PDA

View Full Version : Roxout Coxout (Guitar Hero III)

Roto13
12-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Judging by the thread in General, a ton of people got Guitar Hero III for Christmas. xP I'm one of those people and I'm loving it so far. I have GH II as well so I was all prepared for this one. The song selection is good, but I'm disappointed by the lack of Freezepop. xD

Shlup
12-27-2007, 03:30 AM
I got it a couple of months ago, but I agree it's good. I still suck at it though. :(

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 05:09 AM
I suck at all three Guitar Heroes

Momiji
12-27-2007, 05:15 AM
I never really played Guitar Hero until recently. I've graduated from Easy to Medium now, though.

I like how you can play against people online on it, too. ;)

Markus. D
12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
My friend is a nutter for it xD

It's fun ^_^

but DDR is the only type of beat-thingy kinda games I get/buy of this type.

Madame Adequate
12-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm still a nub but it's epic fun.

Dragonforce on Expert lawls.

Roto13
12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
The videos of people fife-starring Dragonforce on Expert... they hit 100 notes in 8 seconds. o_o

DK
12-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I got it for Xmas too, unfortunately I hadn't played GH properly for about 6 months or so before getting it so my skills have all disappeared. :D going to need to spend some time practicing before I get back to being decent.

Roto13
12-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I had only played it a few times at work in about 7 months so I was getting the shakes. xP I'm still awesome, though. On hard mode. No expert for me. >_>

DK
12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I usually play it through on Hard mode first anyway to get to know the songs before going up to expert, but this time I can't beat the boss in the last block so I'm not going anywhere for now. xD Most of the other hard songs were pretty easy, but I think on Expert it's going to be pretty insane.

Roto13
12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I've heard a lot of complaints about how the game just get's stupidly hard on Expert. Like, to the point where the average person can never hope to even practice enough to finish some of the songs. xP

DK
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
lawl, sounds like fun. Anyway, favourite songs? The downloadable Halo song is totally awesome. La Grange, Cult of Personality and One are all awesome to play, too.

edit: fogot to say I love Welcome to the Jungle, and Number of the Beast was the main reason for getting the game, but I suck at both because I get caught up headbanging and neglect watching the screen :monster:

Roto13
12-27-2007, 04:24 PM
The inclusion of Paint it Black and Suck My Kiss make me happy. Two of my favourite songs ever. :P

JKTrix
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Have you guys linked your profiles on guitarhero.com?

Guitar Hero Community - Rockers - JKTrix (http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/307650)

Yeah, I got it for Wii for the sake of a cousin of mine who only has a Wii. Good thing too, since my 360 has been dead to the world for months. And yeah, I only play on Medium. Working my way up.

oddler
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Suck My Kiss is great fun. My brother and I have co-op'd most of the songs. No success on Dragonforce yet. :-\

Lynx
12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
i love the game but ist aggrivating since im not very good and my hands are cripled from being broken a couple times and cracking my knuckles for 13 years so some of the buttons are hard for me to hit. but i got a special ordered flying V guitar so its awesome.

I Took the Red Pill
12-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Better than GHI, not as good as GHII. Even Flow and The Metal made me happy though.

DK
12-27-2007, 07:56 PM
GH II is the worst in the series. :monster:

I Took the Red Pill
12-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe on opposite day.

The Unknown Guru
12-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I got it. I play on Hard, but I can't beat effing Raining Blood. I always get about 37-38% of the way through before I fail, even with star power. However, I loove playing Impulse, Even Flow, and School's Out. I average about 75% notes on Dragonforce (on Hard. 50% on Expert >.<).

Oh, and Number of the Beast sucks.

KentaRawr!
12-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I say "Yay!" to Black Magic Woman. Great song, truly.

Roto13
12-28-2007, 06:18 AM
I managed to get it working online today (my internet connection is tec suck) and played against Poetically Pathetic. :P It's one of the few times I've ever actually enjoyed playing a game online.

When I try to find my VIP code to created a GuitarHero.com profile, though, nothing shows up. o_o

CimminyCricket
12-28-2007, 06:28 AM
I was going to make a post that actually has to do with this thread, but i can't figure how to spell a word involved so I said screw it.

Shlup
12-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I still can't beat Muse on medium. I can beat Slayer, but not Muse.

I CANNOT ALTERNATE YELLOW AND BLUE, DAMMIT!

