PDA

View Full Version : So I think I am finally going to buy myself a PS3

darkchrono
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
It looks like there are finally starting to be a decent amount of games available to make the purchase worthwhile so I have a question.

Is there really any difference between the 40 gig and the 60 gig systems.

Is the 40 gig still more than enough to save all the games you would want to save and for the games to run smoothly. Or is it necessary to buy the 60 gig in order to get the full amount of enjoyment from the system and without having to worry about rather or not you are going to have enough memory in order to save a particular game?

Roto13
12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
The hard drive size isn't so much about game saves as it is about downloadable content. Games, maps, etc.

Breine
12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I think that if you want a good backwards compatibility you'll have to go with the 80 GB one.. or that's at least what I've heard.

darkchrono
12-28-2007, 10:28 PM
I think that if you want a good backwards compatibility you'll have to go with the 80 GB one.. or that's at least what I've heard.

I figure that if I want to play an old game I can just quickly hook up my ps2 and play that particular game so that shouldn't be a problem.

Dreddz
12-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Your more likely to get an 80GB than a 60GB. Sony are trying to phase the 60GB out. But their still around here and there.

You can plop your own HDD into a PS3 so I wouldnt worry about the HDD space. 40GB seems enough anyway. Other than that the 80GB has backwards compatability, if thats a big deal to you I'd go out of your way to get a 60GB machine as that doesnt use the emotion engine. Other than that if you use SACD's and want a flash card reader then get the 80GB, the 40GB doesnt have those.

Bolivar
12-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I hunted down a 60 GB one mostly because I know I'll still be playing a good amount of ps2 games, and the emulation backwards compatibility on the 80 gig isn't 100%, yet.