PDA

View Full Version : A Wii Wii bit of a noob there!

Markus. D
12-28-2007, 07:48 AM
OMG!

I feel really stupid today >_<

I asked to purchase a Wii Classic Controller.

and the store guy was like "do you have any wii virtual console games?" and I was like "yes! one here, here and one at home" (Wii Console Games) ... and the guy was like "I don't think you know what you're on about" and I was like "n_n; no~~~~"

and he explained the whole story to me about the different kinds of Wii games (O_o;)

... on another note I now own the new Pokemans Stadium thingy game :3

NeoCracker
12-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Whats the topic here?

Rostum
12-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, virtual console games are the games you download onto your Wii. The classic controller can be used with all of those games and I am guessing some up coming games such as Smash Brothers Brawl (correct me if I'm wrong).

Though, you're probably better off getting a Gamecube controller if you are planning on getting any Gamecube games, as the classic controller doesn't work with Gamecube games (because they don't pick up blue-tooth devices).

If you couldn't give a stuff about Gamecube games, then just get the classic controller (they are a lot cheaper).

Markus. D
12-28-2007, 08:42 AM
I gots 3 gamecube controllers :D

Oh wow, I can use 'em with the Wii!

thanks, I'm learning more and more already~~!

ljkkjlcm9
12-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for the Wii has a number of control schemes
The Wii remote horizontal [=========]
The Wii remote vertical
The classic controller
or the gamecube controller

I don't think it supports the nunchuck actually
expect more games in the future to have multiple control functions, depending what they are.

THE JACKEL

demondude
12-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Super paper mario is better with the classic wii mote.

JKTrix
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Several of the Wii's games can use the classic controller. In most cases, if a Classic controller can be used, so can a Gamecube controller.

The Wired GC controller is the all-around best 'extra' to have for the Wii, since it works with everything and has rumble. I know I'll definitely be using it for Smash Bros. Classic Controller is a good alternative however.

Dreddz
12-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I heard that new Pokemon game sucked.

Momiji
12-29-2007, 02:27 AM

I have it but haven't played through it yet.

It's fun to play against my brother on it when we connect our DS systems to the Wii, though.

Markus. D
12-29-2007, 02:45 AM

You're right :(

It looks bloody sparkly though.

But yeah, it can collect dust... lots of expensive... $100aud dust..

demondude
12-29-2007, 12:14 PM
You can always sell it back.