PDA

View Full Version : Will you journey alone? Diablo II: Median.

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Shall we start up again?

This will hopefully be the general Discussion/Organized Play/Tavrobel > You, thread relating around the amazing-ness of Diablo II: Median.

Questions~

Wait!? I thought it was titled: Diablo II: Lord of Destruction!
Download the Median 2008 Mod Here (http://modsbylaz.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/)
Can we discuss the older more frail Diablo II/Expansion?
Yes!... I really reccomend the Median Mod, it's pretty T_T
What is one of the more... obvious changes made to Diablo II that would entice me to try Median if I am yet to?
All our favorite heroes have been recreated in the case of Skills to learn. It's very pretty :3
What awaits me in the later stages of the game?
Once you are ub3r and stuff like that... you are able to ovcourse traverse diffuculties (I really wish I had spellcheck) and enter challenging new areas/dungeons that merge Diablo II's Awesome with Drakengard's "lots of enemies that kill me in one hit whilst standing lovingly mobbed together" type situations.
Close this and play Hellgate London...?
They are two similar games that are VERY different.

The site also contain a bunch of information on all of it (If you are yet to play it). It's like Diablo II but hawt.

ps: Active screenie posting is welcomed and loved too, don't hold back! :D
psps: Yay I got it working on Vista~

CimminyCricket
12-23-2007, 05:31 AM
Tsu-Tsu!

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 05:33 AM
OMG you have to play, you don't get a choice ^_^!

I promised! I did!

LunarWeaver
12-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Mika-chan :kaoclove:

I quit playing this because I get frustrated at its lack of balance. <3

CimminyCricket
12-23-2007, 05:36 AM
I will! I just have to rebuy the whole thing, minus the expansion (I think) Packing sucks, I lost almost all of my computer games! ;_;

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Mika-chan :kaoclove:

Maybe a little... but they're slowly nerfing down skills and powering up other not as kewl ones :3!

CimminyCricket
12-23-2007, 05:56 AM
That's a little?

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 04:53 PM
well, it's kind of big atm.

but no bigger than Diablo II: LoD's skills. :p

That Ice Serpents thingy is a nice spell! Would it be reccomended to take it to zeh max?

CimminyCricket
12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I dunno

Markus. D
12-24-2007, 05:35 AM
:[...

So, character Info... will get started, but not me... I wanna know if anyone else is going to play >___<

CimminyCricket
12-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I'll play once I buy the durned game!

Oh, and if you tell me how to install Median. I never played it, remember?

Markus. D
12-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Simply patch DII and replace the patch with the one median blesses you with :3

also, I'm not sure how to do those connection dealies... that could be a problem.

CimminyCricket
12-24-2007, 08:11 PM
TAVROBEL! Get your lazy ass in here and tell me how to do this. I know you're lurking!

LunarWeaver
12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
I hope you figure it out and love Median, because all your characters items are totally raped and gone :grover:

CimminyCricket
12-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I know ;_; they died! I was saddened.

LunarWeaver
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Only your barb died. I just stole everything else. :bigsmile: But they're still there, hanging out and being sad and naked.

CimminyCricket
12-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Wait, which account? Two of my others died.

LunarWeaver
12-25-2007, 05:40 AM
RebellionCraft...or was it Soul? The one with your smiter and hammerdin. Sometimes it says "Character Expired" but when you double click them they come back to life. I ressied a lot of yours that way. Oh and everything on cimmules is also gone. But I can always give it all back :aimkiss: My brother got a computer and has been playing, or else I would have left it all alone.

CimminyCricket
12-25-2007, 07:00 PM
xD They're still alive?!

LunarWeaver
12-25-2007, 10:31 PM
All thanks to my CPR and wiley ways they are. Resurrecting your characters so I could take all their stuff is your Christmas present :grover:

CimminyCricket
12-25-2007, 10:32 PM
You'll get a link to your Christmas present next month in the form of the greatest website ever.

LunarWeaver
12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
If this is a Disgaea thing then I'm going to pretend we don't know each other.

CimminyCricket
12-25-2007, 10:42 PM
No, it's Tidus related.

LunarWeaver
12-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, and the Spearazon is good in the Median mod too. SUCH SARCASM.

