PDA

View Full Version : The cure to Brain Freeze!

Lawr
01-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Most of you should know what brain freeze is but if you don't, brain freeze is when you eat cold foods like Ice-cream quickly, or in a large amount, and then your head hurts.

Being the genius I am, I found out how to stop this phenomenon, all you have to do is to take your thumb and streak it across the roof of your mouth and then your brain won't hurt anymore! :jess:

Does anyone else know any weird things like these?

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Whilst losing at mercy, rather than attempting to overpower your opponent, twisting your wrist back into it's original position it is much easier to relocate the rest of your body to place the hand into a more comfortable position. You look like you might be missing a chromosome but no more so than vigourously rubbing your thumb on the roof of your mouth

Rainecloud
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the information. I hate brain freezes, and I'll try your 'thumb streak across roof of mouth' method in an attempt to cure it next time. :up:

If you're about to sneeze and you don't want to, simply slap yourself across the face extremely hard. It usually stops you from sneezing (for a couple of minutes, anyway).

Sergeant Hartman
01-02-2008, 11:02 PM
When you're jumping off your neighbours' roof after getting your football back, land with your feet together so your knees don't smack you in the jaw :mog:

Zeldy
01-02-2008, 11:53 PM
If you say you'll do something 'in a minute' enough times you won't have to move, as someone will get so pissed off and do it for you :up:

Shlup
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I rub between my index finger and thumb to get rid of brain freeze. Rubbing the roof of my mouth tickles.

mooglebunni608
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
If you don't want to sneeze, pinch your thumb and index finger right under your nose and breath deeply. It works, which is wierd ><

Roto13
01-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I've only ever had it once and my friend told me to press my tongue on the roof of my mouth. I don't know if it made it go away any faster. (I have no window of comparison.)

Kanshisha
01-03-2008, 01:12 AM
for me it's
" eat a slice of chilli before you sneeze

No.78
01-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Ahh the skin on the roof of your moth like tears soo easily, I advise you use your tongue rather than your thumb, or else it'll really sting.

14 sips of liquid without breathing cures hiccups.

crono_logical
01-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Milk/yoghurt/ice cream is better than water if you want to get rid of the hotness from spicy food like chilli peppers :p

Serapy
01-03-2008, 01:45 AM
If my brain started freezing, I just go to bathroom and dive into an empty tub and turn on the hot water and pour em onto my head. Oh wait...

Markus. D
01-03-2008, 02:30 AM
I let it end naturally~ :3

rubah
01-03-2008, 02:36 AM
You can cure a toothache by pulling all your teeth out!

the same thing goes for arthritis in your fingers and toes.

And spine.

Madame Adequate
01-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Milk/yoghurt/ice cream is better than water if you want to get rid of the hotness from spicy food like chilli peppers :p

Damnit, that was mine! >=[

Rye
01-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Bread is supposed to be the best thing to get rid of spiciness. That and milk, but you said that. xD

Iceglow
01-03-2008, 03:17 AM
When you've eaten something too spicy like a curry in a restaurant. Instead of getting beer or water simply grab the sugar pot which is likely to be on the table anyway with either cubes or granulated sugar and eat half a teaspoon or 1 sugar cube to cure it, just try not to do so too often it's bad for you.

Momiji
01-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Well, I thought brain freezes were caused by constant cold to the roof of the mouth? Therefore, stroking the roof of the mouth with the thumb or tongue should cause friction (and in addition, body heat) and remedy the situation, right? WELL, I just happen to have a milkshake sitting on the desk next to me here, and I shall test this theory.

Here goes.

Okay, here comes the brain freeze. (owwww..)

Uh... wow! It really did work! ^^

EDIT: Aww, that was stupid. Now I only have a little bit left! :(

This was all just a scam to get me to down a lot of my milkshake in a few seconds, wasn't it?! I hate you guys now. *sob*

Lawr
01-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Uh... wow! It really did work! ^^

KACHIGA!

Breine
01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
After a night of heavy drinking eat something (bread is probably the best) and have a glass of water before going to bed.. then your hangover won't be that bad the next day :hat: