PDA

View Full Version : When You Wish Upon...

Rase
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
What are some games that aren't announced but you would buy if they came out? Probability/possibility of them coming out doesn't matter. I've been in a Pokemon-y mood as of late, so I'll start us off with two off-shoots from that series.

Pokemon TCG DS: DS card games just seem to make sense to me. I absolutely loved the Game Boy Color game of this that came out in like '99, despite it obvious flaws (like how most opponents decks are fairly easy to find a way to just destroy, and they never change theirs up). I'd love to see a revamped version of this game. Throw in some new cards (I haven't played/collected any of the cards since the Jungle series, so I don't have a preference about how many new cards they include), make it so the battles can be a little more varied, and enable DS WiFi battles, and I would totally buy this game.

Pokemon Snap Wii: I just finished playing the original again on the Virtual Console, and despite how short it is I still had a blast. I would love to see this game updated for the Wii. The Wii-mote seems perfect for controlling the camera, and with the Nunchuck you could easily fit in the food and Pester Balls, plus a new surprise or two. Having many more areas and more Pokemon would be easy to fit into the game now that Nintendo is using CD's, and I'd love to see even more tough-to-snap Pokemon that you need to Pester into lava pools or out of whirlpools.

Roto13
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
DVDs. :P

The lack of an ending to the Viewtiful Joe trilogy is infuriating.

demondude
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Super smash mothers melee.

Larahl
01-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Another Galerians game.

Creeping Shadow
01-03-2008, 09:34 PM
a fire emblem collection game with FE1-FE6 yeah that would be cool...

f f freak
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I want another Valkyrie Profile game. Sure Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria only came out a little while ago but I want Valkyrie Profile: Hrist!! Hrist is awesome.

Big D
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Things I'd like to see...

A proper Tolkien RPG. Like EA's The Third Age, only with the proper amount of plot, exploration and depth.

A decent Star Trek game as a Final Fantasy-style RPG.

A fighting game with realistic, historically-based European armed combat. Tekken uses motion-capture of actual martial artists doing their thing, so if they could apply that to fighting with actual weapons, then that'd be a good start. There'd need to be a lot of work to put all the strategy and timing of actual swordplay into a video game, but it'd be great to see it happen someday.

Shoeberto
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
A new Eternal Darkness. That game was amaaaaaaazing.

I know it's just a matter of time, but a Retro original franchise game. They did such amazing things with Metroid. I'd love to see what they could do with their own universe.

DK
01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Chrono Break. :(

XxSephirothxX
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
A Halo-based MMOFPS.

KoShiatar
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
A good RPG with dragons and Dragon Knights for a new-gen console.
A Neverwinter Nights-style game where the protagonist is a half-drow (lol).

LunarWeaver
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Hellz yeah :(

Laddy
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound.

Momiji
01-04-2008, 12:36 AM
A Halo-based MMOFPS.

WIN.

Oh, and a Pokemon TCG for the Nintendo DS (mentioned by Rase) would be awesome as well.

XxSephirothxX
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Also: more Panzer Dragoon.

Old Manus
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Duke Nukem Forever

Madame Adequate
01-04-2008, 01:02 AM

Yes. :(

A Halo-based MMOFPS.

Win and moar win.

Also: more Panzer Dragoon.

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 imo.

As for me - Breath of Fire VI, Suikoden VI, and Skies of Arcadia 2.

Roto13
01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I'd rather see Breath of Fire V before VI. :P Dragon Quarter doesn't count.

Madame Adequate
01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
I'd rather see Breath of Fire V before VI. :P Dragon Quarter doesn't count.

Shush, you :p Hardcore Gaming 101: Breath of Fire (http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/bof/bof5.htm). Examine the Japanese cover.

Roto13
01-04-2008, 01:33 AM
There is no Japanese cover. BoF V doesn't exist. It's like FF II or Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. They skipped one.

KentaRawr!
01-04-2008, 03:15 AM
They didn't skip one, they gave one a non-numerical title like idiots. n.n And Prince of Persia isn't a good example, because the 3 games take place right after the other. First is 1, then Warrior Within, then 3, chronologically, but you may as well skip WW, 'cause it sucks. >_>

Anyway, a game I wish for is Toy Commander 2. It would be awesome.

Edit: Also, the JP cover is in the middle, at the top of the screen.

Big D
01-04-2008, 04:09 AM
They didn't skip one, they gave one a non-numerical title like idiots. n.n And Prince of Persia isn't a good example, because the 3 games take place right after the other. First is 1, then Warrior Within, then 3, chronologically, but you may as well skip WW, 'cause it sucks. >_>

Edit: Also, the JP cover is in the middle, at the top of the screen.He knows it's there, he's just using the power of denial to pretend it isn't there:p

KentaRawr!
01-04-2008, 04:27 AM

Edit: Also, the JP cover is in the middle, at the top of the screen.He knows it's there, he's just using the power of denial to pretend it isn't there:p

Hm? What are you talking about?

The above wasn't serious.

Markus. D
01-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Drakengard 3

An MMO based around the gameplay Mechanics of DMC3. omfg that would be so hawt <3

Gauntlet, something. <3

Karellen
01-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Arcanum 2.

Vermachtnis
01-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Megaman Legends 3 or Misadventures of Tronne Bonn 2

Crystalis 2

Rainecloud
01-04-2008, 07:13 AM
A Lord of the Rings game based on the Twilight Princess engine.

That would be pant-wettingly awesome.

MistaCloudStrife
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Stuff that is out in Japan but not in the US:
-Suikoden/Suikoden II for PSP
-Star Ocean/Star Ocean The Second Story for PSP
-Tales of Destiny for PSP
-Tales of Destiny 2(Not Eternia, the real ToD2) for PSP
-Initial D Street Stage for PSP

All ports... but all lovable ports. =P

And as for my real wishlist:
-Mother and Mother II port or remake for any system
-A new Lunar game that doesn't suck(I'm talking to you Dragon Song)
-Advent Children RPG short adaptation of the movie.(Just for checking out exactly how the towns, Midgar and such look like)
-Bleach MMORPG... (Reiatsu and Physical stats, build your own Shinigami or Human, create your own reiatsu based weapon for humans or choose a different style of zanpakutou if you're a Shinigami, etc... seems messy, but doable)

And if TV Shows count... a second season of Firefly.

Karellen
01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Mother I and II have already been ported to the GBA. We just never got it.

Hambone
01-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Final Fantasy VII remake *hides*