PDA

View Full Version : PSP on TV: expert needed!

KoShiatar
01-05-2008, 07:40 PM
So I bought a composite + component cable to watch my PSP games on TV. The problem is, apparently my TV doesn't support component/progressive images, because it's got no component cable support but only composite (=yellow+white+red jack holes).
So I bought a RGB to SCART adapter, hoping I would be able to do something, but it didn't help much...
Is a NTSC-supposting television really the only way to see PSP slim games on TV? Or is there a trick I don't know about? HEEEAAAALLPPP!! *Elite Beat Agents stlye*

Renmiri
01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
There's a gadget in Japan that does that. Other than that, you got way farther than I ever did.

starseeker
01-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Only way I can think of is to get a HD TV, because that'll support progressive input and have component and composite input. I think you may be able to use a computer monitor, although it would have to be relatively new.

Mirage
01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
i don't think the cables are your problem. If your TV can't do progressive scan, you'll have to somehow make your PSP output interlaced video signals. All computer monitors made the last 20 years can do progressive scan. I've got one somewhere from 1989 myself, and it definitely supports it. NTSC/PAL shouldn't make a difference either. IIRC, both standards use interlaced signals.