PDA

View Full Version : Arc The Lad Collection

Glazeman
01-05-2008, 05:09 AM
I just picked this up at a local game store in town for $15 bucks new. My friends told I can sell it for quite alot , But I decided to play it instead. I love it; I am curtainly on the second game and I was wondering did anyone enjoy it or hated it.

NeoCracker
01-05-2008, 05:25 AM
I've only played Twilight of the Spirits on the PS2.

Awesome game.

Bebedora is one of the most kick ass characters ever.

Tasura
01-05-2008, 12:30 PM
As far as I can recall I've only played 4 and 5 (Twilight of Spirits and End of Darkness) and they're pretty good, unfortunately End of Darkness breaks away from what made ToS good, in fact it breaks away from the standard RPG system entirely.

And Bebedora is one of the most kick ass characters ever.

Elly
01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
excelent collection, i got it the week it came out and loved it... i only finished the first one and lost my save halfway through the 2nd one, so i have to start Arc2 all over... one thing to look out for though is when you reach that 50 floor dungeon to get Choco for Chongara, you may want to have about 5 hours ready to dedicate to the game, as there are no save points or warps in or out of the dungeon, it really did take 5 hours for me to finish it but was worth it since Choco is playable in Arc2...

Larahl
01-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I only played Twilight of the Spirits, too.
Great game. I should get into it again and actually finish it.

Bahamut2000X
01-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Played all 4 of the games. Only beat the first and Twilight of the Spirits. I'm fairly ADD with the longer RPG's, but I've made it mostly towards the end of the second and third games (which ironically are probably my favorites of the series and I have yet to beat them, I really need to do that someday).

Over all it's a great series. Anime wasn't half bad either (though it spawned my hate for Arc as the main character and love of Elk).

Laddy
01-07-2008, 04:08 AM
A fine collection, too bad I've beat it, like, three years ago and can't remember much of it at all. Well, I'm playing ToS now, it's really good.

JKTrix
01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I bought it a few years ago when I saw it for a similar price at my local game store. I tried playing it a few times, but it all ended up being futile because...I didn't have a PS1 memory card.

Eventually gave it away to one of my friends.

Tried one of the PS2 games later, hated it.