PDA

View Full Version : Do you just randomly eat bits of food you find on the desk?

mooglebunni608
01-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Yes, I do! ><

My desk is covered in candy, candy wrappers, bits of potato chips, bits of wierd asian cracker-cookies that taste like puffed rice cereal, packages of soap, packages of floss, snowglobes, books, hair products, receipts, rubber bands, folding fans, nail polish, cell phone manuals, markers, christmas cards, used napkins, and many many other things.
I'm such a pack rat ><

What is on your workspace/computer desk/bed? Are you a pack rat like me?

Shlup
01-03-2008, 05:44 AM
On my desk is my computer and it's components, a stapler, a three-hole punch, my Hello Kitty emergency lantern, my Hello Kitty electric pencil sharpener, and the dishes from the dinner I just finished eating. That's it.

Though right now I'm gonna go get some candy.

Calliope
01-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Amanda, what the hell is a Hello Kitty Emergency?

mooglecandypusher, that's disgusting. Desks are for working. Kitchens are for eating.

There are cookie crumbs on my floor :(

mooglebunni608
01-03-2008, 06:34 AM

mooglecandypusher, that's disgusting. Desks are for working. Kitchens are for eating.

There are cookie crumbs on my floor :(

Actually my desk is quite clean, except for all the clutter. So eating the cookies strewn about near my keyboard isn't so gross as you'd think. *offers a candy bar*

Shlup
01-03-2008, 06:52 AM
When there is no Hello Kitty within four feet of me, it's an emergency.

qwertysaur
01-03-2008, 06:57 AM
I don't have a desk, I just use my bed for my laptop, and leave in a drawer when I'm not using it. But right now I'm eating a cupcake.

Disco Potato
01-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Oh boy...

Excluding computer stuff, right now I have ear plugs, some textbooks, a Happy Bunny notecard thing, a glass 7Up bottle with a fake rose in it, a small box with something (too lazy to see what it is) in it, a pack of gum, a ton of disks (games, file backups, and maybe more), a booklight, a shot glass from Knott's Scary Farm (unused!), two pencil holders, my pokemon trading cards, some coins I want to add to my collection, a post-it notepad, school papers, instructions for reformatting my computer, and a marble on my desk. And this is after cleaning it this morning :p

Calliope
01-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Amanda, I think Spuuky Wuuky Zaffity Zaf would agree with you on that point. Unfortunately.

I would take up the offer of delicious candy, but I just made potato things! Mmm, oven-fresh, starchy goodness.

Lawr
01-03-2008, 07:12 AM
I was eating some Chimichangas by the computer a while ago.

Yamaneko
01-03-2008, 07:35 AM
I keep my desk immaculate. I don't eat in my room and I try to vacuum and dust once a week.

Calliope
01-03-2008, 07:39 AM
As you should, Stalineko.

Ooh, remind me to hide bits of food all around my workplace before I leave.

Madame Adequate
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I do.

Tavrobel
01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Only if I recognize it.

escobert
01-03-2008, 04:06 PM
My desk is covered with lots of nonsense

KentaRawr!
01-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I have a plate of breakfast on my computer desk right now, and I'm eating the food on it. Does that count?

Sergeant Hartman
01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
My piano, and it doesn't taste very nice :/

Zeldy
01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I have all sorts of crap on my desk, I always try to keep it empty but I end up using it as like, another surface for my junk; putting nail polish remover on it and nail polishes, my alarm clock, a hello kitty keyring thing which is huge! and some little heart thing my friend made for me.

Aaah you should see my monitor :heart: it's covered in stickers, it has little teddies sitting on top and is covered with photo booth photos.

Iceglow
01-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't have a computer desk or work station so no. However I do eat whilst on the computer generally I'll have something classed as pickies or snacks nearby and a drink or two.

Shoeberto
01-03-2008, 07:19 PM
I tend to do that with nerds and occasionally swedish fish if they've just fallen on my desk or chair.

Rye
01-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I have a laptop, so I just use it on my bed, but I have stuff all over the place, especially in my pocketbook. I have so many things in there that it's kind of frightening. It's what I get for buying enormous bags.

