PDA

View Full Version : Juno

Vikeve
12-29-2007, 03:24 AM
I don't think anyone has started a thread for this movie yet, soooo I guess I will. Has anyone seen this yet? I just saw it today and I thought it was pretty good.

I loved the way they talked in the movie.

I want a hamburger phone.

And Vanessa's husband was creepy.

What are your thoughts eoff?

Miriel
12-29-2007, 03:34 AM
I want to see this so bad. :(

Just to see Michael Cera and Jason Bateman work together again would be worth the ticket price alone.

Boney King
12-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Date movie of the year, imo.

Seraphic
12-29-2007, 06:27 AM
I loved it sooo much ;o;
I really liked how they talked to, although it was unrealistically trendy/indie talk that people don't really use,lol But still fun to see and hear.
I also want a hamburger phone, that thing looks so cool.
Ellen Page is just sooooo real in her movies.
I really hope she gets nominated and wins for Best Actress, she totally deserves this.
<3

Momiji
12-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but it looks good. I haven't seen Superbad yet either, but I heard it was good as well.

Wow, I'm really behind when it comes to movies.

Vikeve
12-30-2007, 03:23 AM
I loved it sooo much ;o;
I really liked how they talked to, although it was unrealistically trendy/indie talk that people don't really use,lol But still fun to see and hear.
I also want a hamburger phone, that thing looks so cool.
Ellen Page is just sooooo real in her movies.
I really hope she gets nominated and wins for Best Actress, she totally deserves this.
<3

Not just Ellen page, I think all of the characters did a good job. Plus, ever since the show Alias I have been a fan of Jennifer Garner.

oddler
12-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Saw it today and it was super-duper. I was totally feeling the way she talked to everyone because people really do talk like that! :cool:

Very good movie.

The Unknown Guru
12-31-2007, 01:54 AM
I looooove this movie. The acting was incredible, the subject was tastefully handled, and the soundtrack was brilliant. The only thing I'm disapponted aboot was that Jason Bateman didn't get a scene with Michael Cera. That would've been so awesome.

Dude, Vanessa was creepy!

Rengori
01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I saw it a while back, great movie. Made me laugh a lot.

I thought they were both creepy enough for each other. :D

Madame Adequate
01-01-2008, 02:42 PM
The only thing I'm disapponted aboot was that Jason Bateman didn't get a scene with Michael Cera. That would've been so awesome.

Inconceivable!

Impossible fail on that front :(

I think I'm gonna go see Juno, I hear little but good things.

Yar
01-02-2008, 03:01 AM
This is THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER. I think it is the one and only movie that has or ever could have knocked off Office Space as my favorite movie.

Michael Cera and Jason Bateman in a comedy? Are you sure this isn't an Arrested Development movie?

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but the movie's music was OUTSTANDING. Probably the best soundtrack I've ever heard, and it mixed with the movie perfectly.

Vikeve
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM

I warmed up to Vanessa by the end of the movie.

41-Inches-Wide
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I read about this in wikipedia and there was a bit about that thing where this movie was actually compared to the Korean movie Jenny, Juno. Well, the thing about a teenage girl being pregnant maybe close but the whole story isn't at all. I've watched Jenny,Juno and it has nothing in common with Juno well except of course this pregnant girl, and cute teenage couples staying together in the end.

Vikeve
01-04-2008, 01:03 AM
I read about this in wikipedia and there was a bit about that thing where this movie was actually compared to the Korean movie Jenny, Juno. Well, the thing about a teenage girl being pregnant maybe close but the whole story isn't at all. I've watched Jenny,Juno and it has nothing in common with Juno well except of course this pregnant girl, and cute teenage couples staying together in the end.

Boy gets girl, boy looses girl, boy gets girl that's kind of a recurring theme in a lot of movies in case you haven't noticed.:tongue:

Yar
01-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Diablo Cody said she had never heard of Jenny, Juno (in fact in that movie, Juno is the boy), but it's just that Juno is so unique as a name that confusion is inevitable.