Oh, Spearazon...will you never get your dues?

CimminyCricket
12-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Torpedo Tits?
Never

LunarWeaver
12-25-2007, 11:05 PM
With the new patch I thought he might make her better with a few replaced skills. Laz gave her a skill that casts Amp on one person at a time.

Then he gave the Barbarian a skill that casts amp over an entire area while repeatedly doing damage and can break immunities and also leeches for him :count:

And there I was bitching about Hammerdins when there were much better things to never stfu about right in front of me.

CimminyCricket
12-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Hammerdins are FAIL!

Tavrobel
12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Discussion/Organized Play/Tavrobel > You

Close this and play Hellgate London...?
They are two similar games that are VERY different.

This statement is true.

Yeah, but Hellgate: London isn't terribly great. Former Blizzard North dropped the ball on this one.

It's quite balanced, you just suck at it.

Maybe a little... but they're slowly nerfing down skills and powering up other not as kewl ones :3!

It's a constant rush to update and power-up. The current patch is worlds different from when we first started (when Maxx suggested it what, eight months ago?).

TAVROBEL! Get your lazy ass in here and tell me how to do this. I know you're lurking!

... you seriously don't know how to unzip a .RAR file?

I hope you figure it out and love Median, because all your characters items are totally raped and gone :grover:

Yes, we noticed.

Yeah, and the Spearazon is good in the Median mod too. SUCH SARCASM.

Oh, Spearazon...will you never get your dues?

What are you talking about? The Spearazon is one of the best characters in the mod.

Hammerdins are FAIL!

The new ones don't suck.

CimminyCricket
12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I seriously don't know what I'm doing.

KH-Cloudy
12-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Lol, this is up again.
Fun times with the previous group.

LunarWeaver
12-26-2007, 09:19 PM
What on earth is good about the spearazon? =o The java skills for bosses maybe, but she's horrendous in just about every other situation when compared to what other character types can do.

CimminyCricket
12-26-2007, 10:47 PM
If she could actually shoot torpedoes, she would be the greatest character ever. But she can't, so never mind.

Tavrobel
12-27-2007, 02:14 AM
I seriously don't know what I'm doing.

Download the newest patch (1.57b) from the Median site. You'll probably have to download from FileFront (http://files.filefront.com/Median2008+v157bzip/;9250822;/fileinfo.html) if you're not a FilePlanet member. The file is a .rar file, so you will need the .rar archiver (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm). Once you have the file extracted, make a copy of the original patch file (d2patch.mpq), and stick it somewhere in its own folder (possibly a folder called "old d2patch"), so that you can get it back after you switch to the mod. Then move the new d2patch.mpq from the .rar file that you downloaded, and put it into your DII folder. Run DII. It should look much brighter.

Screenshots to follow if you still do not understand.

What on earth is good about the spearazon? =o The java skills for bosses maybe, but she's horrendous in just about every other situation when compared to what other character types can do.

You need a good spear, first. This could very much be a problem, because the best spears are either crafted or the uniques. Spearazons are not well suited for beginners. Fortunately for you, the newest patch has a very high Unique drop rate (at least, compared to old versions).

Markus. D
12-27-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm enjoying the spearazon, it's a little to simple for me so I'm playing with a loving Unholy Paly, though Holy > Unholy definetly! I still like the pretty lights everywhere ^^

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 08:22 AM
What is this? Holy and unHoly Paladins?

Tavrobel
12-27-2007, 08:46 AM
What is this? Holy and unHoly Paladins?

Holy Paladins mostly use melee tactics and holy fire skills (fire element damage). They have two major skills, Retribute and Retaliate that deal the most of their damage, which is more or less physical and fire.

Unholy Paladins act more like casters at close range. They have elemental skills that are activated by a skill called Arcane Strike (this actually powers up the damage dealt). They have poison, fire, cold, and lightning spells, but terrible physical damage.

There's also the Judgement Paladin, who uses Hammers.

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Awesomesauce!

Markus. D
12-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Take note! if you choose to be one or the other either Holy or Unholy will be severed from raw skill point dealing selection.

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 05:12 PM
That's cool!