PDA

View Full Version : Ballooooooooona

rubah
01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
There's probably about four half deflated balloons populating my house atm. My nephews are very fond of blowing them up. Lots of them. I understand the attraction.

Balloons are pretty cool because they weigh so much less than they should for their size. You can play balloon games such as 'don't let it touch the floor(lava)! or 'make it stick on the ceiling(static electricity)'.

Or you can threaten the adult women of your life by acting like you're going to pop them. Do the adult women of your lives hate the POP! of balloons dying?

A clown and balloon animal artist once told me that the best way to keep balloons alive longer was to keep them in the cool dark of basements. I suppose this makes sense because the Gas Laws say that pressure and volume increase with temperature, and if pressure and volume increase, than more particles become more desperate to escape through the tiny hole in their rubbery confines, regardless of how tight you tied it.

I must have tied the blue balloon really well because it's twice as large (roughly( as the yellow balloon at this time. They've both been alive for about two weeks now.

BardTard
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I used to be deathly afraid of balloons popping but it doesn't bother me anymore. Same with fireworks. I quite enjoy fireworks now :D

Marshall Banana
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Will there be a balloon party at EoFF? I love balloons. =O

Rye
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I love rainbow balloons. :3

Zeldy
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm so good at keeping balloons off the floor B)

Kanshisha
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
same! it's good for soccer practice i say.. timing ^^!

Aerith's Knight
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
here you can have warming by radiation and natural convection. by keeping it out of the sun you take away the radiation part and by keeping it somewhere where the air is the same outside as inside the balloon there is no natural convection.. so yeah.. the smartest thing is a cool place out of the sun.

just think PV = nRT (Pressure/Volume/Temperature)

Larahl
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
My parrot is very scared of balloons, so I don't like them in the house because I don't like it that he's being scared.
'Cause when he's scared he knocks his head like a psycho.

Vikeve
01-04-2008, 01:10 AM
This year when a friend of mine had a party and had balloons to go with it we ended up either drawing faces of it of our friends or sucking up the helium to give us high pitched voices and since my laugh is already high pitched (they say I laugh like a dolphin:jess:) everyone thought it was very funny when I started laughing with my high pitched voice.

Big D
01-04-2008, 01:56 AM
There's an old, but neat trick with balloons: stick a tiny piece of clear sellotape on a balloon, then find someone sensitive and jumpy and tell them you're going to pop the balloon. Brandish a pin, and with a mighty flourish jab it into the balloon - but jab it through the piece of sellotape. The balloon won't burst; you can even pull the pin out and it won't lose pressure very fast.

Great trick for getting a rise out of people who probably deserve better:D

rubah
01-04-2008, 02:12 AM
because the tape makes the balloon hold its shape and stay relatively rigid! Oh man I love understanding tricks :D

Renmiri
01-04-2008, 02:26 AM
My dog is a balloon addict. Eats them all :(

NeoTifa
01-04-2008, 07:48 AM
i think ak and kentarou ruined balloons for me ((sry bout eizon reference :p))

i had no balloons at my bday party and im mad!!!! ):< i had no male strippers, no voting or politics involved, jeebus! the least i coulda had was a balloon and a cake, mais non! parce que ma me`re ne m'aime pas!!!!! grrrrr ill return the favor!!!! (that accents supposed to be over the e :p im too lazy to get teh char from my char map)

Calliope
01-04-2008, 07:51 AM
There's an old, but neat trick with balloons: stick a tiny piece of clear sellotape on a balloon, then find someone sensitive and jumpy and tell them you're going to pop the balloon. Brandish a pin, and with a mighty flourish jab it into the balloon - but jab it through the piece of sellotape. The balloon won't burst; you can even pull the pin out and it won't lose pressure very fast.

Great trick for getting a rise out of people who probably deserve better:D

DAMN YOU TRICK-STEALER!

Okay, what about the one where you rip up a whole BUNCH of papers and spread them all over the floor and then you rub the balloon on your friend generating AWESOME STATIC ELECTRICITY and then you magically pick up all the papers with the balloon and then you pop it anyway and RUN AWAY LAUGHING?

Rainecloud
01-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Despite my love for practical jokes, I'm not a fan of balloons at all. I'm not scared of them (like that poor woman on Maury), but I don't feel particularly comfortable when I'm around them.

:/

rubah
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I mostly just made my balloons stick to teh ceiling like they had helium.

I hope no one sends you a room ful of nasty balloons, huge nasty balloons that make you freak out then, rainecloud.

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I used to have a huge phobia of helium balloons. I still won't touch one that's deflated/deflating if I can help it. I got these balloons for my birthday and they stayed in the corner of my room until like...sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving.