PDA

View Full Version : I'm buying a PSP!

Momiji
12-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics aside, what games should I get? :D

Note: I prefer RPGs, fighting, and puzzle games. I don't care for FPS, sports, and racing games.

CimminyCricket
12-26-2007, 03:23 AM
DISGAEA: AFTERNOON OF DARKNESShttp://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/Hagaisyourgod/PrinnyPANIC.gif

Zora
12-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Disgaea is a must, but find it NOW! It is going to become very rare. I also got Jeaane d'Arc, and I was impressed. For the moment I got to play it. There are also the Tales of PSP remake imports (what a mouthful). Only Eternia is in Engish though, and even then still an import (not released in America, but England). Phatasia and the real Destiny II are also out (but import from Japan only). Valkyrie Proifle I heard was also good. Thes are all of the RPGs I can think of, since you mentioned them.

Mr Cactuar
12-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Duuuuuuuuh Crisis Core duuuuuuh. When it comes out of course.

Oh and Loco Roco or whatever it is is an entertaining game. You'll love Dissidia when it comes out though, FF fighting game :O

Momiji
12-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Actually.. I'm deciding against buying it right now.

(Translation: Buying the PSP would completely drain my wallet. Also, I found both Chobits and Azumanga Daioh box sets for a really low price, and I would still have around $90 left over. Therefore, I shall wait until my birthday in 2 months to buy a PSP.)

Markus. D
12-26-2007, 08:39 AM
DISGAEA: AFTERNOON OF DARKNESShttp://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/Hagaisyourgod/PrinnyPANIC.gif

Prinneh Tehm~

Nifleheim7
12-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I was also thinking of buying one this Christmas but instead i decided to fill some holes in my PS2 and DS library of games.
Once i'll buy one,i'll be looking for the following titles:
FFTactics:The war of the lions
FFDissidia
FFVII:Crisis Core
Jeanne d'Arc
Gurumin
Tales of the world:Radiant Mythology
Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Mr Cactuar
12-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I was also thinking of buying one this Christmas but instead i decided to fill some holes in my PS2 and DS library of games.
FFDissidia
Jeanne d'Arc
Gurumin
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

My sister got one for Xmas, so I won't have to fork out $250 now to buy something which I'd only ever play 2 games on xD

Jealous?

Nifleheim7
12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
FFDissidia
Jeanne d'Arc
Gurumin
Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

My sister got one for Xmas, so I won't have to fork out $250 now to buy something which I'd only ever play 2 games on xD

Jealous?

My brothers probably don't even know what a psp is...:(

Shlup
12-26-2007, 09:44 PM
You can get anime for free off the internet, but you cannot get a PSP for free of the internet. Go with the PSP. Also, you can watch the anime you downloaded, as well as read downloaded manga, on the PSP.

And get Lumines.

NeoCracker
12-26-2007, 09:51 PM
As far PSP, remakes of games aren't enough to entice me, so I'd say only go for original games when deciding to buy it.

Well, unless Lion wars kept in the Line, "Rebels Plotting Rebellion".

Then you can count it.

CimminyCricket
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Disgaea.

Zeromus_X
12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Lumines

For games that are already released and that fit into the genres you described, anyway.

Namelessfengir
12-27-2007, 03:50 AM
i know its fps but battlefront looks good.... and you could get a white darth vader version

Momiji
12-27-2007, 04:27 AM
You can get anime for free off the internet, but you cannot get a PSP for free of the internet. Go with the PSP. Also, you can watch the anime you downloaded, as well as read downloaded manga, on the PSP.

And get Lumines.

Yeah, but I'd much rather have the anime, actually. I collect anime. ^^

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Disgaea is like an anime.

Vermachtnis
12-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Disgaea is like an anime.

Disgaea has it's own anime.

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 05:31 AM
I know!

Shlup
12-27-2007, 05:39 AM

And get Lumines.

I collect anime too, but without paying hundreds of dollars for just the packaging.

Picking boxed anime over a PSP... Insanity, I tell you!

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 06:19 AM
It has to be the Disgaea Anime!!

Momiji
12-28-2007, 04:27 AM

And get Lumines.

I collect anime too, but without paying hundreds of dollars for just the packaging.

Picking boxed anime over a PSP... Insanity, I tell you!

Truth be told, I didn't have enough to get anything other than the main PSP system, let alone a memory card and games.

That, and I'm getting an awesome deal on the anime.

Gnostic Yevon
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I think Tactics is obviously a good choice.

I've heard goof things about PSP katamari, so if the price drops, go for it.

I tend to like compilations (I've got Namco Collection so far, but I think there are more) just because you get a lot of games for the money.

Lumines is fun too, if you like tetrisy puzzlers.

Dreddz
12-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Im surprised nobody has mentioned any fighting games, the PSP has a couple of greats ones.

Tekken Dark Ressurrection
Power Stone Collection
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Guilty Gear Judgement
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

Momiji
12-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't know why everyone keeps suggesting stuff when I said I'm not getting a PSP anymore, not at the moment, at least. :p

Dreddz
12-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I never bothered reading that. I think your pretty stupid to be honest, its not like you can download a PSP off the internet.

Momiji
12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I never bothered reading that. I think your pretty stupid to be honest, its not like you can download a PSP off the internet.

I'll make my own decisions. >_>

Besides, if you read what I said...

Truth be told, I didn't have enough to get anything other than the main PSP system, let alone a memory card and games.

Judge Master Gabranth
12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
yes your buying psp awesome (sarcasm) so far I have had 2 psp one stolen the other still with me

Hazzard
12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
yes your buying psp awesome (sarcasm) so far I have had 2 psp one stolen the other still with me

What a coincidence. I got two PSP's with a stroke of luck as well, without paying a single cent on the nifty gadget...:shifty:

Markus. D
12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
It has to be the Disgaea Anime!!

I've seen a bit and thought it was more insanely random >__<

but did not stick to the story, I mean, in the first episode or two you had already met the defenders of earth xD.

HappyBuddaH
12-30-2007, 12:35 AM
anime confuses me. maybe im just old, but ill stick w/ regular old cartoons.
anyway,
Tekken: Dark Ressurrection is an excellent game.

KoShiatar
12-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't know why everyone keeps suggesting stuff when I said I'm not getting a PSP anymore, not at the moment, at least. :p

Because if you do buy one in the future, you'll remember about the love we gave you.