PDA

View Full Version : Is Aeris's theme pretty popular in Japan

darkchrono
01-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Look at these professional orchestras as they perform some of the themes from FF7.

If you notice there is a pretty loud applause from the crowd once Aeris's theme begins. Is Aeris's theme vastly known and popular throughout Japan or would this just be a concert full of people familiar with the FF games.

YouTube - Beginning of Fantasy - Aerith's Theme (FF VII) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAAMn1GTsVY&feature=related)

Here is a piano version of Tifa's theme from it looks like the same orchestra as the feature above. Doesn't seem to be done quite as well and you can spot some mishaps from the lady who performed it. Still done well though

YouTube - Beginning of Fantasy - Tifa's Theme (FFVII) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuwPx73Y3U)

Aerith's Knight
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
AERIS THEME IS AWSOMENESSS!!!

=)

Big D
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
That recording's from an entire FF concert; Aerith's theme is one of the most popular pieces of FF music as far as I can tell, so it makes sense the audience would go a little nuts when they start to play it. I know I would :D

ReloadPsi
01-02-2008, 12:13 AM
AERIS THEME IS AWSOMENESSS!!!

=)

In any form besides the PSone version, yes. As much as I love it that game has some of the worst stringsynth I've ever heard :p My mum laughed the first time she heard Aeris' theme and I won't dare get in the Highwind whenever she's in earshot.

darkchrono
01-02-2008, 01:23 AM
That recording's from an entire FF concert; Aerith's theme is one of the most popular pieces of FF music as far as I can tell, so it makes sense the audience would go a little nuts when they start to play it. I know I would :D

Really, they have those over there in Japan?

I wonder if those concerts and that music is main stream over there where people who simply like to listen to orchestra music listen to those pieces and go to a Final Fantasy concert. Or if the majority of the people who go to those concerts are mainly just the group of people who have played the game.

Mr Cactuar
01-02-2008, 02:01 AM

Really, they have those over there in Japan?

I wonder if those concerts and that music is main stream over there where people who simply like to listen to orchestra music listen to those pieces and go to a Final Fantasy concert. Or if the majority of the people who go to those concerts are mainly just the group of people who have played the game.

Bit of both. I mean jeez, they had Cloud on billboards advertising the phone he uses in Advent Children.

In my opinion the Japanese are just more ready to accept something which is obviously artistic... as being artistic.