Del Murder
01-04-2008, 03:55 AM
I liked it. It was funny and cute. Jason Bateman's character was creepy, though.

41-Inches-Wide
01-04-2008, 04:05 AM

Boy gets girl, boy looses girl, boy gets girl that's kind of a recurring theme in a lot of movies in case you haven't noticed.:tongue:\

Well technically Juno didn't lose Jenny at any time during the film, even near the end because all throughout her pregnancy he was so determined to be a good father and be with Jenny like 24/7 like Tolerating her mood swings, giving in to what she wants etc. Unlike Michael Cera's character who dated and left Juno alone.

Omg I just remembered the sweetest thing I've ever seen in cinema! I remember Jenny being sad and filled with envy that her classmates were eating- pizza, I think- something she couldn't afford and they wouldn't give her some. Juno watched her without her knowing and was furious at himself for not giving Jenny everything that she needed. She found herself dragged at the nearest restaurant and Juno poured out all his savings just to get her pizza, telling her that it isnt safe if she tries to curb her cravings by not eating, that it's not good for the baby and some such romantic, silly, wonderful, sweet nonsense. *sigh*

Since Juno is typical American dry, or deadpan humor, I don't think the romantic part between Michael and Ellen's character is at the same level that of the Korean flick. JUNO needs more romance, Y/N ? :tongue:

Miriel
01-04-2008, 05:28 AM
I really liked it!

The movie was very... real. I don't know how else to describe it. The dialogue obviously was far more witty and clever and funny than how people talk in real life, but I thought everyone in the film did a great job of taking the quirky elements and making it seem absolutely grounded and true.

Ellen Page and Jennifer Garner did an especially great job. But everyone was great. Jason Bateman's character WAS pretty creepy though. I couldn't even watch the prom dance part cause it was making me feel so awkward. Vanessa's desperation for a baby was so convincing and almost heartbreaking that I think my ovaries started twitching. :p

Bartholomew
01-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Juno wasn't typical American "deadpan" humor, it was actually quite pretentious and relied on age-inappropriate wit from the teenage characters who shouldn't be educated enough to craft that type of paronomasia. I don't agree with adding more "romance," since it's a film about a pregnant teen, not a mature couple, since teens aren't really capable of romance anyway. Michael Cera did a great job and was the funniest part about the film, but Juno herself, unfortunately, suffered as a character due to dialogue that tried too hard to be witty.

Also, the soundtrack was far too indie/cutesy/saccharine; it was clear they tried a bit too hard to achieve cult-film status.

Caraliz
01-27-2008, 10:32 PM
i loved this movie. the soundtrack was amazing, and i thought there were many memorable quotes. vanessa was creepy in the beginning but towards the end i really warmed up to her, but srs her husband was creepy too. ;_; i thought he was nice in the beginning but towards the end i realized what a jerk he was. i figure that the first time they didn't get the baby, it was because of him.

but moar ellen page plz. and michael cera too!

Shlup
02-01-2008, 05:34 AM
I just watched it for the second time. I love it in many different ways. *nod*

Yamaneko
02-01-2008, 05:47 AM
I watched it last week. I thought it was cute, but the soundtrack annoyed me.

Zeldy
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I watched it a few hours ago, I loved it. I loved all the little quirks, it was just so cute. I love sarcastic humour.

Rianoa
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
i really want to see it wen i can b bothed but im gona avoid the cinema tomorow being valentines day n all. :mad:

Quindiana Jones
02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
"She's been giving me the stink eye...."
"That's not stink eye. That's...that's just her face."

Made me lol. Good movie.

Vikeve
02-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Michael Cera's character who dated and left Juno alone.

That was what I was talking about but now I'm just confused.

McLovin'
02-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Chick flick thus I didn't like it :p

Roto13
02-14-2008, 02:18 AM
I enjoyed it very much. The ending was very touching and not quite what I was expecting.

Captain Maxx Power
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
I find it weird that something as antsy a topic as teenage pregnancy can somehow become a successful, heart-felt comedy. I will not be seeing it, doesn't appeal to me at all.

Quindiana Jones
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Nothing appeals to you, Moxx.