PDA

View Full Version : Don't call me that

Vermachtnis
01-05-2008, 07:19 PM
One of my friend's little brother just called me Mr. Don. Now first of all only one person can call me Don and second of all I hate being called Mister. But he's at that throw uppy cute age where you can't get mad at him. His older sister was shocked and her friend (the one calls me Don) burst out laughing. And she knows she's the only one who can call me Don and she knows I hate being called Mister, so she probably put him up to it :mad:

Anyway, any thing you hate being called? That's polite I mean.

rubah
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Al.

Shoeberto
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Stuart Little from anyone bugs me.

Stewie from anyone but my sister is really annoying.

Iceglow
01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
I hate being called Steven or Stephanos or Stevie if you wanna call me by my real name I respond to Steve or Stef (and actually prefer Stef in most cases) I also dislike when people call me "Lassy" or "Lassie" on irc when I use the nick Lasuria, it's either the full name or Las not anything else. Also when people call me Blud it gets me wound up especially if white people do it...you aint black so don't speak like that.

Zeldy
01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I got called "baby girl" by an ex-friend and, at the time, it made me resent her so bad. So my friends now say it to take the piss and I just scowl :mad2:

There's only one way of saying my name, so I don't really have a problem. I actually would quite like it if people shortened it to Amz, I hate not being able to abbreviate my name.

Psychotic
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I have an older brother called Michael, and my dad often used to call me Mipaul. And I'd be annoyed at him for trying to call me my brother's name, and he'd always say "But you are my Paul." It's a nice attempt at a save, but both of us knew the truth. I think he's finally learned my correct name though, and it only took him 20 years!

Sergeant Hartman
01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Matthew.

EDIT: *shivers*

Shoeberto
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I have an older brother called Michael, and my dad often used to call me Mipaul. And I'd be annoyed at him for trying to call me my brother's name, and he'd always say "But you are my Paul." It's a nice attempt at a save, but both of us knew the truth. I think he's finally learned my correct name though, and it only took him 20 years!
My older sister's name is Annie, and my parents still frequently refer to me as An-Stuart.

LunarWeaver
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM

Haha, yes, I get that too. But my brother's name is Justin, so I get "Just Kyle". It seems I'm nobody special, I'm...just Kyle.

It doesn't bother me much, though. Actually there is no name that people call me that bothers me anymore. I've heard it all! :old:

phbr
01-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Well my name is Maximilian and I don't like to be called Maxi or some other stupid 'cute' form of my name (my history teacher in 10th grade called me "Mäxelchen" and if you know German, you'll know that it can't get much 'cuter' than that -.-) ... Although I do prefer to be called Max instead of my full name.

And I don't bother anymore when ~80% of my family (grandparents, aunts, etc. included) refer to me with my brother's name .. I've gotten used to it

rubah
01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I got called "baby girl" by an ex-friend and, at the time, it made me resent her so bad. So my friends now say it to take the piss and I just scowl :mad2:

There's only one way of saying my name, so I don't really have a problem. I actually would quite like it if people shortened it to Amz, I hate not being able to abbreviate my name.

My friend amy I called Amelia for no good reason, and then that got shortened to ame.

(her name wasn't amelia and I knew that, it was just to annoy her xD)

41-Inches-Wide
01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Once someone called me 'dingbat' and I coshed him in the head. :mad2: I like it when people call me 'Aich', like, 'Hey, Aich, free money for you!' or 'I love u, aich, have my burger.'

It sounds endearing to my ears.

Roto13
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Haha, yes, I get that too. But my brother's name is Justin, so I get "Just Kyle". It seems I'm nobody special, I'm...just Kyle.

It doesn't bother me much, though. Actually there is no name that people call me that bothers me anymore. I've heard it all! :old:
My mom does that. She's been doing it with my brother and I since he was born. Recently she's started doing it with me and my dad AND my brother and sometimes my cat. >_> "Da- er -Gu- er - Rhody!"

Jojee
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I'd say what I don't like to be called but then everyone will start calling me it :p

Shiny
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Banana...I used to get called that by one kid in particular and it was kinda annoying after a while. Also, I used to not like getting called Nay Nay, but its grown on me.

