PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or......

sillybuttons™
01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Would this title have been a lot better without the Publicity Campaign and the There Goes The Bride side quests? You see I'm one of those who likes to do EVERYTHING in a FF game (as I'm sure a lot of EoFFers are) but these are just taking the proverbial ****. Dont get me wrong there is a place for side quests such as these but to make them so smurfing big and difficult. I could have perhaps got away with one of them, but two??????? I tried to start a new game of X-2 just before Xmas but as soon as i started doing these quests again i just gave up, so for me the replay value has been whisked away from what is otherwise a pretty good game (despite the opinions of some doubters). I know, I can play it through without doing these, but, well I don't want to. Its everything or nothing.

Sorry anyone who likes these side quests but I smurfing well dont. Rant over.:mog:

LunarWeaver
01-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Any sidequest that requires a guide to save you from a headache is bad. In fact, anything that requires a guide or it's annoying is bad news in a game. And X-2 is basically set up for you to use one.

Renmiri
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Big ? Difficult ?

Oh, you missed the tricks then. The bride one is beyond easy: propose to men too. They always seem "not interested" instead of "offended" so you get 1 point for each man you propose. Pretty soon you gather enough to get the git a wife.

The publicity just requires money. Playing the games and losing gets you publicity points. I usually end up chapter 4 with more than enough for top prize :D

BG-57
01-04-2008, 02:06 AM
You can earn so many points for the Publicity Campaign that getting the top level for one company is easy, even if you mess things up. What's hard is to get to the top level for both companies in the same save. It requires a lot of planning and (as Renmiri suggested) losing games to make up the shortfall. It may be simpler to go for one company in one save and then the other in the next New Game+.

I don't feel that either added much to the game. They lack the fun addictive qualities of Gunner's Gauntlet or Sphere Break. Although it is kind of amusing to watch the Bride minigame results.

Markus. D
01-04-2008, 04:18 AM
I loved the FPS Gunner's Gauntlet >_<;