PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Recommendations

Zora
01-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Okay, first off the games I already own:

Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness for PSP (although not PS2, putting it up here because it completely removes any reason to own Hour of Darkness)

Final Fantasy X (NO WAI!)

Final Fantasy XII (Ya rly)

Tales of the Abyss (Awesome, awesome game)

Kingdom Hearts 1+2 (Don't care about them to be honest)

Jak 2 and Jak 3 (Awesome action games)

Xenosaga 1 (eh, terrible pacing, otherwise good)

Dragon Quest VIII

Dark Cloud 2 (enjoyable)

Metal Gears Solid 3: Snake Eater (the oddball of my collection)

Okay, so that aside. Now there are a few things to consider. I will be renting games from gamefly (so no due dates). Nothing big, but if the title is VERY obscure, it won't be on there. But very rarely that will happen. Second, I cannot play any games will frontal nudity. That means no God of War (since it does have frontal nudity for two sidequests IIRC). Oh, and I like RPGs and do not care much for stealth shooters (or shooters in general). Anyways, here are the games I plan on renting for the PS2:

Persona 3
Radiata Stories
Shadow of the Colossus
Ratchet and Clank (and sequels)
Valkyrie Profile 2
ICO
Odin Sphere
Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenent
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Xenosaga 2
Xenosaga 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Atelier Aris 1-3
Disgaea 2

I also tried Okami, but didn't like it for whatever reason. May try it agian when the Wii version comes out.

So, aside from those games, are there any PS2 gamse you would recommend?

My PS2 went ignored for the most part since I got it very late, and even then played very few games on it. It isn't until recently I started to pay attention to it :D

Roto13
01-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Naaaaaa nanananana na na naKATAMARI DAMACYYYYYY

God Hand

Those are the only two games that come to mind that you don't already have listed. :P Well, there's Metal Gear Solid 2.

LunarWeaver
01-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Must reply before somebody says God of War!

You could try Devil May Cry 3 if you're into action games. Besides showing off Dante's tits, there's no nudity in it...I think.

Silent Hill 2 and 3? :3

Vermachtnis
01-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Tales of Legendia is really good too. It gets bashed for not having voice acting in the second part and long battles, but it has one of the best casts of characters. Except for Shirley, she can go off and die or something.

Ashley Schovitz
01-03-2008, 02:36 AM
I see no GTA in your collection and that's very bad get the GTA trilogy pack for 29.99 just $10 a game, OMG! Tekken 5 is pretty good as are SSX tricky and Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits too.

Shoeberto
01-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Katamari Damacy is a good suggestion.

The Jak series is fantastic, and if you liked them you may like the Ratchet and Clank series. They're somewhat similar.

Markus. D
01-03-2008, 02:42 AM
We <3 Katamari.

GTA San Andreas if you like the whole sandbox game type games...

Devil May Cry 3 if you wan't a challenge. A Worth it one <3

Roto13
01-03-2008, 03:46 AM
Tales of Legendia is really good too. It gets bashed for not having voice acting in the second part and long battles, but it has one of the best casts of characters. Except for Shirley, she can go off and die or something.

No and no. It takes all of the advancements made by Tales of Symphonia and throws them away. I don't even see how Legendia can be considered PLAYABLE after playing Abyss.

Namelessfengir
01-03-2008, 03:50 AM
i have odin sphere and it really hasn't grown on me. is for what id recommend
genji dawn of the samurai is great
i have onimusha and onimusha 2 really like those
gta is a keeper
as is soulcaliber 2 and 3
starwars battle front 2 plays real well
i myself like the splintercell series

Ramza Beoulve
01-03-2008, 08:05 AM
You have mentioned Shadow of the Colossus, so I'm satisfied. But you could try Castlevania's games, or Onimusha, specially the Third one. Drakengard 1 and 2, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X... Those are the only ones that come to my mind in this moment.

Mr Cactuar
01-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are both beautiful games. I hear good things about Dark Cloud, Shadow Hearts (has a sort of gothic them I hear, like real gothic) and Atelier Aris. If you were to get GTA, you'd only need one of them, I hear good things about Dual Hearts, very mixed things about Magna Carta and very good things about Suikoden.

Nifleheim7
01-03-2008, 12:30 PM
-Silent Hill 2-3
-Atelier Iris series(i have only played the 2nd one,but i think you should check them out)
-Onimusha series
-Dark Chronicles
-Suikoden V
-Resident Evil 4&Code Veronica
-Devil May Cry 1&3
-Tomb Raider Legend & Anniversary

If you like racing games get Gran Turismo 4
If you like fighting games get Tekken 5

demondude
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Suikoden V and shadow of the colossus.

Dreddz
01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
If you enjoyed Jak 2 and 3 then why not get the first game in the series. Its easily the best.

And screw renting Ico, buy the damn game!

Hazzard
01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Make sure you get GTA: San Andreas. It's a must have collectable's item.

MistaCloudStrife
01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Grandia II and III... and maybe Star Ocean Til The End of Time.

leader of mortals
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
GUITAR HERO!!!!!!!!!!

and 2 and 3

Vivisteiner
01-05-2008, 09:30 PM
God of War is awesome.

I heard that POP: The two thrones is good as well.

tidus_rox
01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes, Katamari Damacy is amazing. Also, Odin Sphere is awesome!!! Yous hould try it out.

Serapy
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Fur Fighters, those cute little babies :)

Madame Adequate
01-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO

Both impossibly important. I would heartily recommend buying rather than merely renting.

Nifleheim7
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
And screw renting Ico, buy the damn game!

Shadow of the Colossus
ICO

Both impossibly important. I would heartily recommend buying rather than merely renting.

QFT!

Zeus
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
-ONIMUSHA 1 (haven't played 2 and 3 yet)
-Devil May Cry 1 and 3
-God of War (play that motha) best ps2 game of whenever it came out
-Metal Gear Solid 2 (i mean you did play 3) =/
-Idk if it was mentioned but Dragon Quest 8
Thats all i got. Same you can't play God of War 1 and 2. Great games.

Slothy
01-06-2008, 07:19 AM
People have said it already, but buy Ico and Shadow of the Colossus; don't rent them. Also, add Grimgrimoire to your list. Instant classic in my opinion, but one probably destined for obscurity.

Breine
01-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO

I've seriously thought about buying both so many times. I've seen Shadow of the Colossus in several stores for 200kr (around 35 US dollars), and I can probably get Ico for the same amount of money.. if maybe not cheaper.

Anyway, back on topic - here are some games worth playing:

- Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
- Dark Chronicle
- Tekken 5
- Soul Calibur 2 & 3
- SSX3
- Tomb Raider Legend
- Tomb Raider Anniversary
- Prince of Persia series (you can get a box with all three in it).

Aerith's Knight
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
prince of persia gets too hard after a while.. and i dont mean the puzzles.. but the fights