PDA

View Full Version : best dresspheres

ff is da best
12-30-2007, 06:16 AM
what are the three best dressperes in the game that i can use for each of my characters?

qwertysaur
12-30-2007, 07:04 AM
I use spherechange to fit the needs of the battle.
I always have an alchemist with haste active though.
Stashing mega potions is great.:)

blackmage_nuke
12-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Three Samurai is all you'll ever need

Markus. D
12-30-2007, 07:32 AM
That won't work on a certain spherical monster in the Via.

edit: as for best Sphere, why not go multi? three WHM = Quicker full buffs before changing into the desired role~ etc... stack on the Powers with the buffing classes, Change, Kill, Profi... I mean, Win!

ff is da best
12-30-2007, 09:33 AM
i mainly like to use the gunner dressphere, gun mage (or something like that ) and the warrior one.
are these good choices?

BG-57
01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
By the end of the game (or in a New Game+) I mainly use Mascot, Dark Knight, and Gunner (with Cat Nip). Those classes will work fine in most situations. Of course with spherechange you can change classes as needed in combat.

The best GG for combat is The End, but it takes a lot of work to get.

ff is da best
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
how about the special dresspheres should i even bother with them.

BG-57
01-02-2008, 12:59 PM
They're more useful early on, when you won't have access to BDL and BHPL through accessories or GGs. Since they function essentially as a restricted three person party, they lose their value later in the game. I use them mainly against lower level bosses. It's overkill to use them on random Fiends, except for leveling.

No.78
01-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Just go with your 3 favorite dresspheres, the game isn't that difficult so you can just meld them to a strategy that works.

I levelled all the spheres anyway.

ff is da best
01-03-2008, 04:36 AM
what was the dresshere that u get if you beat shinra at sphere break.
because i lost to him i almost won i needed 4 more qouta thingys but then on the last turn the core shepere was 1 so i couldnt really get lol

Markus. D
01-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Try again.

Lady Luck has some absolutely amazing abilities like Gillionare and also one or two that boosts EXP gained.

The Special Dresspheres only real useful-ness comes from being able to do pretty much anything in any situation... each has a special skill that is made to look spectacular (Great Whirl in particular) like an Overdrive in X... dealing a mass of damage.

ff is da best
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
i managed to get lady lauck from shinra in chapter 5.
my current party are a berserker, darknight and samuri i reckon these are a great combination all i need know is mascot which i will get in a new game plus and also trainer i missed it out, which shouldnt be no problem.

sleepy_shadow
03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I've got a Lady Luck, a Berserker, and an Alchemist. Love the auto-crit and the double exp, but the Lady Luck dressphere is fairly weak otherwise.
My other favorite combo is three dark knights.

Renmiri
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Mascot, Dark Knight, Alchemist

Or Gunner for the catnip trick

sleepy_shadow
03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Badly wounded Gunner + lvl. 3 trigger happy + highroad winds garment grid + speed bracer + catnip = no fun.

Renmiri
03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Badly wounded Gunner + lvl. 3 trigger happy + highroad winds garment grid + speed bracer + catnip = no fun.

I know, but on Via Infinito with Don Tomberry I needed it :p

sleepy_shadow
03-07-2008, 04:18 PM

Don Tomberry? Haven't heard of it.

You mean the big tonberry thing?

Roogle
03-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I played through a significant portion of the game with Yuna, Rikku, and Paine using only the Trainer job class.

BG-57
03-07-2008, 06:18 PM

Don Tomberry? Haven't heard of it.

You mean the big tonberry thing?

Mega Tonberry.

Little Blue
03-07-2008, 06:23 PM
In the late game I tend to use either two Samurai and an Alchemist, or Yuna and Paine with Mascot with a garment grid and accessories to BDL and Rikku as an Alchemist, depending on if I've got Mascot at the time.

sleepy_shadow
03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Three Dark Knights.

Have each one equiped with Haste Bangle and Ragnarok. Three Darkness attacks every round quickly eliminates almost any beastie you run across.