PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy Opinions

Rainecloud
12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
So, for those of you who have the game - is it any good?

I'm almost tempted to buy a Wii just so I can play the game, as it looks awesome. However, I've been told - by some - that the game isn't all it's cracked up to be in terms of depth and gameplay.

What are your opinions?

demondude
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Buy it.

Mr Cactuar
12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
So, for those of you who have the game - is it any good?

I'm almost tempted to buy a Wii just so I can play the game, as it looks awesome. However, I've been told - by some - that the game isn't all it's cracked up to be in terms of depth and gameplay.

What are your opinions?

You don't buy a Wii for Galaxy, you buy a Wii for Twilight Princess, Metroid 3, Mario Galaxy and most of all Brawl when it's released.

Getting it just for one of the 1st three doesn't sound worth it.

demondude
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Mario galaxy is good enough to constitute a wii purchase.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
It's pretty awesome, I gotta say. I got it for Christmas. Best level design ever.

Probably not worth the $300 you'd spend on it if you'd only use your Wii for the one game, but I'm assuming you're not planning on playing the one game and stopping. :P

JKTrix
12-31-2007, 04:23 PM
I suppose if you're all hyped up about it being 'the best game ever', you'd come into it and go "Pfeh! This game is merely excellent!" and come away somewhat disappointed.

Anyway, it's good. Buy a Wii for Mario, stay for the other stuff.

Like Zack & Wiki. Buy Zack & Wiki!

It's certainly less ridiculous than buying a PS3 for Virtua Fighter. Though I'm pretty ridiculous.

Rainecloud
12-31-2007, 05:29 PM
I forgot to say that I owned a Wii when they first came out. I bought Twilight Princess, stormed through it, compared it to OoT in every conceivable way and was rather disappointed. I only sold the console because I desperately needed funds.

However, as some of you have stated, Mario Galaxy does seem to constitute a Wii purchase.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Sup (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/112095-super-mario-galaxy.html?highlight=galaxy)?