PDA

View Full Version : Rock Musical Bleach

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
For fans of Kubo Tite's rather popular manga and anime series Bleach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach_%28manga%29), there exists another, rather well-done retelling of the Soul Society arc.

Rock Musical Bleach is the name of the first Bleach musical. It had some interesting lighting effects, a decent cast, and some good wigs.

It's popularity rose. Rock Musical Bleach was redone as Bleach Saien. This added a new member to the cast, and the costumes, acting and choreography all improved greatly.

Sequels were made. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon continued the saga, adding several new members to the cast. The sets, costumes, acting and effects improved dramatically.

After Dark of the Bleeding Moon came Live Bankai Show, a silly, fun musical that introduced a new member and a few new songs.

Finally, there came No Clouds in the Blue Heaven, the last rock musical. It had some pretty impressive effects (although the songs were generally more lackluster than Saien or Dark of the Bleeding Moon, the latter of which is my personal favorite).

And now, thanks to a helpful youtuber, they have all been posted and subbed. (http://youtube.com/profile?user=andromeda881)

Now, as a fan of Bleach, I love these things to pieces. As a fan of theater, I can really appreciate the costumes, choreography, acting, and general high quality of the productions. I honestly encourage everyone who enjoys Bleach and enjoys a good (if not occasionally silly) show to check this out. I can't be the only one fanboying over these.

Also, more Rock Musicals are on their way, the next one should be in March (Wikipedia lists a title of "The All") which should start the Arrancar arc. There also appears to be a Live Bankai Show Code 002 in production. I know I, for one, cannot wait.

JKTrix
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
I started to watch the first one when it popped up some time ago, but I really really really don't like watching stuff seriously on YouTube. Great to see someone's made some subs available. I'll likely check it out if I can find a less YouTube-y version, even though I recently gave up on Bleach.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
EH?!

I must watch this when I get home and have access to Youtube!