PDA

View Full Version : What, you never noticed that until now?

ReloadPsi
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Some of us have been playing FF for a loooong frickin' time, but no matter how many years of how many total plays through a game, there's always something new you notice each time, or something you realise, or something that makes you go "hang about, that doesn't actually make sense and it took me all this time to realise that?".

Right now all I can think of is, in FF7, when chasing the coal train and Cid and co hijack another engine from inside the reactor. However, before they did this, it occured to me that the other departing train was definitely moving slowly enough for them to just climb on (not that it takes more than seven or eight seconds to catch up in the other train but still.)

What of you people?

Comet
12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
In some animation sequences in battle, (FF8), you can see Selphie's white panties.

blackmage_nuke
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Well ive know about this for a while but no one has yet explained it to me, In the desert prison in FFVIII when my party goes down to the bottom and finds the cave in and Zell is fighting somewhere on one of the levels some how they see he's in trouble or get to him from the top or something. Sorry i cant remember fully what happened but i know there was an inconsistancy.

ReloadPsi
12-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Well ive know about this for a while but no one has yet explained it to me, In the desert prison in FFVIII when my party goes down to the bottom and finds the cave in and Zell is fighting somewhere on one of the levels some how they see he's in trouble or get to him from the top or something. Sorry i cant remember fully what happened but i know there was an inconsistancy.

They hear gunfire so they put two and two together. Basically, I think Zell's not on the right level (he's meant to be right at the top floor but has somehow descended by several...) They ride the crane up one floor above where Zell is (effectively taking too long) and Squall attacks from the crane or something. The other inconsistency is that the guards DON'T NOTICE THE CRANE.

Zeromus_X
12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Every time I play any of them, I always seem to learn at least one new thing, either about how the game mechanics work or a new item, or something like that. I think the biggest shock to me was that tents can be used as items (in battle) in FFIX. That was a major woah moment.

Bolivar
12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
just noticed the seymour sphere/fayth sequence inside Zanarkand... probably not the first time i noticed, just forgot about it. Also, this is the first time I got Anima so I got to see a little more behind his character.

12-29-2007, 08:41 AM
In some animation sequences in battle, (FF8), you can see Selphie's white panties.

I noticed that the first time I used her in battle. That's why I kept her in my party.

What? Stop looking at me like that.

When I first played FFIV I was really young, so I thought a lot of the awkward translations were just odd but legitimate ways of saying things that I hadn't heard before. It can't be wrong if grown-ups made it, right? Later I noticed that the translation was, in fact, pretty awful.

I can't think of them off the top of my head, but I know there's been more than one enemy sprite that I saw one way and then much later realized: "oh, his head is over there. And that thing I thought was a mouth is actually an eye!" etc.

ReloadPsi
12-29-2007, 12:41 PM
When I first played FFIV I was really young, so I thought a lot of the awkward translations were just odd but legitimate ways of saying things that I hadn't heard before. It can't be wrong if grown-ups made it, right? Later I noticed that the translation was, in fact, pretty awful.

I would have loved to have gone to school with you :p

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Started a new game of FFX and I never realized that in the beginning when Yuna brought that huge suitcase, you can kick it on the boat and get potions. I also seem to have forgotten how much I really like Tidus and how truly awful Yuna's VA is...

In my recent playthrough of IV I forgot how much the spoony bard is incredibly more useful than Tellah...

Larahl
01-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I think the biggest shock to me was that tents can be used as items (in battle) in FFIX. That was a major woah moment.
Same here.
I used it by mistake, and was very surprised that I can actually use
the tents in battle.

Woodinator
01-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Well I'm doing a run through of FFVII for the first time since i was like maybe 10 or so... so now I'm catching all the references (especially the ones in Wall Market) and I can figure out which swears Cid is belting out :P

NeoCracker
01-02-2008, 12:04 AM
The first time I saw Gehstal in VI I though he was a dog creature. It wasn't until a couple years later I noticed the "ears" were some kind of garment, and the weird Nose/muzzle area was actually a Mustache. :P

ReloadPsi
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
The first time I saw Gehstal in VI I though he was a dog creature. It wasn't until a couple years later I noticed the "ears" were some kind of garment, and the weird Nose/muzzle area was actually a Mustache. :P

Hrmm... I didn't think he was a dog creature but I do still have trouble figuring out what the fuck his costume actually is.

ljkkjlcm9
01-02-2008, 10:28 AM
FFVI, terra knocked out on the ground outside of battle
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Party/Terra/Terra%20-%20Down.gif
I mean I know her head is down, but...
she looks like a mermaid, and her hair is actually her tail

THE JACKEL

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/09%20-%20Kefka.gif
I thought he was wearing a helmet for about my first 4 play throughs

and i thought the same thing with that Gestahl = dog thing

http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/14%20-%20Number%20128-1.gif
I also use to think this thing was headless

Vivisteiner
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I played FFIX the whole way through without realising you could use white magic outside of battle.

