PDA

View Full Version : Some Breath of Fire III help

KoShiatar
12-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Ok, so I got the PSP version of the game, and I'm like 20 hours in.
My problem is simple: how do I learn skills? Every time i try to, either nothing happens, or I get a "You can't learn this skill!" message. What am I doing wrong? :mad: :confused:

NeoCracker
12-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Well, if its from a monster, it means you can't learn that skill. :P

You'll get that message a lot in that game, since not all skills are learnable.

However, if its something like Jump or Motivate (Not sure what the PSP versions are) then I dont' know what to tell you, because you should be able to learn those.

Jowy
12-30-2007, 03:16 PM
PSP version of the game

Where does one acquire this? :o

Larahl
12-30-2007, 03:29 PM
PSP version of the game

Where does one acquire this? :o
The PSP remake was only released in Japan and Europe.
So since you live in the US, you'll have to order a copy from the internet.

KoShiatar
12-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Yep, exactly.

Madame Adequate
12-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, there are a lot of skills which simply can't be learned. That's most likely to be your problem. The best way to learn skills is to be apprenticed to a master - you've almost certainly come across a couple already. When you level up, go back to said master and see if they teach you anything new. If I recall correctly they usually teach four skills.

The other way, the one I think you're using, is to 'Examine' enemies? Yeah, in that case, it's just luck. Luck that they'll use a move other than attack, luck that it's something you can learn, and luck that you will in fact learn it. :(

KoShiatar
12-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Actually it seems like certain characters can learn skills that others can't, for instance only the onion thingy has been able to learn Air Raid so far.

McLovin'
12-31-2007, 03:46 AM
Oh wow I haven't playe that in so long. Makes me want to replay it.