PDA

View Full Version : I dropped the screw in the tuna

Vermachtnis
01-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Let's talk about your biggest cooking mishap!

I'm not a cook at all, but my mom keeps thinking I should learn and put me in charge of making Baked Chicken. Simple enough, cover the chicken in flour and heat until it's done. First of all I got flour everywhere and because of that, when I put the pot on the eye it cought of fire when it heated up too much. It was pretty awesome, but scared the crap outta me when it happened. I dun think my mom is gonna try to teach me too cook again anytime soon.

Rengori
01-04-2008, 06:28 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/106538-does-anyone-know-any-way-clean.html

EDIT: Also,
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/blueberrypancakes-1.jpg

qwertysaur
01-04-2008, 06:29 AM
I set a bowl of cereal on fire when I was nine.

I was heating up a bowl of oatmeal in the microwave, and there was metal on the bowl for decoration, and before I knew it, the oatmeal was on fire. I was pretty scared of the microwave for a while after that.

Other than that, I am an very good cook.

NaroK
01-04-2008, 06:55 AM
not long ago actually i wanted to reheat some chips i got from the chicken shop. Foil + microwave = fire.

Toast too, how do i know when my toast is done? when the smoke alarm goes off :mad:

And on the stove i always seem to get the teatowel caught on fire i was only making noodles. HOW AND WHY!?!?!

i know i'm horrible haha! :D

rubah
01-04-2008, 06:57 AM
I rarely cook, ergo I have no cooking mishaps.

Rainecloud
01-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't have any major mishaps when cooking. Scrambled eggs and omelettes do seem to be a problem for me, however. No matter how closely I follow the recipe, it always seems to go wrong, and we all end up with a big gooey mess for dinner.

:(

NeoTifa
01-04-2008, 07:39 AM
i am a damn good cook! the most dangerous thing for me? ummmm.... i sometimes go to making spagetti, then coming to the forums while its cooking. ..... then i forget about it because im posting. i go back in there and the noodles are dry and black and smoking. lol. happed three times..... in a week .... in november lol

Shoeberto
01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm not terribly adventurous when it comes to cooking (yet, anyway) so I haven't had many mishaps.

The worst one I've had in recent memory was when I tried to prepare a chicken breast on the George Foreman grill, and due to its awkward size it didn't cook evenly, leaving me with a chick sandwich that had a lot of cold bloodiness to it. Yuck.

Larahl
01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I got a whole bag of popcorn on fire.

Calliope
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Simply forgetting that I'm cooking anything at all, and then remembering once my food is ruined >_<;;;

DarkLadyNyara
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Recently I got hot oil in the corner of one eye while making quesadillas. Really, really not fun. :(

Other than that, I tend to get Can't-remember-where-I-put-that-utensil mishaps, Picking-up-hot-pieces-of-metal mishaps, and Metal-in-microwave mishaps. (gold-trimmed plate. :rolleyes2 )

Jowy
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I got a whole bag of popcorn on fire.

Same here. Kitchen was full of smoke and all.

Tallulah
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Tried to dry-fry Quorn sausages. WTF was I thinking?! :confused:

Zeldy
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I was making some oats breakfast thing, but forgot to pour milk in with them and put it in the mike and it started cooking, and oh my god, the oats went black and the house stunk xD

I once put a bowl in the mike but forgot to take the fork out. It scratched all the sides!

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I can't cook to save my life :cry:

I tried baking cookies once...I put all of the ingredients in the bowl before I realized we were missing one, so we had to leave the bowl and go to the gas station to get it xD

...also when I went to Sunday School (which I think I did like...eight times in my life...) we all made cookies without looking at the recipie, and one girl put in like...two cups of salt. My job was to test them. They were very salty.

Tavrobel
01-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Sup Kenan and Kel? Or is it All That?

I stuck something that said it was microwaveable in the microwave, and it started sparking all over the place. Not cool.

oddler
01-04-2008, 03:41 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/Rengori/blueberrypancakes-1.jpg

Mangled kitten tastes better than it looks.

Rengori
01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Mangled kitten tastes better than it looks.

No, it tasted pretty bad too.

Big D
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Occasionally I've tried to make omelettes with too much milk. They always stay too runny on top, so they've got to be cooked for a lot longer, and the bottom ends up burned.
That's not really a major mishap, though, and it never happens these days anyway.

Once I was draining a bowl of fettuccine, and lost my grip. It all went into the sink. Thankfully there was nothing else in the sink, and it was fairly clean, so I was able to salvage most of my dinner.

Iceglow
01-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Forgetting I was cooking Pizza in the oven to open the door to a black thing that resembles a frisbee more than pizza on several occasions, worst kitchen cooking mishap? Accidentally pouring wine in to a bolognase sauce and getting people drunk.

Momiji
01-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Sup Kenan and Kel? Or is it All That?

I stuck something that said it was microwaveable in the microwave, and it started sparking all over the place. Not cool.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who caught that joke. It was on Kenan and Kel, by the way.

Anyway, I don't screw up very often when I cook, as most of the things I make are pretty easy to cook (ramen and yakisoba and such).

Also Rengori, if those pancakes would suddenly come to life, I think it would scream "KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAGH KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!".

Woodinator
01-05-2008, 05:03 AM
hehe i like the kenan and kel reference :P

basically anything that doesnt involve putting it into the microwave is a cooking mishap for me...and i sometimes mess that up, i melted a plate once when i was trying to make a hot pocket ^^;

stevom8311
01-05-2008, 05:33 AM
hehe i like the kenan and kel reference :P

basically anything that doesnt involve putting it into the microwave is a cooking mishap for me...and i sometimes mess that up, i melted a plate once when i was trying to make a hot pocket ^^;

OH MY GOD THAT SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Lynx
01-05-2008, 06:11 AM
i loved kenan and kel.

everytime i cook anything that cant go in the microwave its a big disaster.