PDA

View Full Version : Why 10-2 did not have LULU as main cast.

Helen
01-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Why 10-2 did not have LULU as main cast. My opinion LULU was too mature, classy a character. The 10 sequel was too racy and girly girly friend . I always thought LULU made an awesome character, I would fantasize about being her. She was so cool. I was so disappointed that she was replaced with Paine or whomever she was.

We had Riku , a hyper girl from highschool , and Yuna who became preppy and lost half her IQ, and last but not least a gothic chick that has social issues.

What are your thoughts. I add I have not played 10=2 all the way through yet.

Big D
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I would have loved for Lulu to be a main character again...
But perhaps her maturity and calmness were the very reason she wasn't made a major character. After all, the game was about Yuna, Rikku and Paine being youthful and having wild adventures - Lulu would've been too sensible, and stopped them getting into mischief.

That was a nice quirk of X-2's plot: Spira's calm and peaceful after a thousand years, so people are finally free to have fun and actually live their lives without the constant threat of annihilation. Yuna, Rikku and Paine indulge in that, and really start to act their age again - until a similarly terrible threat emerges, and they have to rise to an all-new challenge. Lulu's been through a lot, so she's always prepared for something bad to happen. The Vegnagun crisis would've shocked her, but it would've had less of an emotional effect on her than on the others. She would've taken charge and known what the team should do, but her lack of impulsiveness might've held her back from approaching the problem in the most effective way.

Serapy
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Her maturity was boring, although her boobs and looks have covered that up, but yes I'd like to replace her with Pan anyday >_>

Big D
01-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I liked Lulu's maturity. It might be 'boring' to some, but it set her apart from the other cast and made her all the more appealing. Especially her reasons for being that way, and how it affected her outlook, sense of humour, etc.

Nifleheim7
01-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Because it would have made the game better!:monster:

ReloadPsi
01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
You're kidding, right? Lulu changing into a bunch of weird, wacky revealing costumes?

Big D
01-05-2008, 11:15 PM
You're kidding, right? Lulu changing into a bunch of weird, wacky revealing costumes?Her actual costume was pretty weird and revealing:p But the Dresspheres change according to whoever is using them, so Lulu's versions would (in theory) be more decent since she usually wears more clothing than the others.

Karellen
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
She would have been what, 25 in X-2? That's practically an old hag by anime standards.

Markus. D
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
You guys take the whole "girly girly" thing way out of proportion.

Lulu is pregnant for most of the game, so it's kind of reccomended that she stay settled down.

Besides, Paine is awesome~

ReloadPsi
01-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Lulu is pregnant for most of the game, so it's kind of reccomended that she stay settled down.

Oh yeah, that too :p

Helen
01-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Well hurry up girl, have the baby ! And jump back into action. LEt the baby fight with you !!

I can relate to LULU the other girls are too girly, I like lulu I dreamed about being her.

Namelessfengir
01-06-2008, 04:28 AM
I can relate to LULU the other girls are too girly, I like lulu I dreamed about being her.

you said that before.

i never dreamed about being the characters but i did hear battle music while i wasn't playing like while walking around school really freaked me out

that also happened with the music from gb pokemon

blackmage_nuke
01-06-2008, 04:28 AM
She's already got two giant spheres of her own that can let her do anything!!!

Helen
01-06-2008, 04:38 AM
I have heard the music before too. I just welcomed the insanity .

rubah
01-06-2008, 05:35 AM
You have to wonder at lulu's outlook on life, jumping into three summoner's journeys, something that would almost definitely have gotten her killed if they'd finished out. Add that to her bleak feelings about Chappu, and I think you have a very morose lady that wouldn't fit in with the happy go lucky x-2 scene at all. Maybe Vidina will cheer her up :p

Dolentrean
01-06-2008, 06:35 AM
She was about to pop out a baby! I dont like doing stuff after I had a large meal! I couldnt even imagine having a baby in me O.o

Helen
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
That is just the script, an excuse she could of had it before any game play.

Markus. D
01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
We had Riku , a hyper girl from highschool , and Yuna who became preppy and lost half her IQ, and last but not least a gothic chick that has social issues.

Yuna kinda did not lose any IQ at all... she's trying to find herself through the game and she's finding it hard because she's also trying to find the one she lost at the end of X... In the middle of it all she's caught between new issues and political issues~ not an IQ loss.

Paine aint goth in the slightest (Personality wise, NO), she has no social issues (Heck, she highfives Yuna and Rikku at some point smiling) and VERY valid excuses to act the way she does around three or so people in X-2.

Rikku is more of a Ponderer than a "Hyper girl from highschool" ... It comes across at most times as bubbly and cute.

Helen
01-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Looks like this old bag needs to give the game another chance. :)

Namelessfengir
01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
this is true

No.78
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Because it's difficult to jump in a dress of belts whilst pregnant.

Roto13
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I dunno. She looked to be in pretty good shape for a preggo. She didn't even gain any weight.

I guess that would actually count as being in BAD shape. Stupid crack baby.

scrumpleberry
01-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I dunno. She looked to be in pretty good shape for a preggo. She didn't even gain any weight.

I guess that would actually count as being in BAD shape. Stupid crack baby.

That really ticked me off actually. Christ, she could deform it if she kept wearing that corset right through.

hhr1dluv
02-01-2008, 08:33 PM
You have to wonder at lulu's outlook on life, jumping into three summoner's journeys

She had three summoners' journeys? Pardon my stupidity, but whose was the third journey? I know of Yuna's and Ginem's.

Little Blue
02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
She and Wakka were guardians to Zuke between Ginnem and Yuna

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
02-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Ew. I'm glad LuLu was not in FFX-2 Alot. Plus if they added LuLu they would have to add Wakka, I doubt he would just stay at Besaid Island and the other guardians!
Oh and it's Rikku
Riku is in Kingdom Hearts :P

Avarice-ness
02-02-2008, 03:58 AM
You're kidding, right? Lulu changing into a bunch of weird, wacky revealing costumes?

She can prolly change into awesome magic clothes without dress-sphere's. I mean, she's the least pregnant person I've ever seen, I just feel sorry for that flat baby. :( Not only does the dress make it look like she gained ZERO pounds, but apparently, she can birth the baby in it too!

And yeah, you know, fighting things isn't really recomended for pregnant women, EVEN IF they're as awesome as LuLu.

Jessweeee♪
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
To busy working on that list of hers :bigsmile:

toad626
02-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Because Wakka knocked her up.

Roogle
02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I think that the playable characters from Final Fantasy X should have joined the party, at some point, temporarily just to show that they still give Yuna unrivaled support.

demondude
02-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Lulu in Rikku's thief outfit = :O

CelestialStarDust
02-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Lulu in Rikku's thief outfit = :O

hehe,and pregnant too!!however,she apparently didnt have the baby in her stomach until she gave birth to it,so you never know....

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty glad that they didn't add Lulu to the playable characters of X-2. They surely would have ruined her character, since they did it with both Yuna and Rikku.

She's probably too traumatised with her freaky baby to be concerned with saving the world, anyway.