Momiji
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Eww, that's disgusting! If random bits of food are laying around, I throw them away.

snacks
01-04-2008, 05:10 AM
Yeah eating anything off my desk would be disgusting, seriously.

I mean can you imagine the germs and crap that collects?

I....I'm appalled and yet, curious.

Jowy
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't eat stuff off of my desk, but the other day while in the middle of playing WoW I had to pop off my "6" key and clean BBQ sauce off of it.

Breine
01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't have a desk.. I have a laptop :) I guess my couch is my "desk" then...?

~*~Celes~*~
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I have a box of tissues, a plastic cup, Eragon for DS, my coffee mug, a toothpic, a silver PS2 controller, my speakers, monitor, lamp, webcam, mouse, keyboard, wireless internet thingie, my mouse's wireless connection thingie, my mic, a disc for the computer, and a couple of unused tissues.

mooglebunni608
01-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Yeah eating anything off my desk would be disgusting, seriously.

I mean can you imagine the germs and crap that collects?

I....I'm appalled and yet, curious.

Well, the bits of food probably just fall out of my snack bowl the same day, and if it's on a non-floor surface I'm not picky at all. Usually I'm such a germaphobe, but not when it comes to my desk <3

Rianoa
02-23-2008, 07:43 PM
no only if its in a wrapper or somthing if there's a pen or sumtink plastic il chew it

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I like it when I find Skittles in my pocket. :bigsmile:

rubah
02-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Not really. If i drop something I don't care about eating it, but if I forget it's there and find it months later, I'd feel weird about eating it, even if itw as hard candy or whatever.

Goldenboko
02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Ew. No.

Værn
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I try to keep my desk nice and clear. It tends to not work.

Leen-Leen
02-23-2008, 10:33 PM
I have a lamp (with a burned-out lightbulb) a basket full of pens, a Christmas stocking (I have no idea how long that's been there ...) a stapler, my camera, notebooks, my iPod on my desk right now. :D

Sarc the Swordsman
02-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Ew. I wouldn't go so far as to eat random leftover bits of food that I leave on my desk. >_> It's a mess, but it'd just be unhygenic to do that!

Montoya
02-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Bottle, almonds, old Valentine chocolate's, eye drops, a glass, an Ozzy Osbourne CD, my watch, some burned CD's, my iPod, a letter from my mom, the Devil may Cry 5th Anniversary Collection, a plate. That's about it.

Ashi
02-27-2008, 08:02 AM
No, I never really leave snacks or candy on the desk. Although at my old living quarters I occasionally had dinner while using my PC but I never actually left food containers at the desk.

My desk at my current (temporary) place has no space for other stuff so I end up putting my tea mug or instant noodles (my main meal these days) on top of my scanner if I have to put them down.

My desk at work... isn't really my desk. I think someone else used it by they are on leave (or gone) and I just set up my laptop on it. Most of the stuff on it isn't mine and that includes post-it notes, cd cases, stationery, other documents. I would not want to eat something that I found on this desk even if it was still in its pack. The things that are mine, though, are scattered all over the place. That includes my laptop cables, laptop sleeve, an open book (Modern System Analysis and Design), project proposal forms, a notebook and pen... bottles of water (my work fuel).

Jess
02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
No. If I bring food to my desk then I eat it and then get rid of the wrapper/container/plate/bowl.

On my desk there is my laptop, my tv, playstation 2, my mobile phone, a drink and a pen. Everything else is in drawers. :jess:

Roogle
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
No. I am currently in the process of moving to a larger apartment. I will make sure that my desk is kept extremely clean and organized.

My current desk is unkept. It is not meant to hold a computer, so it is understandable that it is cluttered, as it has a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and printer on it and it was meant for writing.

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
i put my lunch on my desk in the morning.. and eat it in the afternoon..

does that count?

JeonRina14
02-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Ummm no...? o.O lol I baerly touch food if it falls on the kitchen counter lol >.< I have issues with germs =/

Peegee
02-27-2008, 04:31 PM
wtf

I'm not 7 years old any more. I don't eat food I find laying around.