PDA

View Full Version : Bioware RPGs...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-31-2007, 05:58 PM
What do you think of Bioware RPGs? I love Bioware RPGs so much that I'm willing to take a chance with the Sonic RPG Bioware is developing for the Nintendo DS...Even though Sonic hasn't had a good game since the 16-bit era.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Go play Sonic Rush.

Sonic Adventure wasn't bad either.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Go play Sonic Rush.

Sonic Adventure wasn't bad either.

You didn't answer my question 13.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 06:09 PM
You stated an untruth and corrected you, 912. :P Don't make me hijack your thread.

JKTrix
12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Bioware is the only reason I'm interested in Sonic RPG.

I've only really played KOTOR and Jade Empire (dead 360=no mass effect), but they have a greater legacy behind them that fans seem to trust.

So, why the heck not.

Dreddz
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I havent ever played an RPG from Bioware. Probably because none of there games have interested me, except for Mass Effect, which I plan to get in the next few days.

And John_912, you seem to think that Sonic has been cursed or something. Its just Sonic Team being very lazy with their mascot. A Sonic RPG sounds very awesome, regardless what company is making it. Its just the icing on the cake that the company making it happens to be a very good one.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
I actually think a Sonic RPG sounds ridiculous but it's a good company making it so my hopes are higher. xP

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
You stated an untruth and corrected you, 912. :P Don't make me hijack your thread.

I'm talking about Sonic games for the consoles 13.

Dreddz
12-31-2007, 06:51 PM
I actually think a Sonic RPG sounds ridiculous but it's a good company making it so my hopes are higher. xP

Are you kidding me?! Sonic & co make awesome characters for an RPG. This is a good time to bring back some classic Sonic characters like E-102 Gamma and Big the Cat, Ray the Flying Squirrel, Bark the Polarbear and of course, Froggy. And theres soooo many villains they could use, Robotnik, Chaos, E-123 Omega and Metal Sonic. With Sonics rich history they could cram so much awesomeness into this game.

Just a shame that they'll probably only include Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Bastards! Gameplay is what always shines through though, and Bioware arent likely to screw that one up.

Rainecloud
12-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Neverwinter Nights is simply outstanding. I'm pretty sure that's the only Bioware RPG I've played so far, as I don't have that much time for games these days.

So, yeah. Bioware has made one awesome RPG that I'm aware of. :D

Roto13
12-31-2007, 07:36 PM

You never said anything about consoles or handhelds in your first post. And like I said, Sonic Adventure was good.

Dreddz
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Sonic Adventure was great.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-31-2007, 09:29 PM

You never said anything about consoles or handhelds in your first post. And like I said, Sonic Adventure was good.

I was thinking about consoles when I said that because I never played a handheld Sonic game before.

Roto13
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Well I refer you to my first post. Play Sonic Rush. :P

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Well I refer you to my first post. Play Sonic Rush. :P

But I don't wanna play Sonic Rush because it has annoying voice overs...I think I'll just play Sonic Advance 1-3 instead. :P

Roto13
12-31-2007, 10:09 PM
There are no more voices in Sonic Rush than in Sonic Advance.

Laddy
01-01-2008, 04:06 AM
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn is one of the single best game ever created. Bioware=Love

IceT
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn is one of the single best game ever created. Bioware=Love

Second that, and the expansion to it 'Throne of Bhaal' has its merits too.

Laddy
01-02-2008, 10:04 PM

Second that, and the expansion to it 'Throne of Bhaal' has its merits too.Agreed. BGII is lonely without ToB.

Larahl
01-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Neverwinter Nights is one my all time favorites.
I should really replay it again.

Anyways, I'm really excited about Sonic RPG, because
I'm really curious to see how it will turn up.

LunarWeaver
01-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm afraid to admit I did not like the Baldur's Gate games. And yet I loved KOTOR to death and couldn't get enough. Then I played Jade Empire, and loved it too. Come to Mass Effect, and their formula is really reaching new heights. They don't rest on what they've done and pump out clones, but rather push themselves and try to do something different.

The Sonic thing makes me giggle for reasons unknown. As long as Tails is in it the game will be sexy. Amy can finally cast curaga like it's obvious she wants. She desires acceptance through support.