Sam250
01-02-2008, 12:06 PM
ZOMG, I never realised that Gestahl WASN'T a dog type creature, but I just looked at his sprite now, and I totally see that he is actually an old man:

http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/6gestahl-o.jpg

http://www.uffsite.net/ff6/images/gestahl.jpg

No.78
01-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Started a new game of FFX and I never realized that in the beginning when Yuna brought that huge suitcase, you can kick it on the boat and get potions.

What, you can do that?! =O

Anyway erm... Lessee... I found out pretty late into FF12 that you could turn off the game freeze whenever you went to the fight menu. *shrug*

No wow moments I can think of right now, but I'm sure I've had plenty.

Evastio
01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I can't think of them off the top of my head, but I know there's been more than one enemy sprite that I saw one way and then much later realized: "oh, his head is over there. And that thing I thought was a mouth is actually an eye!" etc.
I'm glad I'm not alone with that.

In FFIV I used to think the Cocatrice's wing was its head and it was facing forward.

I've never understood Zeromus (its undead looking form) though.

01-02-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/09%20-%20Kefka.gif
I thought he was wearing a helmet for about my first 4 play throughs

I thought he was wearing a helmet until I read your post just now (add another 5-10 seconds of staring at it to make his face appear).

Auragaea
01-02-2008, 11:03 PM
^ Same here :eek:

No.78
01-03-2008, 01:24 AM
I can't see the helmet...

Tallulah
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I went through an entire play of Final Fantasy VIII reading Galbadia as Galbaldia, with an extra 'L'. What a dumbass... :eep:

Renmiri
01-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Started a new game of FFX and I never realized that in the beginning when Yuna brought that huge suitcase, you can kick it on the boat and get potions. I also seem to have forgotten how much I really like Tidus and how truly awful Yuna's VA is...

In my recent playthrough of IV I forgot how much the spoony bard is incredibly more useful than Tellah...

:eek: You playing X ???

:love: :love: :love: Congrats!!! :love: :love: :love:

Northcrest
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I played FFIX the whole way through without realising you could use white magic outside of battle.

I didn't know u could do that in FFIX until about 2nd playthrough and in FFVII till like the battle before Sephiroth in my 3rd playthrough.

Pacrat0684
01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I didn't realize until my second playthrough of VIII how incredibly annoying Rinoa is, or how much Quistis has in common with Mary Kay Letourneau.

Vivisteiner
01-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I didnt notice until my 4th playthrough how incredibly annoying Yuna is.

I didnt realise until my second playthrough how amazingly good FFIX is.

I noticed on my first playthrough how amazingly annoying Rinoa is.

I noticed on my first playthrough how amazingly annoying Squall is.

I noticed on my first playthrough how amazingly cool Zell is.

MistaCloudStrife
01-07-2008, 05:49 AM
In FFIX, I didn't notice until near the end of the game that Garnet rotates her butt during battle. I found it pretty amusing that Squaresoft would a continuous battle animation sequence like that.

No.78
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
In FFIX, I didn't notice until near the end of the game that Garnet rotates her butt during battle. I found it pretty amusing that Squaresoft would a continuous battle animation sequence like that.

They're Japanese aren't they?

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM

:eek: You playing X ???

:love: :love: :love: Congrats!!! :love: :love: :love:

My gf :love: is playing through it finally and it got me interested as well. She has proven to me though that X is easily the least difficult game in the series... She got all the way to Macalania temple before she figured out how to activate sphere nodes. She didn't even have a difficult time getting that far with only starting abilities and stats.

For me, I still hate Yuna and she still destroys the believability of the story for me and though the boss fights are quite cinematic and amusing. They are still easy and the combat system still makes random encounters feel like a chore. Of anything, my opinion of Lulu has changed quite a bit as well. I don't like her as much as I used to.

Christmas
05-20-2022, 02:41 AM
I never noticed half naked Sephiroth's nipples when Cloud fought him at the end. Actually, where are his nipples? :(