Momiji
12-29-2007, 02:22 AM
I managed to get it working online today (my internet connection is tec suck) and played against Poetically Pathetic. :P It's one of the few times I've ever actually enjoyed playing a game online.

When I try to find my VIP code to created a GuitarHero.com profile, though, nothing shows up. o_o

Only 'cause you kept beating me, you meanie.

I finished the game on medium today, and I'm amazed I did, especially on the last song against Lou. I thought my wrists were going to fall off!

Roto13
12-29-2007, 02:34 AM
That last song is pure awesome. Devil Went Down to Georgia. Kinda sucks that us Wii version players can't download the regular version of that song. :P Yet, anyway.

DK
12-29-2007, 02:38 AM
That song annoyed the hell out of me until I lucked out and managed to hit him with four attacks in a row. That's the only way I managed to beat him, and I ended up getting the achievement for failing 25 times while trying to beat him xD

NeoCracker
12-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Wait, Black Magic Women AND Devil went down to Georgia?

Oh god, I want this game.

Momiji
12-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Oddly enough, I can get around 55% (on average) on 'Through the Fire and Flames' on Expert.

The Unknown Guru
01-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Sweet, beat the game on Hard, including Dragonforce (hit 79% of notes). On Expert, I'm stuck on Cult of Personality. That solo is almost Jordan-esque...

Roto13
01-10-2008, 12:58 AM
I failed at the Slayer song a few times and quit. :P It's not even a good song and I've unlocked everything else on Hard so I don't care.

DK
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Can't get past the QOTSA song on expert, not that I've tried much, that entire block is easily the worst block of songs on the game (imho) and so I'm not really inclined to try to get better at it. In GH1 I refused to play the QOTSA song on that and made J do it instead. Shame though, I quite like Cult of Personality.

The Unknown Guru
01-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Really? I like that block. My least favorite is the first one.

Also, I just beat Cult of Personality. :hat:

Dragoon Kain
01-20-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't have GH3, but I wanna get it. Right now I am addicted to Rock Band. It is simply amazing! I can do most of the songs on hard for guitar. Medium for drums and singing. My friend brought GH3 over the other day, and I tried to play the Weezer song. I forget which one it was now. Say it ain't so maybe? I dunno. Anyways. I completely sucked it up. What other decent songs are on GH3?

Tasura
01-20-2008, 04:29 AM
I've got GH3, I bought it shortly after it came out, I play with a standard controller though, due to me not having a guitar controller other than the one my friend broke the day I got it.

I've primarily destroyed Easy and Medium, 5 staring everything, about 90% through Hard with about 50% of that 5 stared, and about 5 or so songs into expert, a couple 5 stared, 1 100%'d. My friend got the 360 version the other day, we played through co-op on medium, he sucks.

NeoCracker
01-20-2008, 04:36 AM
Don't worry Roto, even if we Wii players can't download the original version yet, we don't have to pay to play online. :P

Well, unless GH3 itself has a charge thing going on.

Momiji
01-20-2008, 04:40 AM
I failed at the Slayer song a few times and quit. :P It's not even a good song and I've unlocked everything else on Hard so I don't care.

I can't even 5-star that one on Easy!

Anyway, at this point, I've moved on to playing through the game on Hard, and I'm not very good at that. I've 3-starred pretty much all of them except for Bulls on Parade, in which I got 4 stars. I gave up (for now at least) on the next-to-last block of songs.

I personally think I'm at my best when playing on Medium or Easy (Hyperspeed 5.) The easy setting alone for me is too slow and I screw up too much.

Kirobaito
01-20-2008, 05:22 AM
I haven't played the game on anything but Expert. I will eventually just to make all the money possible.

I've five-starred everything but, I think, Raining Blood (3-star), Number of the Beast (4-star), and One (4-star). I have not yet beaten The Devil Went Down to Georgia or Through the Fire and Flames. I've gotten past the intro in TTFAF once, and got through about 70% of the song.

Momiji
01-20-2008, 05:28 AM
I haven't played the game on anything but Expert. I will eventually just to make all the money possible.

I've five-starred everything but, I think, Raining Blood (3-star), Number of the Beast (4-star), and One (4-star). I have not yet beaten The Devil Went Down to Georgia or Through the Fire and Flames. I've gotten past the intro in TTFAF once, and got through about 70% of the song.