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Harle.

Roto13
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Just change your screen name already.

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I hope you get appendicitis.

And it's hardly my fault you people are ridiculously stupid. Can you lick your elbows? No. But that's not for lack of trying. :D

Roto13
01-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe they're like me and they call you Harle on purpose. :P

Evastio
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not saying. It'll only hint at my real name.

I guess I will say I don't like being called naive. Basically I find it as offensive as calling a poor bum on the street a millionaire. (calling someone something they want to be but they have no chance of being.)

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Maybe they're like me and they call you Harle on purpose. :P

I guessed that most of you did that anyway. So basically, I hope you get appendicitis. :D

Tasura
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Ricky or Dick, I hate being called those, and I don't respond to them either.

Serapy
01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I didn't like when people called me a rabbit :mad2:

Iceglow
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
In the style of Psy going on about being called "Mipaul" I have often been called all by my mother:

Paul - this is my older brothers name.
Jason - this is my eldest nephews name.
Tyler - this is the name of the 4 year old brat who lives with us aka the youngest of my nephews.

and at work:

Mark - the name of two of my mates at work who I am generally caught "skiving" with. Yes they're both called Mark.

Zeldy
01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh yeah, my Dad always gets my name wrong. He always calls me by my Mum's name, Gill. He even did it in the dentists and said "I have an appointment for Dr __, names: David and Gill __" and the women was like "uhh, we have a David and Amy __"? He's started doing it ALL THE TIME now, he calls me John, after my brother, sometimes too.

I like Ame, or Aym. Everyone should call me that :)

ReloadPsi
01-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I hate people shortening my name to "Reload", and hate them writing "PSI" instead of "Psi".

Back IRL, using my last name or any variant of it is a big no-no because people either never pronounce it correctly or I don't like any of the variations. (As awesome as some people think "Ammo" sounds I don't like it for some reason.)

A frequent customer where I work addresses me as Boris. Every time. Without fail. And I think that's awesome.

Quindiana Jones
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I get called Archie, Alfie and Alfred a lot. I don't mind.

Though some people have called me Scott. O_O

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I hate the name Robbie. The thing is, both me and my dad are Robert. Everyone calls my dad "Robbie/Robby". Thus I do not like being called Robbie. Call me Bobby (not Bobbie!) or any variant of it (such as Bobbert, Bobberto, Bobbo, etc...But not Boobie. I used to be teased with that name).

At one job they call me Rob which was weird.

Most people call me Bobby. Only teachers, profs and people I do not know well call me Robert.

Agrias
01-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I hate, hate, hate my greek name. I always used to be made fun of in elementary school for it

"OMG LOOK! ITS ALIKI FOSSET!!"

:'(

Madame Adequate
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Don't mind anything people call me online.

Don't mind most of what people call me offline, except for my old name, which gets anyone except my grandparents ignored.

Roto13
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I hate, hate, hate my greek name. I always used to be made fun of in elementary school for it

Your brother has a Pokemon name :D

Agrias
01-06-2008, 06:53 AM

Your brother has a Pokemon name :D

Lol!!! My brothers name is Spiro, NOT SPARROW! hahahahah

Momiji
01-07-2008, 01:43 AM
There just isn't much you can do with 'Justin'. However, I wouldn't mind a cute affectionate nickname. :p

As for EoFF, anyone who knows me (read: talks to me routinely on MSN) knows I liked to be called by name, and not my username (which I absolutely detest. (hey Leeza, it's almost the 27th! I've been waiting patiently for my name change :p). I don't particularly like being called 'PoePa', by the way. The only person who I will allow it from is NeoCracker.

NeoTifa
01-07-2008, 01:53 AM
i often get called by my opa "bran-jen-kel-shel-erica!" he has to go through all the famale grandchildren before me. lol. i dont like urka, or enrique. those are my friends favs. XD though kay kay calls me a-rica or eurika and i dont mind those. i actually lol.

Roto13
01-07-2008, 02:40 AM
PoePa. That's awesome. :P

Chimp
01-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Joey. Jay. Joseph.

