PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat

James Leopold
01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
At the moment I'm struggling to beat Tiamat in Memoria. I have Zidane lvl 60, Dagger lvl 54, Steiner lvl 53 and Amarant lvl 54.

I would just like to know what you believe the recommended level should be at this point. Then I'll know if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm in need of more levelling up.

No spoilers please. Thanks.

SeeDRankLou
01-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Level has nothing to do with it, it's all about strategy. The battle can be won with a few simple yet effective things you can do.

1. Tiamat is weak against Ice. So, give the attackers their strongest weapons, but give everyone any equipment that has "Raise Ice Elem Atk" (or something to that effect), and use Shiva with Dagger. You can put Vivi in your party, give him Auto-Reflect and Relfectx2, and have him bounce Blizzaga off of himself for a strong attack.
2. With your attackers, activate things like Accuracy+ and MP Attack. The only killer ability that will work here is Dragon Killer. If you want to put Freya in your party, she is the only one that can make use of Dragon Killer, which will help.
3. And the most important, Tiamat can be put to sleep. If you can keep Tiamat asleep, it will seal your victory. With your current party you can do that following:

Zidane (with Ultima Weapon) use Soul Blade
Dagger use Shiva
Enter Steiner and Amarant's attack, and Zidane's Soul Blade again before the animation is over

Wash, rinse and repeat. That technique will keep Tiamat asleep and give you an easy victory. You can also put Quina in your party, give everyone Insomniac, and use his/her Night ability to the same effect.

I beat Tiamat with a level 22 Zidane, level 25 Freya, and level 1 Steiner and Quina, so your party should be fine.

Aerith's Knight
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
lol level 1?.. thats a bit over the top isnt it? :).. and how did you even manage that?

i overlevelled my characters.. Zidana being lvl 70, Vivi 68, etc a little lower

i didnt really have any problem

Vivisteiner
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
^Don't you know that SRL is amazing at this game?

Anyway, Tiamat uses wind attacks like Twister, so equipping an octagon rod for vivi and other wind reducing/absorbing gear is extremely useful.

I was about level 45 when I fought him.

cloud21zidane16
01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
SeeDRankLou has given you the info you need, just thought id say about you can easily get through this game without levelling, its all about strategy;)

Shotgunnova
01-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Quite frankly, you should be able to beat most anything an average party level of ~60, and Tiamat isn't as hard as he's made out to be. Jet Fire carries a Heat status attachment, so equip everyone with Body Temp to negate the effect -- that's really its main skill. The ____ Absorb abilities are turn-wasters as far as the boss is concerned, and if you have any Shock/Frog Drop/Dragon's Crest abilities powered-up, it's as good as dead. 'Sides that, watch out for the Yannish 'Snort' ability which ejects a character from battle immediately. May not even use it, but it's still inconveniencing.

James Leopold
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Sorry for not replying guys.

Cheers for the advice, Tiamat's reign of terror is over.

Drummakid_22
02-23-2008, 08:18 AM
I just wanted to say the only complaint I have about Tiatmat is when I needed to eat him to learn his Twister move....I didn't bother with some of Quina's abilities until I was near the end of the game then realized after defeating Tiamat in Disc 4 that I needed him for the Twister AB....then I had to find him in Crystal World which was a pain in the ass because it's random as to what Guardian battle happens :-P