Nice; I can get 60% on TTFAF on Expert, but in practice mode only. The intro kills me. I've only completed one song on expert, though. >_<

Kirobaito
01-20-2008, 06:04 AM

Nice; I can get 60% on TTFAF on Expert, but in practice mode only. The intro kills me. I've only completed one song on expert, though. >_<
Practicing TTFAF I hit like 76% of notes. The song after the intro really isn't THAT difficult - there's a ton of notes, meaning you don't have to hit all of them to eke by. If you struggle with a section, it's so fast that that section won't last very long.

Momiji
01-20-2008, 06:07 AM

Practicing TTFAF I hit like 76% of notes. The song after the intro really isn't THAT difficult - there's a ton of notes, meaning you don't have to hit all of them to eke by. If you struggle with a section, it's so fast that that section won't last very long.

Yeah. If I could manage to get past the intro, I would probably be okay...

o_O
01-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I played GHIII for the first time today.

Playing guitar in real life didn't help me at all!

I Don't Need A Name
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
its a pretty good game
im up to Slayer and Metallica on Expert.
as soon as the solo starts on 'One', even with star power, i fail in 3 seconds. thats saying something considering i can 5 star half of expert mode
Personally, i like GHIII but some of the song choices were pretty poor. only half of the songs are any good. i mean, Foghart, Poison and Sex Pistols are just abysmal. but there are some great songs like Dead Kennedys, Iron Maiden and Eric Johnson
I was thrilled when i heard Flyleaf was on it...then gutted when it was only on X-Box :(

Roto13
01-20-2008, 02:50 PM

My brother's friend is like a musical prodigy and he sucks ass at Guitar Hero. xD

I Don't Need A Name
01-20-2008, 04:26 PM
well i finally beat One on Expert with 4 Star :D
anyone know a way to get through the 'Mosh' section of Slayer, i get about 3/4 in but there isnt enough star power to keep you going
also, i really wanna play co-op mode, but no one i know plays it/are any good at it

o_O
01-20-2008, 09:24 PM

My brother's friend is like a musical prodigy and he sucks ass at Guitar Hero. xD

I'm not great at guitar, but I SUCKED at Guitar Hero. xD

It was ridiculously fun though, so I'm going to buy it and five-star Dragonforce on Expert. ;)

Momiji
01-21-2008, 04:47 AM

I'm not great at guitar, but I SUCKED at Guitar Hero. xD

It was ridiculously fun though, so I'm going to buy it and five-star Dragonforce on Expert. ;)

Good luck. XD

Mercen-X
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Guitar Hero's cooler than I gave it credit for. I can barely play it on Medium though.

Roto13
01-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I've been playing on Expert recently. It's more fun than Hard, but I don't expect that I'll be able to get past the sixth or seventh set. :P

The Unknown Guru
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeh, Expert is a lot more fun than Hard. I can barely stand playing on Hard anymore; it's just not hard enough.

Dark Eternal Knight
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeh, Expert is a lot more fun than Hard. I can barely stand playing on Hard anymore; it's just not hard enough.

QFT.

I finished Hard mode, but I'm currently stuck in the last set on Expert. Damn that Raining Blood to hell! I can't get past the first thrash section! :hot:

Kirobaito
01-24-2008, 08:24 PM
well i finally beat One on Expert with 4 Star :D
anyone know a way to get through the 'Mosh' section of Slayer, i get about 3/4 in but there isnt enough star power to keep you going
also, i really wanna play co-op mode, but no one i know plays it/are any good at it
Practice it a lot. It's just 4 note runs over and over again, which basically becomes a smash of those four keys. If you practice enough it becomes second nature. Now, I haven't practiced it enough, it's not yet second nature to me, so I can't do it every time. I've only 3-starred Raining Blood, because the time I got through the Thrash part fine, I wasn't too set on the repeated greens for some reason, which are now easy to me.

Apparently I had also not yet five-starred Knights of Cydonia. That is no longer the case!

For those who are having trouble getting streaks on the septets (the quick notes), well, they're septets, which means they break the natural rhythm. What I ended up doing to hit them was holding the strummer deeper than usual - instead of with the fingertips, with more of the lower part of the fingers. With a better grip on it, just basically shake your whole body. It worked for me!

Momiji
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM

Yeah. If I could manage to get past the intro, I would probably be okay...

Update: I got 82% practicing TTFAF today on Expert+Hyperspeed 5. I'm actually catching on to the intro now. I just wish I could do it faster.

Roto13
01-25-2008, 12:43 AM
I was playing online with someone on Hard mode today. Best of three. He picked Through the Fire and Flames and I picked Cliffs of Dover. He was awful at Cliffs of Dover but he kicked my ass at TTFaF. Then we played Suck My Kiss and I raped him at it. :P I really think he only plays the one song.