Pretty much anything other than Joe.

Denmark
01-07-2008, 03:08 AM
ooc: so strict on the dates of name changes now. i would just ask a different admin every time :p

I, like TSoL, dislike the name Robbie, though I'm less annoyed by it than I used to be. My name is Rob plzkthx.

Rye
01-07-2008, 03:44 AM

Oh my god, that's so cute. xDDD

Yamaneko
01-07-2008, 03:54 AM
I just don't like people mispronouncing my name.

Faris
01-07-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't like being called by my first name. I don't mind it when family calls me by my first name, mainly because they don't make 100000 nicknames out of it like some people I know. :mad2: I'm more adjusted to it now though.

Bahamut2000X
01-07-2008, 04:03 AM
I just don't like being referred to in general. But I hate when people call me by my full name, my last name only, some sort of crazy butchered version of the fore mentioned, or call me by name as if they know me when their complete strangers (stupid name tags at work).

Leen-Leen
01-07-2008, 04:16 AM
One of my friends started calling me "Ellie." She said I kept on wondering if you could make a nickname out of the name "Eileen" so she came up with "Ellie." So, I got a nickname, but I hated it. D: I don't likethe name Ellie. It sounds kind of ... childish and old lady-ish at the same time to me. I asked her to stop calling me that, and she did. xD

Dolentrean
01-07-2008, 04:19 AM
I hate being called Joe, Joesph, or Joey. I have gone by Chase, my middle name, for as long as I can remember.

Freya
01-07-2008, 04:42 AM
You can't really abbreviate my name. Cause Kaycee goes to... kc.... which is the same. So nothing has really ever bugged me :D

Hambone
01-07-2008, 06:34 AM
My parents always shorten my name from Jonathan to Johnny, and then to Yohnny. It doesn't make any sense either. "Johnny" is already short enough. Replacing J with Y is pointless, doesn't make any sense, and on top of that, it sounds stupid. God, my parents are weird. Honestly, is there something about Yohnny that I don't know!?

MistaCloudStrife
01-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Jimbo...

What the hell? Jimbo has no relation to my name whatsoever. I mean, come on...

Ouch!
01-07-2008, 07:03 AM
1. Zed, a nickname my father infrequently uses, annoys me.
2. Zachary, my full name, is used by my grandmother. She's my grandmother; she can call me whatever the bloody hell she wishes. When my Aunt calls me Zachary, I just want to punch her in the face.
3. Zacharoo, an endearment employed by my friend Sarah, is unacceptable uttered from another's lips.
4. Zacharias, a nickname which annoys me, has been adopted by multiple friends. It annoys me less than others, but its explosive and sudden popularity lead me to believe that its use is a conspiracy against me devised by my friends.
5. Zach, the name by which I am most commonly referred, annoys the crap out of me. I hate my name; the above variations are, as a result, infuriating.
6. Raphael, my middle name, while preferable to all of the above, is more trouble than it's worth. Everyone mispronounces it. More likely, they pronounce it correctly and the Greek side of the family bastardized the pronunciation when they named my great, great uncle Raphael. Nobody really knows or uses it outside my family (and it's usually only uttered as sort of an expletive when my parents are angry and shout my full name).

I believe I would have been more content if my parents had named me Quinn.

rubah
01-07-2008, 07:23 AM
There just isn't much you can do with 'Justin'. However, I wouldn't mind a cute affectionate nickname. :p

As for EoFF, anyone who knows me (read: talks to me routinely on MSN) knows I liked to be called by name, and not my username (which I absolutely detest. (hey Leeza, it's almost the 27th! I've been waiting patiently for my name change :p). I don't particularly like being called 'PoePa', by the way. The only person who I will allow it from is NeoCracker.

You are definitely jussie now.

I have gone by Chase, my middle name, for as long as I can remember.
I hope you did better by it than this guy that went to my school for a few weeks in sixth grade;o The name kinda left a sour taste in my mouth since then, and I find it kinda weird that it would be preferable to anything :O But I guess it depends on the context in which you get used to it.

escobert
01-07-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm not a big fan of being called Rob or Robby or well Robert for that matter. although I'd take Robert over the other two.

