PDA

View Full Version : All and Diff Rules

daza110
01-04-2008, 11:47 PM
What towns can i learn these from as i only have the trade "One" option and its taking so long to get cards. Please tell me if anyone knows what towns to adapt these rules from.
Thanks Daza110

Xurts
01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
I think all the regions will use the same trade rule. You have to change it yourself and spread a different rule by playing with the Queen of Cards. Play with her until she uses a rule that you like, then play someone else in that town and see if they use it. If they do, then it's spreading. If not, play the queen and try again. After awhile people will stop using a certain rule like All, and instead they'll play something else. This has never happened to me, but I've heard that the rules will sometimes degrade. I use Diff, btw. I got it to spread early on in the game, and it never degraded anywhere during my playthrough.

ReloadPsi
01-05-2008, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't recommend it, it clogs your collection up with stuff you can't refine into items (because you haven't got enough of the card) and makes the Random rule a real bugger later on.

Xurts
01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't recommend it, it clogs your collection up with stuff you can't refine into items (because you haven't got enough of the card) and makes the Random rule a real bugger later on.
That's why you abolish Random.

ReloadPsi
01-05-2008, 01:13 AM

A good point, though it's quite a tedious task.

Xurts
01-05-2008, 01:18 AM

A good point, though it's quite a tedious task.
Indeed it is. I think it's worth it if you're planning on collecting every card in the game and/or you're an avid card player, since it makes it much easier to get rare cards like Selphie in regions where annoying rules like Random are in play. If you're just a light card player then I wouldn't suggest doing it.

rubah
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
You can temporarily change the trade rule by playing a lot in certain areas. I think that Dollet has diff as their trade rule? I'm not certain on that though. It'll change depending on where you play most.

Aerith's Knight
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
i played the game once.. lost a gf card.. got mad, reset and never played the game again

ReloadPsi
01-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Indeed it is. I think it's worth it if you're planning on collecting every card in the game and/or you're an avid card player, since it makes it much easier to get rare cards like Selphie in regions where annoying rules like Random are in play. If you're just a light card player then I wouldn't suggest doing it.

Yeah, but that's why I just get rid of my weak cards and let my player/GF cards come out in random bunches. Plus is what I personally look out for as the AI is excellent with it, but that's for a totally different thread. (I once tried to collect every card then got bored of it :p)

Kanshisha
01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, everyone agrees that the random rule is the worst rule of them all..

Losing a GF card sucks, but you can rematch and win it back

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2008, 05:57 PM

i did that the first time.. and lost another card

.. i just didnt get it :).. the FFIX card game was ok though

cloud21zidane16
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM

That happened to me once too, won it back eventually though:) it can be frustrating but rewarding if you win.

Xurts
01-08-2008, 12:57 AM

Yeah, but that's why I just get rid of my weak cards and let my player/GF cards come out in random bunches. Plus is what I personally look out for as the AI is excellent with it, but that's for a totally different thread. (I once tried to collect every card then got bored of it :p)
Plus is the second most annoying rule for me. I abolish that from every region along with Random. Getting rid of all of the annoying rules is really helpful since I collect every card. ^_^

Markus. D
01-08-2008, 07:16 AM

O_o;

What an odd way to say in a post.