PDA

View Full Version : New to Wii

Ashley Schovitz
12-28-2007, 11:30 PM
I have a Wii now, but I'm kinda confused about it. I have internet at my house, but I don't understand how come nothing comes up when I go the the news channel only a sign that says error code is wrong or something like that. Did I set up the game wrong or something. I really want to download some of the old games and play brawlm online when that comes out and I heard that you can play with a Gamecube controller, but how I do I put it in there?

Momiji
12-29-2007, 02:25 AM
You have to have a wireless router to do stuff online.

You plug in Gamecube controllers on the top of the system (open the little door on top).

When all else fails, read the manual.

Markus. D
12-29-2007, 02:47 AM
xD, I'm still exploring stuff too.

:(!

I was suprised how much the Wii-Mote cost by themselves.

WOW!

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-29-2007, 03:31 AM
xD, I'm still exploring stuff too.

:(!

I was suprised how much the Wii-Mote cost by themselves.

WOW!

I know, a Wii-Mote and the Nunchuck add-on together is more than one game. Thus I am waiting for Wii Play to go on sale. I think it is a part of their plan on selling Wii Play since the game is cheaper than getting the things separately.

Roto13
12-29-2007, 04:16 AM
I should really get Wii Play. It's the kind of game my husband would like and then we can have two Wiimotes and play together. xP

Kirobaito
12-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I should really get Wii Play. It's the kind of game my husband would like and then we can have two Wiimotes and play together. xP
The only WiiPlay game I play is the Tank game, which is one of the most addicting things I've ever played. My friends and I played it for about five hours straight one night.

Rainecloud
12-29-2007, 09:15 AM
I was a little disappointed once I got the BlueTooth Wireless Internet up and running. The Weather Channel was quite a novelty at first, but soon became tiresome. I then decided to download some classic games, but gave up after I discovered that the prices were quite, quite unreasonable.

Besides, the classic games run much better on my PC. :D

Momiji
12-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I was a little disappointed once I got the BlueTooth Wireless Internet up and running. The Weather Channel was quite a novelty at first, but soon became tiresome. I then decided to download some classic games, but gave up after I discovered that the prices were quite, quite unreasonable.

How are the prices unreasonable? It's cheaper than going to a secondhand shop, where old games cost an arm and a leg.

Roto13
12-29-2007, 03:53 PM
They run flawlessly on the Wii. How can they run better on your PC? xP

Depression Moon
12-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I just got one for Christmas too and I was mad when I found out that you have to have wireless internet to play there's no way around it?

12-29-2007, 06:42 PM
You only neeed wireless to use the other channels (Like Shopping Channel, Internet Channel, Weather, News, etc...). Unless some games have online based features, then you do not need a connection. An alternative to wireless is getting the LAN adapter for it. Though that will run you a few extra bucks.

Roto13
12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't know why people act like a lan connection is impossible for the Wii. :P There's an adaptor, like SoL said. (You can also get a Nintendo Wi-Fi adaptor. It's basically like a tiny wireless router that only works with a DS/Wii.)

Depression Moon
12-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Really how much would they cost? Do you think the adapter would be long enough? I have my Wii in the living room and my PC is all the way on the other side of the house.

12-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Sounds like the Wi-Fi Adapter that Roto mentioned would be your best chance. I am not too sure how much they cost but as far as I understand them, all they do is plug into your computer and send out a wireless signal for your Wii and/or DS to receive. Unless you want to find a huge network cable to have a wired connection. :/

EDIT: Price wise, Amazon says about 32$ USD (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wi-Fi-USB-Connector/dp/B000MXMNG4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1198954726&sr=8-1)

Momiji
12-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Sounds like the Wi-Fi Adapter that Roto mentioned would be your best chance. I am not too sure how much they cost but as far as I understand them, all they do is plug into your computer and send out a wireless signal for your Wii and/or DS to receive. Unless you want to find a huge network cable to have a wired connection. :/

EDIT: Price wise, Amazon says about 32$ USD (http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wi-Fi-USB-Connector/dp/B000MXMNG4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1198954726&sr=8-1)

Want a bargain? I'll sell mine for $20. I bought it and realized I already had a wireless router to work with. I don't have the original package anymore, but I have the installation disc and the adapter! ^^

Heath
12-30-2007, 12:15 AM

How are the prices unreasonable? It's cheaper than going to a secondhand shop, where old games cost an arm and a leg.

British gamers get ripped off as usual anyway. 100 Wii points = £0.70/$1. £0.70 = $1.39. So y'know, it is cheaper to buy them through the Wii rather than the games second hand and slightly more legal than emulating them when you don't own the game, but I think the prices are quite a lot to pay really. And the fact that to buy the equivalent of a SNES game in Wii points US costs you $8, whereas in Britain it'd cost you upwards of $11 doesn't strike me as terribly great.

Momiji
12-30-2007, 12:18 AM

British gamers get ripped off as usual anyway. 100 Wii points = £0.70/$1. £0.70 = $1.39. So y'know, it is cheaper to buy them through the Wii rather than the games second hand and slightly more legal than emulating them when you don't own the game, but I think the prices are quite a lot to pay really. And the fact that to buy the equivalent of a SNES game in Wii points US costs you $8, whereas in Britain it'd cost you upwards of $11 doesn't strike me as terribly great.

Yeah. :p

Then again, $11 still isn't much. I just wish they'd implement some of the games I like (SMBRPG, EarthBound, Final Fantasies I-VI, and where the hell are my Megaman games?! ;-; ).

Heath
12-30-2007, 12:21 AM
I suppose one advantage of being British is that you can at least buy Mega Man and Mega Man 2 :p

I know it's not a lot and I don't have a Wii myself, but it still strikes me as unfair that British gamers should have to pay more for the games on Virtual Console when they're already paying more for the console itself and games as far as I know.

Momiji
12-30-2007, 12:23 AM
I suppose one advantage of being British is that you can at least buy Mega Man and Mega Man 2 :p

I know it's not a lot and I don't have a Wii myself, but it still strikes me as unfair that British gamers should have to pay more for the games on Virtual Console when they're already paying more for the console itself and games as far as I know.

Hmmm...so is it possible to gift Megaman 2 to my console? :p

Roto13
12-30-2007, 12:29 AM

Hmmm...so is it possible to gift Megaman 2 to my console? :p

'Fraid not. :P

Super Mario RPG was on the release forecast list on Wikipedia forever but now it's gone. >_>

Ashley Schovitz
01-01-2008, 12:33 AM
[
Want a bargain? I'll sell mine for $20. I bought it and realized I already had a wireless router to work with. I don't have the original package anymore, but I have the installation disc and the adapter! ^^

Since he's not answering can I take it and where can I buy it from you?