PDA

View Full Version : 2 player games for Nes/Snes/Sega

Levian
12-21-2007, 03:10 AM
A friend and I are taking the train home for christmas on Saturday, and we need something to entertain us on the long ride.

Here's a list of some games we've played:
Goof Troop
Mickey's Magical Quest 2
Mickey's Magical Quest 3
Donkey Kong
Super Mario World + Bros. 3
Mighty Max

Any suggestions besides those?

Roto13
12-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Bubble Bobble for NES is enough for the whole trip.

Crossblades
12-21-2007, 03:15 AM
TMNT 2, 3, and 4 are always fun to play. Battletoads is a good game to play also.

Levian
12-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Oh right, forgot Bubble Bobble. We got to the last boss but spent forever trying to kill that evil whale.

We also played Turtles in Time. That's the 4th one, right? I guess I'll check out the other Turtle Games, and isn't Battletoads a fighter? We're more into cooperation games than head 2 head. :D

blackmage_nuke
12-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Snes:
Turtles in Time
Secret of Mana
Asterix & Obelix

edit: Raiden Trad, how could i forget raiden trad

Nes:
Duck Hunt

These are the only ones i can remember

Zora
12-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Super Mario Kart is a game that is 2 player.

XxSephirothxX
12-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the SNES. Great co-op. Also, Contra III.

Evastio
12-21-2007, 03:31 AM
Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Super Star are excellent two player games (plus it'll give you some practice for 2 player Adventure Mode in SSBB).

Other good 2 player games are Double Dragons, Wario's Woods, Contra, Secret of Mana, Aero Fighters, and Battle City.

The Lawnmower Man is a really weird (but fun) game.

That's all I can think of right now.

No wait, there's also Ice Climber (I can't believe I almost forgot that one), Balloon Fight, Devil World, and Clu Clu Land.

Rostum
12-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Contra
Donkey Kong Country (1, 2 & 3)
Sonic (2 & 3)
Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island (not sure if this is two player or not)
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat

I dunno... I remember playing so many games for NES, SNES and Megadrive with my friend when we were little but I can't seem to remember names of any of the games, just what they look like and how they play.

NeoCracker
12-21-2007, 12:04 PM
NES

Genghis Khan kicked all sorts of butt back in the day.

SNES

Secret of Mana, Killer Instinct, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Countries, and Kirby Super Star for me please.

Genesis

Toejam and Earl: Panic on Funktron. Pure awesome is that game.

Crossblades
12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh right, forgot Bubble Bobble. We got to the last boss but spent forever trying to kill that evil whale.

We also played Turtles in Time. That's the 4th one, right? I guess I'll check out the other Turtle Games, and isn't Battletoads a fighter? We're more into cooperation games than head 2 head. :D

Umm....Battletoads is a brawler, just like the TMNT games

Levian
12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Ah, sweet. :D Looks like I have quite a few games to check out now. xD

Madame Adequate
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah Toejam and Earl.

If you're going for emulators then consider pure arcade stuff too? If so then MAME + Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is giant win.

Dreddz
12-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Street Fighter II.

Roto13
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Toejam and Earl might not be so great if you don't have the nostalgia thing going with it. :P

KentaRawr!
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
A Fan-Translation of Seiken Densetsu 3 should do you good. It's an RPG that can be co-operative if the second player presses start. :3 If you want a basic idea on the mechanics, just keep in mind it's the sequel to Secret of Mana, essentially.

Also, Battle Toads Double Dragon is a good one. It's, obviously, a combination of both Battle Toads... and Double Dragon. Look into it.

Evastio
12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Yoshi's Island (not sure if this is two player or not)

You can play two player minigames by holding down select then pressing X, X, Y, B, and A. But you can't play the main game two player.

Rostum
12-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Ah that sucks, Yoshi's Island would be pretty good with two players. I just ordered it on GBA too, and I will try and order the DS version. :)

Also, Toejam and Earl is just pure awesome. The first one is a bit frustrating and can be boring, but you get hooked on it so easily -- I love the second one. I just finished downloading a remixed soundtrack someone had done (I believe it's from OCRemix, can't remember), and it's just a full on funk/rock band, so cool!

Spatvark
12-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Gunstar Heroes.

Why bother with anything else? This game rocks so hard, and it's even better in multi-player.

Ramza Beoulve
12-22-2007, 05:34 AM
SNES
Sunset Riders
Rock & Roll Racing
Top Gear 3000
LEMMINGS

Those are the ones I can take out of my head right now and that haven't been mentioned already.

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Well if you've got a Genesis, you should try Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

There's a two player mode, but the most fun is from having the second player control Tails in one player mode! Not to mention it helps you out a lot having a coin retriever that can't die.