Yuffie514
01-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Only words, like stupid. But I don't take it too seriously now.

The Unknown Guru
01-09-2008, 05:34 AM
My name is an expression. I hate when people hear my name, chuckle, then say it as if I had never heard it before.

BardTard
01-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Al.

Ugh, me too. That's a boy's name! It's not that hard to say Allie! People are just lazy.

I also hate it when people call me my birth name. (They only do it to get on my nerves) I hate it. It sounds really crappy. And no, it's not Allison, and no I will not tell you what it is.

Momiji
01-09-2008, 06:18 AM

You are definitely jussie now.

Aww really? <3

NeoTifa
01-09-2008, 06:31 AM
i call all the justins i know jus

theundeadhero
01-09-2008, 06:34 AM
You can't really abbreviate my name. Cause Kaycee goes to... kc.... which is the same. So nothing has really ever bugged meI would call you Special Kay, but somebody else already has that nickname.

Roto13
01-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Well that's what I'm calling her from now on!

KuRt
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
There's only one way of saying my name

And that's Aimwee

Seraphic
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Dan.
Worst abbreviation of the name Daniel ever.
Danny or gtfo.
Calling me by my last name has grown on me though and I prefer it to my actual name. :kaoyatta:

Breine
01-09-2008, 08:22 PM

My mom does that. She's been doing it with my brother and I since he was born. Recently she's started doing it with me and my dad AND my brother and sometimes my cat. >_> "Da- er -Gu- er - Rhody!"

Yep, my mom gets all three of us siblings confused. I'm usually He-Kristian (my brother's name is Henrik), my brother is Kri-Henrik and my little sister, who's name is Tippe, is Kri-Tippe. It's really annoying sometimes, but I'll live.

BardTard
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I also hate it when people mispronounce my name. Like adding a "sh" sound when there's no "sh" spellings in my name, and I have to tell them repeatedly how to pronounce it.

My last name... that's interesting. It's Bazzell. BAZZ-LL. Like Bazzell from Austin Powers. Razzle dazzle Bazzell. Somehow people always pronounce it like buh-zell or basil. It makes me mad.

I have a Final Fantasy character's name in my name!

KuRt
01-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Since my name is short (Riku) people don't usually call me by a nickname. Except for one of my friends who calls me Skiggebö. Don't know what for but it sounds stupid

Orestes
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of going by my last name, but I've come to expect it really.

Heath
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Joey. Jay. Joseph.

Pretty much anything other than Joe.

What about Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo?

I hate people calling me Tommy. It's not a name that suits me at all. I used to mildly object to Tommo but in the end it just stuck and see it more as a term of endearment. Anyone outside of my family called me 'Thomas' irks me though not as much as my family calling me 'Tom' would.

SammieBabe
01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
IRL, I despise being called Sammie. I can tolerate it online, because I only see it in print. Actually hearing it makes me nuts...

goth-love
01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I hate it when ppl shorten my name, Rose is ok but my mum calls Ro, Roie, my older brother sometimes calls me Roso which i carnt stand and one of my freinds calls me Roz. It really bugs me.:mad2:

Roto13
01-12-2008, 07:24 PM
IRL, I despise being called Sammie. I can tolerate it online, because I only see it in print. Actually hearing it makes me nuts...

But... your user name... D:

Vikeve
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I get called Hannah Banana and Hannah Montana a lot. I guess I don't really mind what people call me, but then I hear a lot of the same jokes about how I must be Hannah Montana or something. It was only funny once.:(

Oh, and I sometimes get called Han but that's only from one friend of mine who says it in such a way that I like it. For everyone else they gotta call me by my real name.:)

Tallulah
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
If I get called my full name by my parents, I know I'm in trouble... :eep:

Paul, some prat from the factory in my old job once called me 'young-un' From then until the day I left, I blanked him unless I had to talk to him. Nobody patronises me. :mad2:

I also hate being called Lorna. The receptionist at my old dentist was really bad for it. >=(