PDA

View Full Version : Guy killing himself!!!

gtrman79
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Hey all. I'm new to the forum!! But I've been playing FF since FF1 was out fer the NES. So, I am a long time fan, I just don't know all the secrets of all the games.

Anyway, I'm having a problem my characters killing themselves after I revive them from KO. It has happened twice now. Once right after I killed a boss!!! I don't know if it has something to do with the gambits?? It's probably something really easy.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 02:01 AM
I've never heard of that happening. What gambits are you using? Like Self - HP < 30% - Fight? xP

qwertysaur
12-31-2007, 03:17 AM
Welcome!:p

tell us your gambits, and someone will point out the problem.

Crossblades
12-31-2007, 04:15 AM
It could be your gambit setup

gtrman79
12-31-2007, 04:38 AM
I have the gambits off on the Leader that I choose to play. And the other character I have has the attack closest foe #1 and the #2 is heal ally<70%. And it seems if he gets KO'd, I revive him. Then he starts swing at himself.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 04:41 AM
Did you double check your gambits or are you pulling that out of your memory?

Renmiri
12-31-2007, 08:35 AM
If you are using "Revive" that is precisely what it does: The character kills him/ herself to resurrect another with full HP. There's some other technique that makes it inflict damage in him/ herself to attack, could be it too.

Also, check if they are berserked.

gtrman79
01-02-2008, 02:05 AM
I should clarify. I didn't use "revive", I used a Phoenix down. I don't think he was berserked. But....a character gets KO'd, isn't the status cleared then??? So even if they were beserked, when they die and i use a phoenix down, there should be no ailments. If this helps, they had doom on them when they died.

Here's when it happened last time. I have Vaan and Basch. I am fighting a ghost in the waterways in Lowtown. He casts doom a lot. So I killed the ghost but Basch was KO'd. So I give him phoenix down, he kills himself. Give him another, does it again. hmmm....

Quindiana Jones
01-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Dude, I just totally owned your usernotes. :D

Hmm. Do you have Reverse cast or summat? Or maybe the Nihalpoepaeorilaiorpepsoapoeia equipped? I've never heard of that happening, and never had that problem either.

Renmiri
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh, disease and virus don't get cured by a KO. Their max HP is set to 1 HP too so as soon as they are revived they die. You need to use cleanse

gtrman79
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
That would be why!!!! Here I thought when you got KO'd, it cleared the ailment. Thanks a bunch!!! I'll try this out.

Renmiri
01-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Vaccine works too. Cleanse is the spell, vaccine is the item iirc. Hate disease, the 1 HP makes them die so fast it is hard to cure them.

rayquaza0
01-13-2008, 08:29 AM
What renimiri said is true but i would not recommend using 'Cleanse' the amount of time between u casting cleanse and also waiting could result in a death of diseased character, have this gambit ready when fighting the mark
Ally > Any (>) Vaccine
OR
Ally > Any (>) Remedy*

EDIT: *Only if you don't have vaccine and only if you have Remedy Lore 3

:greenking
Hope that helped you a bit more?

gtrman79
01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Thank you for all the advice. Well, you're going to laugh at what I actually did....

I acquired another person to the party, but didnt put him in the group fighting against this boss. Well, when Doom was cast on the 2 people fighting, after I defeated the boss, of course they killed them selves. But....it then asked me to put the other character in the fight after the previous 2 were killed. Then was all fine. This new character was clean. Went to a crystal and healed all. Good to go!!!

But now I know what to do PROPERLY. Thanks!!!