-nintendo-ds-redesign-coming-says-analyst/)
My brother also tells me this was mentioned in Game Informer. I was going to get a DS Lite, but if they're releasing this, I'll wait for it.

Allegedly, it will not include a GBA port, but will include memory inside the system. The system is said to be thinner in size and include larger screens.

Will this be the next Game Boy Micro? (Which I love. Back off, haters!)

Karellen
12-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I heard about this a while back. I doubt it's actually true, since they have no reason at all to change the current model.

Slothy
12-21-2007, 02:20 AM
No GBA port? That'd be a damn shame. Maybe they'll make the thing more comfortable to hold in exchange though.

Roto13
12-21-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm skeptical. Not that I don't think there will ever be another DS, but if there is, it will have a GBA port. What's this "on-board storage" they're talking about anyway? A place to put DS games? Because all game data is stored on the cards.

CimminyCricket
12-21-2007, 02:45 AM
I want more game boy.

rubah
12-21-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm skeptical. Not that I don't think there will ever be another DS, but if there is, it will have a GBA port. What's this "on-board storage" they're talking about anyway? A place to put DS games? Because all game data is stored on the cards.

it could be like the microsd slot that DSes already have? I know stu uses his to emulate nes games and stuff

Rostum
12-21-2007, 03:42 AM

it could be like the microsd slot that DSes already have? I know stu uses his to emulate nes games and stuff

Yes, perhaps they are going to try and cater to the homebrew community? Either way, I'm happy with my DS Lite and would not think about getting a newer model.

Momiji
12-21-2007, 03:48 AM

Where's that at? o_O

ljkkjlcm9
12-21-2007, 04:54 AM
if it's new, it better just be a new DS that will have the same cartridges. Not a change like GBC to GBA. Because I just got a new DS on account of my old one breaking.

THE JACKEL

Mr Cactuar
12-21-2007, 05:41 AM

No, theres no micro sd slot on the DS. Theres certain companies that make a DS 'game card' with a micro sd card slot in that, and you can download DS games and put them onto that. You can put movies and songs and obviously emulators on them too.

I will not be buying this if it does come out, and I also am skeptical about this.

KoShiatar
12-21-2007, 07:00 AM
I like the DS lite as it is...