PDA

View Full Version : Paradox Cup Help (Doing Proud mode)

Northcrest
12-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Alright I'am at lvl 99 using Ultima Weapon and Fenrir depending on how I feel (Ultima Weapon or Fenrir as fighting weapon, Oblivion with Valor Form, Oathkeeper with Master Form, and Fenrir or Ultima Weapon on Final Form). I have equiped Cosmic Belt, Cosmic Chain, Ribbon, Cosmic Ring, Diamond Ring, and Cosmic Arts. The items I have r Ethers, Elixirs, and Hi-Potions. At match 41 I always manage to lose. I tried a couple of times to go from matches 1-40 and everything is easy. Once I get to this one I die after a few seconds. I use Trinity followed up by a long barrage of Berserk. Then If neccesary Curaga. I don't know what I did wrong. CAn anyone give me some advice.

Tavrobel
12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Either spam Reflect or use Thundaga from range. You are not allowed to use Summons, Drives, nor team Limits (except the Sora-only Trinity). You'll just have to get better at not getting hit, as though it weren't easy enough already. Glide and Quick Run are your friends.

Skills-wise, only equip relevant abilities, and turn off your item-finding skills, such as Jackpot and Lucky Lucky. Though most people suggest that adding combos will increase your damage, it has been in my experience that you want to get in and get out as quick as you can, because of so many enemies attacking so quickly. A single Negative Combo and Ultima Weapon should suffice.

Throw on Armor and Accessories that increase your Magic, Str, or Def stats, rather than AP. If anything, if you can farm the reagents required for three/four Ribbons, this can reduce damage a great deal.

PuPu
12-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Use Magnet, then jump and spam Fire or Thunder to quickly dispatch your enemies. Make sure that you are not locked on to an enemy when you cast Magnet, as you want your enemies to be near you; for this purpose, remove the ability Magic Lock On. The heartless with a gravestone on it (Graveyard, was it called?) are immune to Magnet when they are glowing blue. Devastators are also immune to Magnet. Morning Stars are immune to Fire.

For Match 49, I'd recommend you kill Leon first, then Tifa, then Cloud, then Yuffie.

Leon is weak against Blizzard and immune to Fire.
Tifa has no elemental weaknesses or resistance.
Cloud is weak against Fire and immune to Thunder.
Yuffie is immune to Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder.

Either spam Reflect or use Thundaga from range...Glide and Quick Run are your friends.
Wha...? This doesn't sound you like at all Tav. What happened to the Tav that said Magic and the Square button were useless? :tongue:

Tavrobel
01-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I have found that restricting buttons is not beneficial for other people. Mostly because they suck at it.