PDA

View Full Version : Best customised abilities?

Keglineq
12-23-2007, 11:44 AM
what's the best thing to have customised to armour and weapons? i can't seem to get anything really good :(

and while i'm here what does the alchemy ability do on LuLu's medical mog? i can't figure it out!

BG-57
12-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Depends on what you want to do.

For leveling it's good to customize weapons with Triple Overdrive (30 Winning Formulas), Overdrive -> AP (10 Doors to Tomorrow), and Triple AP (50 Wings to Discovery). Then set the overdrive to something that charges AP when you or allies take damage and fight Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena.

For Gil, get a weapon with Gillionaire (30 Designer Wallets) and fight Mimics in Omega Ruins.

For regular combat Celestial Weapons are excellent, but if you want to customize include Break Damage Limit (60 Dark Matter). I like One MP Cost (20 Three Stars), First Strike (2 Ability Spheres) and Initiative (Return Sphere).

For Armor I like Auto-Haste (80 Chocobo Wings), Auto-Phoenix (20 Mega Phoenix), Auto-Protect (70 Light Curtians) and Auto-Shell (80 Lunar Curtains). A lot of people swear by Break HP Limit (30 Wings to Discovery), but I haven't found in necessary. Maybe in the PAL version its more useful.

Gamefaqs.com has an excellent ultimate weapon/armor guide, and there have been several discussions about this on this forum as well.

Good luck! :)

Alchemy doubles the potency of healing items.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2007, 03:51 PM
My favorite combination is Triple Overdrive, Counter Attack, Magic Counter, and Alchemy!

ReloadPsi
12-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I've never created it, but I imagine Triple Overdrive, Deathstrike, Overdrive->AP and (for the hell of it) Break Damage Limit would be pretty damn useful, especially with the Overdrive mode set to Slayer.

Sain Cai
12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Normally what I put on my weapons:
First Strike
Evade & Counter
1 MP (for magic users mainly)
Piercing (for Tidus & Wakka)

other spots generally what I feel like at the moment. I normally only run the characters through their own grids, I really am not into everyone being clones.

rubah
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
break damage limit
piercing
blank
blank

*lazy* that makes excalibur which is good enough 8) Actually, I'm not sure if it even has a second ability!

Peter_20
12-24-2007, 11:07 AM
In my opinion, this is the best overall equipment:

Break Damage Limit
Triple Overdrive
Evade & Counter
Str+20

Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix

You never really need Ribbon, because any ambushing status-loving enemies (Great Malboro, etc) can be avoided by having Auron in the party with his Masamune, and thus you can have him Flee at once in order to avoid the status attack; sometimes Provoke works as well.
And Break HP Limit, well, same thing there: any >9998 attack on your whole party can be predicted, avoided, countered with Auto-Life, and so on.

cally777
12-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Well you will need Ribbon to take on some Dark Aeons (if you have PAL version). But you might be better trying to get Ribbon ready made dropped by a weaker Dark Aeon. Again as people have said it depends what yr doing. Auto-Haste is about the only thing I would say was essential, armour-wise.

:choc::choc::choc:

No.78
12-24-2007, 04:02 PM
auto haste <3

Peter_20
12-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Well you will need Ribbon to take on some Dark Aeons (if you have PAL version). But you might be better trying to get Ribbon ready made dropped by a weaker Dark Aeon. Again as people have said it depends what yr doing. Auto-Haste is about the only thing I would say was essential, armour-wise.

:choc::choc::choc:Well, I guess Dark Anima and Dark Magus Sisters are very hard without a Ribbon, but you'll only need one character equipped with it, as that char can heal the others after the status torture.

Auto-Haste isn't exactly *essential*, but it does make things like 300% easier.

cally777
12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I spose thinking about it there is no essential set of auto abilities, which probably shows the developers done good

:choc::choc::choc:

Nifleheim7
12-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Break Damage Limit
Evade and Counter
First Strike
Triple Overdrive

Break HP Limit
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix
Ribbon

Sain Cai
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Too bad the USa version doesnt have ribbon or Dark Aeons :(

Tabris
12-28-2007, 04:13 PM
I agree with Peter_20 on this armour:

Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix

In addition, I replace Auto-Protect with Ribbon for Yuna and Auto-Med for Rikku.

Bingo_Morris
02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Nifleheim7 was right, this is definitaly the best strategy (especially for dark aeons)

Break Damage Limit
Evade and Counter
First Strike
Triple Overdrive

Break HP Limit
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix
Ribbon

With the weapon all you really need is Break Damage Limit (60 Dark Matter) and you MUST have ribbon. I managed to kill Dark Valefore, Dark Ifrit, Dark Ixion and Dark Shiva without a ribbon but the rest of the Dark Aeons are impossible without at least 2 members equipped with this. As long as one member of your party has first strike (or dark yojimbo will anihalate you before you get a turn), you can customize the rest to your taste.