PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About RPG Maker...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
When you're playing RPG Maker do you have any control over the direction of the story?

MJN SEIFER
12-28-2007, 09:11 PM
When you're playing RPG Maker do you have any control over the direction of the story?

Yes. It's your game, so you can pretty much plan the whole thing.

You linitations depend on which RPG make your using. I have RPG Maker for PSX which I rarely use now as you can only use what your given. I used to have a better version on my computer and was making a game for it, but It's been removed.

oddler
12-28-2007, 10:19 PM
You can do pretty much anything your mind is capable of with the Makers that allow scripting. All of them allow you complete control over the story. Like MJN said, it's much easier to stick with the default data from the earlier versions. The latest ones give you the option of easily importing data you want to use into your game.

I love it. :love:

Markus. D
12-29-2007, 02:41 AM

You can even create it to have no story at all... or even a database full of lore.

It's all in what effort you wish to put into it.

HappyBuddaH
12-31-2007, 03:48 AM
i cant get it to work with Vista

Goldenboko
12-31-2007, 03:51 AM
You can do pretty much anything your mind is capable of with the Makers that allow scripting. All of them allow you complete control over the story. Like MJN said, it's much easier to stick with the default data from the earlier versions. The latest ones give you the option of easily importing data you want to use into your game.

But of course you have to learn Ruby Scripting which is annoying to learn, and COMPLETELY WORTHLESS everywhere else xD

RPGMaker XP doesn't work with Vista, but you can get 2003 to work, but only by having a preexisting RPG Maker game to scrap and work with.

Markus. D
12-31-2007, 04:24 AM

But of course you have to learn Ruby Scripting which is annoying to learn, and COMPLETELY WORTHLESS everywhere else xD

RPGMaker XP doesn't work with Vista, but you can get 2003 to work, but only by having a preexisting RPG Maker game to scrap and work with.

Run as an Admin.

Works on the official version anyway Boko. ;]]]]

ReloadPsi
12-31-2007, 04:31 AM

Unfortunately I'm not surprised.

RPG Maker is a hell of a lot of fun but don't expect to be able to make the best game ever right away. It takes a hell of a lot of practise to be able to make anything that's passable even by amateur standards. Keep at it though, it's an enjoyable little package.

Markus. D
12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
I managed to test the trial version today.

It was made to also work on Vista.

I can't wait to purchase the thing! and, just abuse the hell out of the system B]

MJN SEIFER
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM

I have had at least 2 versions of the game, but what Is "Ruby Scripting".

aquatius
01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
If you can do RGSS scripting, use XP or VX which comes out soon. If you can't, use 2003.

Markus. D
01-04-2008, 04:12 AM
If you can do RGSS scripting, use XP or VX which comes out soon. If you can't, use 2003.

People have made Scripts that you can salvage from around the internets... so RGSS Scripting is really needed to be known.