PDA

View Full Version : The Meaning of Christmas...

Hambone
12-23-2007, 04:57 AM
is presents.

Topic 1: Do you like presents? Can you wrap presents? What's the best present you've ever gotten? Do you...peek? (I couldn't help it! It was a really big box and I can tell somebody is getting an 80GB PS3 and a violin :()

Topic 2: What do you think the meaning of Christmas is?

CimminyCricket
12-23-2007, 05:00 AM
I like presents.

LunarWeaver
12-23-2007, 05:03 AM
I like presents when I receive them. And I can't wrap gifts because I've never done it. The meaning of Christmas is to overshadow the superior holiday that is Halloween. :jess:

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Do you like presents? Yes~ Moreso I love buying them for others.
Can you wrap presents? I work at maccas :S
What's the best present you've ever gotten? Chocolate!
Do you...peek? Nuu~~~

I think it's to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but also to unite as a family/friends and just enjoy eachother's company :]

Denmark
12-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Of course I like presents.

I can wrap them to some extent. I'm not too talented at it, but that all comes from me not knowing how much paper to use. I always use too much, which I guess is better than too little.

Best present? Nintendo 64 with Ocarina of Time. That was nine years ago, and I still play them to this day. Also money is always good.

I try not to peek anymore, but it doesn't really matter because I rarely get anything I haven't explicitly asked for anymore.

The meaning of Xmas nowadays is indeed presents.

Lynx
12-23-2007, 07:16 AM
1: i like presents but id really rather give them. i dont really ask for a lot for christmas. i feel selfish and really would rather just give presents then recieve them. the whole "its better to give then to recieve' finnaly makes some sense to me. best present i ever got was my trampoline i couldnt use it until the snow melted but i jumped on it all the time and even slept on it. unfortunatly the floods in ym town got it bent like an L and stuck in a tree. ist still there too.

2. meaning of christmas hmm. never really thought about it. i jsut try to give people what they want and make them happy but then again i try to do that year long. i think its way better to get something when its not a holiday or birthday.

Ouch!
12-23-2007, 07:19 AM
I like presents when I know what I'm getting. I don't like surprise presents because I frequently receive things I either don't want or don't need. For about five years in a row, I got a bird feeder from my family friends. I wasn't even tall enough to set those kind of things up, much less give half a damn about feeding birds in my back yard.

Christmas is entirely a commercial holiday. Anyone who believes it still has anything to do with religion have obviously not realized that Jesus has been entirely eclipsed by Santa.

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2007, 07:30 AM
The meaning of christmas is different to everyone, depending on whether your a religous freak, a materialstic fool, or a shop owner. I guess it can be about family and friends too but everyday should be about family and friends. To me christmas is the day no one is on the roads and i can go for a nice drive about.

Vermachtnis
12-23-2007, 07:33 AM
YAY CHRISTMAS! I learned something this christmas, apparentally it's odd for guys to wrap presents weird.

I think you just gotta look at little kids for the meaning of christmas.

Randgris
12-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Do you like presents? Yes.
Can you wrap presents? Depends on the type of present. If it has a box I would, if not, just a decorative paper bag is good.
What's the best present you've ever gotten? A pen holder, with 2 dolphins leaping out of the water.
Do you...peek? If I had X-ray shades I would. I'll open it up the moment I receive it.

Chrstmas, for me, is like any ordinary day, only I see my relatives, gift giving, food. Yah. That's just about that.

rubah
12-23-2007, 10:02 AM
I love opening presents, I can wrap them fairly well (mom showed me how when I was a wee lass). Best present I ever got, dang its a tossup between the year I found a hot wheels track set up in the living room and the year I got my ps2 xD

There was one year I peeked into EVERYTHING and eventually my parents caught me and I never have since then. The anticipation is pretty good.

Right now I'm pretty ashamed of myself because I don't feel I've put enough thought into everyone else's presents, just been a greedy gus>:[

Christmas = jesus lolduh; makes you happy to be alive knowing you have a reason to live. Which is why a lot of people end up depressed at christmas because they lose that reasoning, i guess! Also why so many people "don't care" :p

Raebus
12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Presents and being with family and people you love. What is this religious side of Christmas you speak of?

ScottNUMBERS
12-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Banning everyone and fluffy puff skins.

Old Manus
12-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Christmas is a chance to get ratarsed twice in one week, thanks to it being so close to New Year's Eve :chef:

scrumpleberry
12-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Getting stuff, family, pigging out.

Zeldy
12-23-2007, 01:44 PM
I get the stuff I want (this year, monies) so ofcourse I like presents. I did have a rummage and have found a few tshirts and jackets, so even though I only asked for money I get stuff too.

I can wrap square things. Me and my brother once tried to wrap a toblerone, oh man, we used tons of celotape.

Best present? my GHDs! Got them last Christmas and have used them every single day since.

Jess
12-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Do you like presents?
I do like presents, but I also like giving presents especially when somebody reallly likes what you bought them.

Can you wrap presents?
I can, but sometimes I struggle with odd shaped presents, but I'll keep re-wrapping them until it looks alright because I'm a perfectionist.

What's the best present you've ever gotten?
Loz is taking me to Paris in February and Disneyland Paris! :excited:

Do you...peek?
No, it spoils the surprise. :(

What do you think the meaning of Christmas is?
Spending time with family and friends and lots of good food and alcohol! :jess:

Zeromus_X
12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Do you like presents?

They are a welcome addition to any holiday.

Can you wrap presents?

No. :(

Probably the SNES I got when I was what...nine or so? It's still around, although it's since turned yellow with age.

Do you...peek?

No. I did once when I was little, it really ruined the surprise.

To have fun and enjoy your life, if only for one day out of the year. We've gotta schedule these things sometime, you know!

Iceglow
12-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Do you like presents?
I do, I'm also very evil when I get presents for people, I told the girlfriend pretty much nothing about hers and when she started to try and guess I made it sound like it could be a pot of humous or a pot of guacumole.

Can you wrap presents?
I can, yet I prefer to get the decorative gift bags and tissue paper, sometimes I wrap the gifts in different coloured tissue and then shred or crumple some to cover it, other times I merely cover it.

Uh old now but PS1 and about 30 games including FF8 maybe this year will be better :) (I don't count my xbox 360 because I brought that myself)

Do you...peek?
I do, I'm terrible, I also manage to empty the foil wrapped chocolate tree decorations, eat the chocolate and then re-wrap the foil (usually around toilet paper) so it doesn't look obvious.

I'm going to be hanged by the christians for this, but I believe it's something that the pagans got right; Christmas or Yule is the time to PARRRTAHHH! because it's so damn cold out you need some running around drinking and plenty of sex to keep you warm!

Chimp
12-23-2007, 10:06 PM
is vengeance.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I love presents n.n

I can't wrap them, though :(

I don't peek, 'cuz that ruins the fun. Plus there's alway eight pounds of tape on each box, and the video games are put in shoe boxes so you can't tell what they are :exdee:

I think Christmas is a time for giving! I should really give more :(

I Don't Need A Name
12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
1. Presents are fun

2. To laugh at the fools that decided that Jesus was born (well...apparently) on the 25th of December, when he (if we still maintain that the *cough* 'messiah' existed) actually wasnt.