PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Quest

Omni-Odin
12-23-2007, 11:58 PM
So, I started playing it the other day and I think it's pretty fun and simple. What does everyone else think?

XxSephirothxX
12-24-2007, 12:00 AM
I have never played it, but I can tell you that it belongs in General Final Fantasy. :monster:

Tempest
12-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Mystic Quest is a pretty ok game. It's an easy game to beat but, there are some puzzles to get through. It doesn't rank up there in my favorites though.

NeoCracker
12-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Game gets a lot of hate, being made extremely simplistic for the purpose of gathering Americans.

It's alright if you want to play something simple and easy. Nothing special, and it really is a sub-par game.

But I enjoyed it none the less.

Nifleheim7
12-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Never played it,but it has a great soundtrack!:)

12-24-2007, 06:39 AM
I remember it as a fun game.

It's an insult to America's intelligence, but to be honest, i'm not entirely sure we don't deserve it. And despite its simplicity, it is actually a pretty fun way to kill a little time. As I remember it, that is. I haven't played it since I was... I don't remember, probably a teenager.

Why haven't I played it in so long? Well, you know that little thing where you can save anywhere you want, to make the game easier? Well, this is embarrassing to admit but.... during a playthrough (far from my first, and I'd beaten it many times before) I was somewhere in the final dungeon, in a room with moving sand, I hooked onto something with my grappling claw, jumped over it and immediately saved. Then I found I was stuck. Yeah. There was no space to move or even turn around so I couldn't jump back over it. So, I was stuck forever. I went all the way to the last dungeon and, in a sense, lost. That's right, the easiest final fantasy game ever made is the only one to beat me. I swore I'd never play the game again and even though I was tempted once or twice, I never did and don't think I ever will now.

Monol
12-24-2007, 07:01 AM
The battle music ruulllled though I think we can alll admit that one :p

Lynx
12-27-2007, 05:05 PM
the music is awesome as mentioned and the game is kinda fun too. some puzzel solveing plus you get to swing your weapons at everything. also you get the joy of knowing you played and beat a FF not mnay have played before.

Nifleheim7
12-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Why haven't I played it in so long? Well, you know that little thing where you can save anywhere you want, to make the game easier? Well, this is embarrassing to admit but.... during a playthrough (far from my first, and I'd beaten it many times before) I was somewhere in the final dungeon, in a room with moving sand, I hooked onto something with my grappling claw, jumped over it and immediately saved. Then I found I was stuck. Yeah. There was no space to move or even turn around so I couldn't jump back over it. So, I was stuck forever. I went all the way to the last dungeon and, in a sense, lost. That's right, the easiest final fantasy game ever made is the only one to beat me. I swore I'd never play the game again and even though I was tempted once or twice, I never did and don't think I ever will now.

Hahaha,that suckz!!!:D

Evastio
12-28-2007, 03:25 AM
Although it isn't really similar to other FFs it's soundtrack and puzzles really made up for it.

People are so biased towards FFMQ...

Obsidian
04-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I must say that Mystic Quest accomplished its purpose: it made me, a little kid at the time, appreciate RPGs. Too bad I didn't know WTF to do the first time an FF game made me explore a world map. :rolleyes2

But I still love it nonetheless and become horribly nostalgic whenever I come across it.

BG-57
04-24-2008, 06:05 PM
It's a fun little game. Like FFX-2 it suffers in comparison with the regular FF series, but that can blind people to it's enjoyable qualities.

Ironically one thing that was harder was status ailments, especially Petrify. With only two people in the party it could become lethel very quickly.

Flying Mullet
04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I like it, even if it is simplistic. It's a very well polished game and I've always appreciated that.

edczxcvbnm
04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
It has a great soundtrack
No random battles
Actual abilities to use on the screen and stuff

This is a game for the ages and different from most every FF game out there. Was it simple? Yes. Is every other FF game simple? Yes.

Roogle
04-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I think that the music of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest was very memorable. I remember more songs from Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest than some of the other Final Fantasy games.

feioncastor
05-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I have never played it, but I can tell you that it belongs in General Final Fantasy. :monster:

LOL, barely!

It's a fun game to play through every now and then. It's certainly not very challenging. Try using "Cure" on the final boss.

ReloadPsi
05-11-2008, 11:33 PM
It's an adequate, passable Final Fantasy pastiche, but unfortunately I keep somehow losing my savegames due to computer reformats or general hard drive housekeeping where I decide to empty my ROM folders because I can always just redownload them ¬_¬

By the way, the battle theme may be awesome, but the boss theme is even better.

'Gilgamesh'
05-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I loved Mystic Quest. I still play it from time to time.
The music was awesome.

Yar
05-20-2008, 12:03 AM
It always reminded me of Final Fantasy Legend III.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9552/ffl3vn3.jpg http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Final_Fantasy_Mystic_Quest_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg

Flying Mullet
05-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Man, I haven't played Legend III in ages.

That's okay though. I thought the second one was better.

Bastian
08-31-2008, 06:52 AM
Mystic Quest was the first "Final Fantasy" game I played. I saw my friends playting "II" (IV) and thought it looked boring and too complicated. Of course, I was totally wrong and played it right after finishing Mystic Quest.

So, Mystic Quest definately accomplished its goal by turning this stupid American onto FF! :)