View Full Version : CCS [A]

I Don't Need A Name
12-27-2007, 07:11 PM
This is my first attempt at drawing any manga characters
i couldnt get the perspective right on the legs, so i left them out
sorry for all the marks from rubbing out
Its Sakura from CCS of you hadnt guessed xD
comments and criticism welcomed :D

EDIT: any tips on how to make the chins look natural, cause i have trouble making the lines look right

EDIT: I've added a second attempt at drawing Sakura

Odaisé Gaelach
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Very good, especially for a first attempt. :D

I Don't Need A Name
12-27-2007, 08:48 PM
thanks
ive noticed that her heads a bit flat, and ive missed some shading of the dress under her arm XD

KoShiatar
12-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Not too bad for a first attempt. All I can say is, keep drawing as much as you can!! It's the only sure way to get good at it.

NeoCracker
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I'd like to Draw your attention to three details.

1) The far right drawing of the dress thing seems a bit large, even if it is from an angle. I think It would look a bit better if you shrank it down a bit.

2) The hand, specifically the Thumb. If you look right above the fourth Knuckle from the bottom you see the tip of the thumb, wrapping around the staff. The thumb seems a tad long, in addition there seems to be an additional bump just beneath the thumb thats shaded in, but doesn't look like part of the glove.

Of course, on 2 I might just be a bit crazy and seeing things, but it does seem a bit odd to me.

3) You have horrible taste in shows.

However, I think you did quite a good job. Keep up the good work.

I Don't Need A Name
12-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks you guys
KoShiatar: i am planning on drawing a lot more
Neo: 1) yes, i had a lot of problem with perspective and stuff around that area, so its a bit messed up
2) the thumb is kinda long and fat, but the lump beneath the thumb is present on the original picture i used. i dont know what it is either
also, i love CCS and its the only manga i have, so thats all you will see from me!

I Don't Need A Name
12-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Another drawing has been added to the first post :up:

KoShiatar
12-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Another suggestion is, you can get a book (or look for tutorials in places like Deviantart and Elfwood) about how to draw faces and bodies. Even tough manga style at first sight looks highly unrealistic, and suggestions in such books aimed at different styles, the truth is that basic face and body construction rules are extremely useful whatever kind of art it is that you want to make, and manga especially because it takes a very firm hand and a good sense of bodily perspective to make it look right.

I Don't Need A Name
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah, the face structure is the hardest things to draw