PDA

View Full Version : Write your notes here

Behold the Void
12-23-2007, 08:36 AM
I happened to be flipping through my Elite Beat Agents instruction manual today on a lark, and when I got to the end I was reminded of something Nintendo, at least, seems to always do for their instruction manuals: putting notes sections in the back, presumably for you to write down important tidbits of information and whatnot.

Now, my question is, does anybody even USE the thing? Ever? Whenever I had to write something down I tended to use a piece of paper, not even thinking about the conveniently(?) placed notes section in the instruction manual.

So yeah. Do you use this? Do you know somebody who does?

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2007, 08:45 AM
I remember this was on the back of the pokemon manual for red and blue, they had tables and stuff for you to record what pokemon were in what deposit box and whatnot, I dont like to ruin my manuals. I also tend to just write stuff down on paper.

Madame Adequate
12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I've not used that part of the manual since the cartridge days, on those games who had level passwords rather than saves.

Shauna
12-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I dunno if it was a "Notes" page, but my uncle used the back of the manual of FFX to write down what each of the items did - despite it alread being in the manual.

But, I have never used the notes pages in any game manual.

Zeldy
12-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't think I ever have, no. I remember writing loads of notes on a piece of paper in FF7, that bit with the safe in the mansion.

Cz
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I've not used that part of the manual since the cartridge days, on those games who had level passwords rather than saves.Same here. I don't think I've ever used a notes page except for recording level passwords, and I can't have done that for at least ten years.

Dreddz
12-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I dont think I ever have. Maybe I will from now on. Seems more practical than using a scrap piece of paper.

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
The whole Bomb matrix to get up to some of the secret areas I'd knew I'd forget.

In Bomberman 64 :p

I Took the Red Pill
12-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Nope.

Vermachtnis
12-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I've not used that part of the manual since the cartridge days, on those games who had level passwords rather than saves.Same here. I don't think I've ever used a notes page except for recording level passwords, and I can't have done that for at least ten years.

Ditto. Somewhere out there, there is a Megaman 3 manual with a page of passwords.

Roto13
12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Nope. But I do remember renting a few games that came with instruction manuals where people had written down passwords and cheats and stuff in the notes section.

Elly
12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
never used them even back in the Atari and NES days... i now have dozens of notebooks stored away filled with all my gaming info (history), dating back to my Atari2600, Adventure was fun except for that annoying thieving bat, i actualy drew maps for that game... the reason for not using the "Notes" section is simply because i like to keep everything in mint or near-mint condition...

Zeromus_X
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't think I've ever really used it. I usually write down passwords and the like on a piece of paper.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
No...plus it's impossible to write on them with a light pencil!

LunarWeaver
12-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I had totally forgotten about these :jess: Nah, I never do. Hell, I buy used games that don't usually come with manuals at all these days.

Nifleheim7
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I would never write something on a game manual even if it's meant for writing...
Really important notes,i just write them down on a piece of paper and later put it inside the game's box.

Ramza Beoulve
12-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I used them when I was playing Demon's Crest and Megaman X - X3 to record passwords and other details, but only then.

Shoeberto
12-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I've not used that part of the manual since the cartridge days, on those games who had level passwords rather than saves.
Same.

I'm fairly anal about my games and like everything (including the manuals) to be in top condition, so never use the notes section.

Rase
01-02-2008, 04:16 AM
I've never used them because I tend to never have things to write down.

KoShiatar
01-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Nah, I don't use them.

rubah
01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Someone (my brother ostensibly) used the one with simon's quest to write down passwords.

Tasura
01-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Same.

I'm fairly anal about my games and like everything (including the manuals) to be in top condition, so never use the notes section.

That sums it up quite well.