PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Rage *Bare Knuckle*

Rainecloud
01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Ever played any of the Streets of Rage games on the Genesis/Megadrive? I have very fond memories of smacking enemies to bits in Streets of Rage 1 and 2, particularly on the levels containing train tracks and big holes.

I can sum these games up in one word: fun.

Your thoughts/opinions, please.

Madame Adequate
01-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Streets of Rage is a classic game which I spent both too long and not long enough playing in my younger days.

LunarWeaver
01-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I loved Streets of Rage :jess:. I always picked female characters in games no matter what when I was little, so Blaze and I are good friends. One of my cousins and I used to go through 2 talking for our characters, making up a whole plot with all this dialogue. We'd play it over and over doing that. We were such little freaks xD

Spatvark
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
The Streets of Rage games are only the greatest beat-em-up's ever. My personal favourite is Streets of Rage 2, which while upping the move count from the first game, didn't make it too complicated either, and was just really really fun to play. And it has that brutal elevator ride in Stage 7 (echoes of the one from the first game which was a hell of a lot easier, especially since you could throw guys off the side). Max is my favourite character, since the game's a little bit too easy while using Axel, though his Rising Upper is the best move in the game. I like SoR3's dash attack upgrades, but they're a pain in the arse to get with the amped up difficulty present in the Western version of the game.

It really amazes me that Streets of Rage is a series Sega has never revisited, since they were some of the best games they produced in the Genesis/Megadrive era; hell, some of the best ever.

Markus. D
01-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Pi Story (MMORPG...) Looks like it stems from this kind of gameplay :]

Roto13
01-05-2008, 03:37 AM
The Streets of Rage games were on the Japanese version of Sonic Gems Collection, if I recall correctly. They were removed for the American release to keep the rating down to an E.

Bolivar
01-05-2008, 07:07 AM
It was a great series. I recently played it on Wii's virtual console, i'll probably get back into it with the roms. Definately one of my top favorites from the sega-channel era.

It makes me think about how SEGA really should go back to the titles it did best. I don't understand why they just make a new SRPG shining force instead of the recent spinoffs... at least re-release SFIII.

Roto13
01-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh snaps. I was looking through my games and I remembered I had this. (http://streets-of-rage-remake.en.softonic.com/)