PDA

View Full Version : PG the promoted asian D:

Peegee
12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
:D!

So I'm currently being trained for a new position. Initially I was a phone monkey solving people's general software/pc problems. Now I'm...I guess a different kind of monkey managing people's emails.

Have you been promoted at whichever job you work at? If you don't work, what is it like being a hippie?

rubah
12-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Being a hippie is great.

I never stuck around long enough at my first job to get promoted. xD

LunarWeaver
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Congratulations PG =O!

I've never been promoted at anything, but I like it that way. I fold under any kind of pressure whatsoever. I can't even choose a type of toothbrush without help, so greater responsibility is probably not good.

Heath
12-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Given that I've only been in my job for a few months, I'm obviously fastly approaching promotion to company president but as of yet it's not occurred yet. To be serious, I am hoping to be promoted from being just temporary staff to actually being a proper member of staff if that's a promotion. In the grand scheme of things, I'd like a promotion in terms of the work I'm doing from standing at a till to doing something more worthwhile.

Roogle
12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I am likely up for an unpaid promotion in the near future.

I do not get any additional training since I know how to perform the job, already. My salary will not increase because the company is under a salary freeze and I am paid quite a lot of money for someone my age, so I feel like I should not complain.

oddler
12-27-2007, 09:48 PM
I was promoted just over 3 years ago where I work. :choc2:

~*~Celes~*~
12-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Being a hippie is fantastic, though when I apply at the local McDonald's, I'll more than likely be hired 'cause they're hurting for workers atm, so I won't be a hippie for much longer.

CimminyCricket
12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm up for promotion by time in service sometime in January.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats PG!~

At my current job, I started as a lowly dishwasher. Though I did my job well enough and was curious enough when I had nothing to do to start being trained as a cook. Eventually I was doing both jobs at once. Now I just do prep work. It is awesome not being a dishwasher anymore. Plus I got a dollar raise with it as well. I was getting minimum wage before hand.

41-Inches-Wide
12-28-2007, 02:30 AM
PG IS SORTING YOUR E-MAILZ! <3

I want to quit my job because I'll never be promoted :(

Vikeve
12-28-2007, 02:41 AM
:D!

So I'm currently being trained for a new posi<b></b>tion. Initially I was a phone monkey solving people's general software/pc problems. Now I'm...I guess a different kind of monkey managing people's emails.

Have you been promoted at whichever job you work at? If you don't work, what is it like being a hippie?

Being a hippie rocks its the most mind expanding experience one can have and the trips we take are awesome.

Del Murder
12-28-2007, 03:34 AM
I've been working at my job for two years and I have been promoted twice.

Namelessfengir
12-28-2007, 05:45 AM
i worked the same job five years and no promotion (course thats because theres only like 3 job classes in the whole company)

and ive never worked anywhere else long enough for promotions though most of the places i worked were factories... does it count as a promotion if you move from a temp to an actual employee

Calliope
12-28-2007, 05:57 AM
I have been working at my job for almost two years, and I have been secconded many times, and actually promoted once.

One day! BLAM!

Yamaneko
12-28-2007, 08:38 AM
All substitute teachers are equal and receive the same hourly pay. Since I just started I'm at the bottom of the seniority ladder, though, so I won't get the first calls.

At my previous job I got two raises in two years, but never an official promotion.

Calliope
12-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Stalin. Is. A. Teacher.

*kaBOOM*

Roogle
12-28-2007, 02:33 PM
All substitute teachers are equal and receive the same hourly pay. Since I just started I'm at the bottom of the seniority ladder, though, so I won't get the first calls.

At my previous job I got two raises in two years, but never an official promotion.

I thought that you worked in the information technology industry. What are you doing.

Anyway, I was offered a promotion today. It is such a big increase in workload, though, and I don't know if I want to do all that if the monetary compensation is not there.

Yamaneko
12-28-2007, 06:55 PM
That was my previous job, Roogle. This gig pays better.

KoShiatar
12-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Congratulations PG!
Promotions at my job were given in December, and I got none. Actually, I'm thinking 'bout changing jobs if things don't get better for me real quick.

Shlup
12-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I've gotten raises, but at the jobs I've had you have to get more education to actually be promoted.