Xander
01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I havent played guitar hero yet, but loving all rhythm games (ddr, ouendan, whatever is at the arcade), I MUST get!

Do you think I may as well start from this version (III) or get either of the others first?

I heard people saying its harder but I guess I can just start on an easier difficulty. I like to think I'm pretty good at rhythm games :p

Madame Adequate
01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
I picked up II last week. Now I have two guitars and I jam with mah boy on a regular basis :D

The Unknown Guru
01-26-2008, 03:36 AM
I just figured something out: Never, ever play with two wireless controllers. About halfway through co-op Dragonforce on Hard with my friend, my controller took over his signal, so his controller was basically playing what I was playing. We lost.

Roto13
01-26-2008, 03:39 AM
I picked up II last week. Now I have two guitars and I jam with mah boy on a regular basis :D

YYZ ftw.

Xander
01-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I got it yesterday, played on easy mode, but got stuck at the devil guy, I hate those boss battles, I suck at them -_-;; So I just started playing medium and enjoying that..

So far I think my favourite song to play was "One" by Metallica.

Momiji
01-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I got it yesterday, played on easy mode, but got stuck at the devil guy, I hate those boss battles, I suck at them -_-;; So I just started playing medium and enjoying that..

So far I think my favourite song to play was "One" by Metallica.

Stock up three attacks and use them all at once. That usually does the trick.

Madame Adequate
01-27-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't have trouble with Lou or Slash. It's Tom Morello who messes me up :(

Xander
01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Ohh, so I have to collect the attacks first? I was just tilting the guitar like crazy and nothing was happening XD omg too much to think about at once x_x

Roto13
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Guitar battles kinda suck. Though I do like the song in the last one.

The Unknown Guru
01-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I own Tom Morello, but I wussed out on Slash and it took me forever to beat Lou on Hard. The problem isn't the powerups, it's just that the song is really hard and I can't practice it :cry:

Kirobaito
01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I own Tom Morello, but I wussed out on Slash and it took me forever to beat Lou on Hard. The problem isn't the powerups, it's just that the song is really hard and I can't practice it :cry:
See, for me it's the opposite. The songs are easy enough to play, except when Lou gets a powerup before you and you try to play a crazy solo on Amp Overload or Lefty Flip.

DK
01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah none of the songs are particularly Hard, Lou was just a bastard for getting the first power up. I only beat him when I stacked 4 powerups in a row on him.

Xander
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Yay I beat easy XD Now for medium... My little finger is not so good yet.. more practise needed :rolleyes2

The dragonforce song is <3 !

I like Casey with red hair and the kitty shaped guitar :D

Momiji
01-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah none of the songs are particularly Hard, Lou was just a bastard for getting the first power up. I only beat him when I stacked 4 powerups in a row on him.

How'd you stack 4? You can only carry 3 at a time. D:

DK
01-29-2008, 03:37 AM
I got three carried and then got another one while I was hitting him with the three in a row

Momiji
01-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Oh. That would work. :p

Usually stacking the Difficulty Up attack and double notes has a nice effect. Doing so (if you're playing on Medium or hard) makes the opponent sometimes play a series of 4-note combos.

The Unknown Guru
01-29-2008, 05:38 AM
The way to utterly shred whoever you're battling is Double Notes (on a crazy hammer-on part) and Lefty Flip, then after that, hit them with Whammy. There's just no way to stay alive, especially on Expert.

leader of mortals
02-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I heard if you hit lou with whammy almost right after the first powerup you get, he goes down easy(he will play a whole :skull::skull::skull::skull:load of green). So you need whammy as your first. I havent tried yet though.

edit: looked it up on youtube, bad quality though

YouTube - How To Beat Lou on Guitar Hero 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdu8dHBplQ)

Roto13
02-05-2008, 01:28 AM
It only works on Expert, though.

leader of mortals
02-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Well if you cant beat him on hard, its easy to train until you can... expert is a little much to train for.

Roto13
02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Hard mode is pretty ridiculous in GH III. :P

leader of mortals
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Yep but expert is even more messed up

Roto13
02-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Well I'm up to the 7th set on Expert and I still haven't beaten Lou on Hard. xP

leader of mortals
02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
I was on the last expert set and I beat hard, then I turned it off while saving:(... now im on the 7th set on expert again though