PDA

View Full Version : A slip of the tongue.

mooglebunni608
01-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Lately I think I've been calling my intercession courses by a not-so-innocent name... intercourses >< Nobody's pointed out my little contraction, but I've been thinking it so much I'm certain I said out loud it at least once ><

So what are your worst word slip-ups?

I had a orchestra conductor who wanted to tell us to 'shift keys'. Just guess what happend when he slipped up >< Here's a hint- try saying it out loud ><

Iceglow
01-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Hmm I was talking on msn to someone once (voice chat) and accidentally said after near choking on a mouthful of coke..."sorry choking on a mouthful of *insert 4 letter word begining with c ending with k and a name for the male genetalia*!" needless to say they ragged me out rotten for a while. I've also since I was a lil kid always said "fairy up" instead of "fairy washing up liquid" and all washing up liquid is "fairy up" but girls find it cute and steal it...*watches for people saying it in future* :shifty: an analysis of chitty chitty bang bang in school...I said the same words but slipped an S instead of a C on the front of "Chitty" twice -_- did not go over wll with the teacher. I also have made several other "good" or bad ones depending on your outlook but am not in the mood to post them (or they're too dirty for here)

rubah
01-05-2008, 05:24 AM
My 7th and 8th grade math teacher lectured to us about some smurfy fractions in class one day.

Rainecloud
01-05-2008, 07:36 AM
My Supervisor was eating a rather juicy looking pear. I walked past and innocently stated that she "had a big pear", because it was indeed rather large. She replied "why thank you, Phil" with a dirty big grin on her face.

I honestly had no idea it sounded so rude at the time. I was genuinely commenting on the fruit.

Embarrassment ensued. :/

Zeldy
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
It wasn't me but my friend once replied to a question with our strict Science teacher saying "orgasms" instead of "organisms".

I once, accidently!, slipped up and didn't say "Cafe Nero" but said "Cafe-" and a word I cannot repeat but my friends gasped :(

Aerith's Knight
01-05-2008, 12:49 PM
you guys say: "you get what i mean" half of the time

.. but guess what, im dutch i dont get it!! =)

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2008, 02:48 PM
My mate was Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at our school, and the very last it was played (with hundreds of people watching), he shouted "THANKS WILLY WANKER!". It was epic.

Though it wasn't really a slip up, because we dared him too. Still funny though.

Breine
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I remember back in elementary school when you'd accidentally call the teacher either mom or dad depending on their gender.. :eep:

escobert
01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
When I'm really really really stoned I'm good for a word slip. or mixing words up in a sentence.

mooglebunni608
01-05-2008, 06:36 PM
I remember back in elementary school when you'd accidentally call the teacher either mom or dad depending on their gender.. :eep:

I did that >< I called a female teacher dad, though... So embarrasing!

Rye
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
The "organism/orgasm" mix up happened in my 7th grade science class as well, Zeldy. xD Except it was said by a student.

Shoeberto
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM
I do it a lot when I'm really tired. Or when I'm only sorta tired. Or when I'm perfectly awake. I just say stupid things a lot (rearranging word orders, mixing up first letters/sounds between two words)

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I make plenty of spoonerisms. I now do it on purpose just because that way people don't recognise when I cock up.