PDA

View Full Version : Trauma Center: New Blood

Momiji
12-30-2007, 12:59 AM
So, this game was just recently released. I just got it.

It has everything the first two games had and more! It's substantially harder though (Brain surgery? WTF!?). However, I'm still a huge fan of the series. It's excellent.

Discuss.

Roto13
12-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I liked the first one and I want to play this one. The first one was pretty short, though, so I think I'd rather rent this.

Shlup
12-30-2007, 01:36 AM
How's it on Wii? I've stayed away from the Wii ones because they don't seem like they'd be as neat as the DS one.

Roto13
12-30-2007, 01:38 AM
I haven't played the DS one, but it's good on the Wii. Selecting your tools with the nunchuck seems like it'd be a lot more convenient than the DS version. Also, the entire final chapter is different (and I've been told harder) than the DS one, and a few more missions have been changed. Like the one where you disarm the bomb.

Momiji
12-30-2007, 01:55 AM
I haven't played the DS one, but it's good on the Wii. Selecting your tools with the nunchuck seems like it'd be a lot more convenient than the DS version. Also, the entire final chapter is different (and I've been told harder) than the DS one, and a few more missions have been changed. Like the one where you disarm the bomb.

You're talking about TC: Second Opinion for the Wii. Yes, it is basically the same as the DS version, but some missions (like the bomb one) are different, and the original chapter 6 (which was basically a review of all the GUILT patients) is totally replaced by a new chapter, which continues with how Naomi Kimishima crosses paths with Derek and Angie. Yes, it is also harder, as it is a follow-up of what happens AFTER the DS chapter 6. The new chapter revolves around the 8th GUILT: Bliss. (which, ironically, is not a NEW GUILT, just a superhard version of the other 7). In one operation, you must operate on 4 Bliss GUILT patients in 10 minutes (sort of like 'Under The Knife' where you have to operate on 5 Kyriaki patients, but much, much harder). Also, some new operations require you to operate on a patient with 2 types of GUILT at once, one with Kyriaki and Savato, and another with Kyriaki and Paraskevi, starting in the heart (anyone who has played through the game knows what that means).

However, the new game, New Blood, is a new story with new characters and newer, much more complex operations. The new story revolves around a new type of parasites-- Stigma. I just finished the operation where you eradicate the second Stigma (they don't say their names yet, but I know the first one is called Cheir (vaguely like Kyriaki, except the mature form does 6 lacerations, sort of the 9 lacerations Savato does in TC: Under The Knife and TC: Second Opinion. The second one, Soma, is much easier, but you need to keep up with it, because it is similar to Deftera (you use your drain a lot)). I haven't managed anything higher than a B rating so far though, where I have an S rank in almost ALL of the operations in the DS game, if that gives you an idea how much harder the new game is.

Aerith's Knight
12-30-2007, 01:56 AM
i played the last one on the ds .. it was awsome.. i really liked the RP in there too..

but some surgeries were so hard, because the stiches take a lot of time and when theres a time limit >_<

Momiji
12-30-2007, 01:57 AM
i played the last one on the ds .. it was awsome.. i really liked the RP in there too..

but some surgeries were so hard, because the stiches take a lot of time and when theres a time limit >_<

There was only one on the DS. The other two are on the Wii.

And yeah, many operations are difficult first. And stitches don't take that long, just do a quick zigzag, you don't have to take your time on them.

Aerith's Knight
12-30-2007, 02:09 AM

And yeah, many operations are difficult first. And stitches don't take that long, just do a quick zigzag, you don't have to take your time on them.

yeah, but they dont always work with a quick zig zag..

and when you have exactly 10 seconds to do it..

just believe me.. it took lots of time..

and it took until the end to figure out how to preform cpr =)

Momiji
12-30-2007, 02:16 AM

yeah, but they dont always work with a quick zig zag..

and when you have exactly 10 seconds to do it..

just believe me.. it took lots of time..

and it took until the end to figure out how to preform cpr =)

...Are you talking about operation #6: Life or Death?! That's one of the easiest operations to S-Rank on. Seriously. When that giant cut forms, you should automatically go into Healing Touch mode, which slows how fast things in the operation moves and slows down loss of vitals. Seriously though, all you have to do is start at the bottom and do a quick squiggle. It shouldn't take more than 2 seconds.

As for the heart massage, just apply antibiotic gel and follow the scrolling block without a tool. Not hard at all. Just believe me, it's very simple. Be sure to add the antibiotic gel, and the massage completes much quicker.

The hardest operation in the game is without X1: Kyriaki though. I completed it with three hundredths of a second to go (0:00.03). I can never duplicate that, so I'm going to keep my C-rank on it.

Also, if you aren't good at stitching, I can't imagine how you fare against Kyriaki, Pempti, Paraskevi, and Savato.

Ashi
12-31-2007, 03:23 AM
I would get this but I didn't enjoy the other Trauma Center on the wii very much. I have bad aim.

Momiji
12-31-2007, 03:52 AM
I would get this but I didn't enjoy the other Trauma Center on the wii very much. I have bad aim.

Oh, you'd hate the new one, then. Saying it's twice as hard as the first two is an understatement.

JKTrix
01-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Picked this up yesterday. My store is slow. Immediately, I love the cosmetic improvements they made to the game. Now it's in 480p and 16:9 widescreen, and there's a *lot* more Voice Acting. I haven't gotten far enough to see any new tools, but i'm looking forward to that.
The addition of Online Leaderboards is novel, and something that would keep score junkies coming back to it.

I'm really interested to try some of the co-op mode (though it's not online). In the previous Wii game, you could sort of do Co-op with one person on the nunchuk while the other was on the remote, kind of like a 'nurse, hand me this tool' kind of thing, but this game is 2 doctors operating simultaneously. I can imagine some of the harder stuff from the last game going much smoother with an extra hand, so that really has me interested in trying it. If only I had someone to play with... the only other person I know who would buy this game is going back to Canada tomorrow for school.

But yeah, fan of the games. This series is one of the best 3rd party franchises on the Wii.

Momiji
01-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Picked this up yesterday. My store is slow. Immediately, I love the cosmetic improvements they made to the game. Now it's in 480p and 16:9 widescreen, and there's a *lot* more Voice Acting. I haven't gotten far enough to see any new tools, but i'm looking forward to that.
The addition of Online Leaderboards is novel, and something that would keep score junkies coming back to it.

I'm really interested to try some of the co-op mode (though it's not online). In the previous Wii game, you could sort of do Co-op with one person on the nunchuk while the other was on the remote, kind of like a 'nurse, hand me this tool' kind of thing, but this game is 2 doctors operating simultaneously. I can imagine some of the harder stuff from the last game going much smoother with an extra hand, so that really has me interested in trying it. If only I had someone to play with... the only other person I know who would buy this game is going back to Canada tomorrow for school.

But yeah, fan of the games. This series is one of the best 3rd party franchises on the Wii.

How far have you gotten? It only gets harder. I've hit a wall where I'm at. I'm on an operation similar to the 'Under the Knife' operation in the DS game and Second Opinion, only it's 3 Stigma patients in 10 minutes. It's really tough.

Dark Eternal Knight
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
I love the Trauma Center series. I have the DS version, and the first Wii version, and they're both great, but if I had a dollar for every hair I've pulled off of my head from all of the frustration of trying to actually beat the game, I'd be a rich dude. :mad:

Rather, a rich, BALD, dude. :p