PDA

View Full Version : New year resolutions

Rianoa
01-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Howdy its 6 days into the new year diffrent year same :skull::skull::skull::skull:.And i wanted to know hows your year going so far and what your new years resolutions are and why. Mines to finish Russell Brands book cause i never finish any book (exept manga) and why you thinks its gona be a good (or bad) year awsomeness greetings.:D

Kuroshima
01-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Ugh.. My New years resolution was to stop drinking. It won't be a good year.=.=

NeoCracker
01-06-2008, 06:42 AM
My new years resolution was to get a damn buzz.

But no, I had to have a naturally high tolerance to alcohol, in addition to work in the morning.

That was a wasted new years, that it was.

Though that really wasn't my new years resolution, I had none.

But I still wanted to be included in this thread. :(

Dolentrean
01-06-2008, 06:46 AM
I think I am going to pity NeoCracker for his lack of a buzz...

There there NeoCracker, I didnt get to have a buzz eather.

Roto13
01-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I don't drink a lot. Just a glass of wine now and then around the holidays.

This thread is now about alcohol.

NeoCracker
01-06-2008, 07:18 AM
But that may draw attention to the fact I'm still 6 months away from being able to legally drink.

I saw it stays on topic of new years resolutions.

Really I don't even know anyone who makes those anymore. :P

The Unknown Guru
01-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Mine is to "get a freaking date", but that's a goal I would have anyway.

KoShiatar
01-06-2008, 08:40 AM
To finish the 3 books I'm reading.
To get more appreciated at my job or else to find a new job.
To lose some weight.
To live a serene life.

James Leopold
01-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I've heard predictions that the USA will collapse this year....I don't know if that's good or bad.

Breine
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't really have a new year resolution other than just generally eating healthy.. but, I already do that.. so yeah :greenie:

I'm not really a big fan of the new year resolutions anyway.. it's like promising yourself something that rarely happens.

Raebus
01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
My new years resolution is not have a resolution.

Really though, the only resolution I can think of right now is to get a job sooner rather than later, which shall be hard. ;_;

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I've already broken all mine.

Sefie1999AD
01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
I didn't do any new year's resolutions since I don't like making promises that I can't keep anyway. :p I thought about some possible promises for a while, but eventually I figured out I couldn't keep those promises anyway, so I decided not to have any new year's resolutions.

Aerith's Knight
01-06-2008, 01:21 PM
i think im gonna brake mine soon

Jess
01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Be more organised with college work
Find a job as a barmaid
Pass my driving test

Lynx
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
well so far outlook not so good. first day work bleh. 2nd day the coldest day of snowboarding ive ever experienced. all the rest so far have been work. atleast tommorow is snowboarding again. and i ahve lots of plans for this year and with my job i can afford to follow through with flights all around the country. so idk how this year will be but i tend to enjoy life anyways.

my new years resoloution was to i dont how you say it but basically im not going to put up with peoples bull anymore.

NeoTifa
01-06-2008, 08:25 PM
mine was to get my room cleaned and organized, but i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon. thats what im supposed to be doing right now.

Psychokitty
01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I had a New Year's Resolution, but I seriously forgot it, and that sucks, so I'm going to make one here and now, and it's the same one I've done in the past 3 years, but it never came true, no matter how hard I tried to make it true. My New Year's Resolution is to get a Girl/Boyfriend, or at least find someone who possibly likes me, or to go on a date at least once this year. It probibly won't come true, because it never has in the past, and most people really dislike me on sight just because I look overweight and wimpy, when I actually have muscles, and weigh 150 llbs, the average weight for my height.

My other New Year's Resolution is to stick to writing a book, poem, or comic. I usualy just start, then procrastinate untell I never do finish.

Roto13
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I like to resolve to do things I already do. Like eat a lot of pizza.

mooglebunni608
01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Well, the first one was to ditch the glasses FAST, but that isn't going to well. Neither is the second, to get voice lessons. Same as the third, to get a job.

But I HAVE been able to keep the fourth, which is not to eat meat. And I'm doing pretty well! <3

Heath
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Gotta go with the lovely cliche of 'lose weight.' I suppose I'd like to be driving by September but I'm unsure how realistic that'll be financially.

NeoCracker
01-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I like to resolve to do things I already do. Like eat a lot of pizza.

I'll eat to that.
*Scurries off to find pizza*

NeoTifa
01-07-2008, 01:10 AM
i want/have to lose at least 20 lbs before boot camp. lol. i could just roll around the barracks instead of double time. lol

Iceglow
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
My new years resoloutions are simple:

Learn Polish - we always need to learn new things, whilst my girlfriend is Polish and we're going out this makes sense plus there are lots of Polish people in the UK.
Excercise more - We can all do with good health I was pretty lax about excercise.
Spend more time with friends - All work no play makes Iceglow a very dull boy!

NeoTifa
01-07-2008, 01:18 AM
lol i love that song.

yes, i could spend more time with friends, eat healthier, quit the mountain dew (my biggest and hardest one), and stop buying lottery tickets. ive just started, being a week after my 18th bday, and i have like a permanent grey thumbs. i have won so much money, though, but i dont wanna get a gambling addiction. and on new years eve, i was so close to winning an 80 dollar jackpot in texas hold em....

Dolentrean
01-07-2008, 04:46 AM
My resolution is to help other people break there resolutions. I know its not very nice, but it sure is fun :) And I normally always follow through.

rubah
01-07-2008, 07:10 AM
my resolutions were to write in my journal every day and not be a fatty. I'm doing moderately well on both

Calliope
01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Good on you Mooglebunni, and Rubah, although I don't read your journal xD.

The reason I don't make resolutions is because they would simply be lists of things I would like to have accomplished, without the time specifications or measurements outside of saying "more" or "less" that would turn them into proper goals.

rubah
01-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I would hope you didn't read my journal! It's in my house and has a lock on it :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Serapy
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Discover more theories about some FF games.

:rolleyes2

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM
my resolutions were to write in my journal every day and not be a fatty. I'm doing moderately well on both

why do you keep insisting you are fat, because you just are not.. not even close..

ah well

guess its one of those 'Does this pants make me look fat' thing.

rubah
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
When it starts to get to the point that your clothes aren't fitting anymore, I'd say that was a sign to change your ways.

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
its called growing.. makes sure that the length hasnt changed as well :]

Psychokitty
01-08-2008, 01:11 AM
I've added "getting rid of my extra fat that is just there for no reason because I'm of an average weight," to my new year's resolution.

And Calliope, I have to agree on the reason for not making them, but I just still make them in a vain hopeless/full attempt to have one come true, by working at it, and waiting for it to come true on it's own.