PDA

View Full Version : O, Pistachio

rubah
12-28-2007, 11:11 PM
This story starts three summers ago on a trip of a bunch of high schoolers out west (well, westER) to Tulsa. One of these, whom you all dearly love and adore, wound up with about $3 to her name at the end of the trip, so at the conclusion when they were a scant hour from home (Alma, AR) and decided to partake of some dinner, the heaven of ice cream and burgers Brahms was chosen. (if you aren't of the northwest arkansas/southwest missouri/northeast oklahoma etc area you may not have heard of this place!).

$3 bought a small cone and a small fry. The girl noticed they had an insane flavor called 'pistachio almond' and vouched to try it on her cone.

She fell in love.

For a year and a half she searched the ice cream freezers in search of this mystical flavor and was almost reduced to beliving she had dreamed of its amazingness until. . .

Blue Bunny Ice Cream gave away half gallons of their ice cream for the birthdays of those interested, this girl one of them. When she came home from college for the Christmas break, she found a beautiful golden ticket of ice cream (not necessarily chocolate) and yesterday redeemed it tearfully at the local neighborhood supercenter for a half gallon of mint green Pistachio Almond ice cream.

Rocky Road never stood a chance. There was no decision.

she broke into it last night and declared, "This stuff tastes like that shade of blue the caribbean sea is".

Aerith's Knight
12-28-2007, 11:28 PM
OMG the super intelligent shade of blue.. SHE ATE IT!!

im more of a straiciatella man myself

Jojee
12-29-2007, 12:44 AM
PISTACHIO ICE CREAM <3 <3

And pistachio gelato. Oh, man.

I'm not a huge fan of nuts in general, though.

Aerith's Knight
12-29-2007, 12:46 AM

I'm not a huge fan of nuts in general, though.

bad news for the male race

Rainecloud
12-29-2007, 09:57 AM
I didn't know the ice-cream existed, but I like the nuts.

Having to prise them open is the only annoying part.

blackmage_nuke
12-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I only like pistachios when they are heavily salted, then they are my favourite nut, next to coconut but that doesnt really count.

Never heard of that particular ice cream

Breine
12-29-2007, 11:40 AM

Yes! Pistachio is teh best!1

eestlinc
12-29-2007, 03:50 PM
doesn't sound very tasty to me

Shiny
12-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I smuggle illegal pistachios.

http://www.universalexports.net/Movies/Graphics/12-images/columbo.jpg

Heath
12-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm not a fan of nuts at all, less-so when they're ruining perfectly good ice cream! I'm very boring with ice cream and tend to only have relatively normal flavours like vanilla, strawberry or toffee or the like. I don't usually have ice cream nor money to spend on fancy ice cream flavours. Your story, however, served as an inspiration to me knowing that one day I could own half a gallon of something I truly love.

snacks
12-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Ick the nuts.
Ice cream in general tho <3

BardTard
12-31-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm a lesbian I don't like nuts.

But the ice cream is good! :D My favorite!

I joked I'm only half lesbian!

Awrini
12-31-2007, 05:45 AM
I like to put hot sauce on ice cream.