PDA

View Full Version : Forget what you know about the past.

Spammerman
12-21-2007, 11:48 PM
I was thinking today, but this thought was awesome, this thought was mind-numbing, this thought was more mind blowing than a stick of dynomite in your mouth. What would you do if the power to change history was in your hands? What would happen if some amazing producer made a stunningly beautiful game in which you took control of a character, and you could help whoever, the seemingly bad guys, the good guys, or yourself, and change the course of the textbooks forever. What would you do if you could change the course of the Trojan War, World War 2, World War 1, the take over of American by the whites, the Alamo, stop Alexander the Great, or keep his ideals and conquer the world? How would you change it? What choices would you make? Would you create your own army and kingdom and intervene, helping one side, or fighting against both and conquering them, but with much hardship, for this game would be conscious of what you do, enemies would band together. Say you chose the Greco-Persian Wars, the armies might band together and fight YOU instead of each other. Your choices could follow history, or choose the course of a new age.

Thoughts?
BTW, is there a game like this already?
Or being made?
What eras would you have in it?

Any addition would be nice.

EDIT: Why not post if your gonna read?

Roto13
12-21-2007, 11:55 PM
and change the course of the textbooks forever. What would you do if you could change the course of the Trojan War

xP

Boney King
12-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe they could have different expansion packs for different eras of history. That way, they can make them as big as they want without compromising anything like graphics. Cause human history is pretty large.

As far as I know, there isn't a game exactly like this. I'm assuming it would be like an RTS?

blackmage_nuke
12-22-2007, 12:14 AM
To an extent Chrono Trigger is like this, it's just not "earth" history

Spammerman
12-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Maybe they could have different expansion packs for different eras of history. That way, they can make them as big as they want without compromising anything like graphics. Cause human history is pretty large.

As far as I know, there isn't a game exactly like this. I'm assuming it would be like an RTS?

Yeah, Expansion Packs would be good. Maybe for each different age, like Ancient, Hellenistic, Modern, Medieval for starters. or go more in depth.

Maybe it could be both, depending on like where you are and what your doing. You could have you hero or w/e, and switch to controlling him and your forces. or have the dw5 empires control system where you give the officers orders and their forces do that.

To an extent Chrono Trigger is like this, it's just not "earth" history

Kinda, this isnt so much saving the world on its not completely story lined. This would be more of an open world thing in a certain time period. Not going through history, though time travel could be worked in somehow.