PDA

View Full Version : Remake

Northcrest
01-07-2008, 03:04 AM
No this isn't neccesarilly about remaking Final Fantasy VII. Though my queston is if u could get 3 Final Fantasy games remade which ones would it be. Give out reasons and also put anything u like or disliked that u would want it to be remade.

1 Final Fantasy VII The game was exciting and fun (only if they could make the beginning a bit more exciting). Other than that I hope they add little extra cool stuff.

2. Final Fantasy IX I found out from someone that Final Fantasy IX was made during the the period of FFX being created. I suspect that since FFX being the 1st FF game for the PS2 they would want it to be good. I don't think that they put all the effort on FFIX as they should've. If they did the game would probably be one of my favorites.

3. Final Fantasy VIII I miss the Academy idea that was put into the game. I didn't like how u had to find magic in order to use it though if they could spiff it up I would love to play it.

Okay your turn!

Goldenboko
01-07-2008, 03:33 AM
2. Final Fantasy IX I found out from someone that Final Fantasy IX was made during the the period of FFX being created. I suspect that since FFX being the 1st FF game for the PS2 they would want it to be good. I don't think that they put all the effort on FFIX as they should've. If they did the game would probably be one of my favorites.

How ironic, I find FFIX better then FFX :O

I don't really want to see any of them remade until they are unavailable, since you can know easily get all of the games I just don't see a point :o

Oh you meant changed. FFVIII, scrap everything. The end. :D

Jessweeee♪
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
FFVII of course! Yes, yes, they've already done a lot to it, they made a movie sequel, they made another sequel starring Vincent, a lot of people like Sephiroth, but why not remake it? They could improve the graphics so much, they could put in some more minigames or other things to keep it fresh, fix some gramatical errors (except "This guy are sick" that should stay. FOREVAH.), and a lot of people would buy it. They'd make so much money off of it, and the only reason they have NOT to is because some people might say some mean things on the intrawebz. Which probably won't stop them. It's only a matter of time n.n

MAYBE FFVIII...FFIX and on are too recent, and the only older FFs I've played have been recently remade for handheld systems.

Bahamut2000X
01-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh you meant changed. FFVIII, scrap everything. The end. :D

Crossblades
01-07-2008, 03:58 PM
and the only older FFs I've played have been recently remade for handheld systems.

Those are ports with extra features, not remakes. There's a huge difference.

FF III and FF IV for the DS are remakes, however

Roto13
01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
So are FF I and II for GBA, PSP, etc.. :P We're on the fast track to remaking every Final Fantasy up until VI. xP

rubah
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
ffviii- do more with the rinoa/squall/seifer love triangle and generally build up the other characters more also

ffiv- figure out some way to make them not learn spells as they level up>:[ that was so infuriating xD

c'est tout I guess

Crossblades
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
So are FF I and II for GBA, PSP, etc.. :P We're on the fast track to remaking every Final Fantasy up until VI. xP

Again, ports with extra features. But I guess the PSP versions could count as remakes being the graphics are different from it's GBA and PS1 counterparts

Namelessfengir
01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
while i know that it is a crucial part of the story but i like selphie better then rinoa so why couldn't we get both of them ?

Vivisteiner
01-07-2008, 09:35 PM
FFIX because its amazing.

FFVI because it sounds amazing and I want to play it.

Roto13
01-07-2008, 09:48 PM

Again, ports with extra features. But I guess the PSP versions could count as remakes being the graphics are different from it's GBA and PS1 counterparts

I don't think you know what a port is.

Final Fantasy I and II (compilations) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Dawn_of_Souls#PlayStation)

ReloadPsi
01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
FF2 - The GBA version finally made the game more accessible but for more stubborn graphic-whore-ish gamers it was still probably not enough. Man I hate people who mooch purely over graphics. Nevertheless seeing this game done in far greater detail would be nice. They should probably keep GBA's level up system but not make it quite so forgiving as it did make the game far too easy with all the "automatic" stat boosts you seemed to be getting.

FFMQ - Just let Squenix over in Japan have their way with it. I'm sure it'd see some massive improvements.

Final Fantasy Endless Nova (http://www.velv.net/): One of the best RPG Maker games I've ever played if you can overlook all the grammatical (and occaionally spelling) errors littered throughout. This game in at least FFXII's graphics? Yes please! It has a level up system similar to FF2 but is easier to use and manipulate, and level "grinding" simply requires alternate techniques, much like in FF2 only this one actually seems to always work.

cloud21zidane16
01-07-2008, 10:04 PM
FFVII because i love it and it is probably the most likely to be remade
FFVI becasue everthing about it was superb and it would be really interesting to see what it would look like with much better graphics
Not sure about the third one

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2008, 03:14 AM
and the only older FFs I've played have been recently remade for handheld systems.

Those are ports with extra features, not remakes. There's a huge difference.

FF III and FF IV for the DS are remakes, however

Those are the only ones I've played ^-^;;

Zechs
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
FF VI. Because it is my fave. And I'd like to see it in Yo-shi-ta-aka quality 3d.
Don't have any others...

Comet
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
FF 6 on PSP...

FF VIII on xbox 360, even though it will never happen...

Aerith's Knight
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
FF 6 on PSP...

a remake.. of a FF game that they have no intention of remaking.. for a microsoft console?

within this decade? /:]

Raebus
01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I'd pay them to make it for a microsoft console, Aerith's Knight seems to not like the idea, I like any idea that he disagrees with.

No.78
01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Final Fantasy Six Remake for (insert modern Playstation model)

I just know this game would be twice as excellent with better 3D graphics, some kind of stylized graphics too, plus quality voice acting and some extra bits that don't interfere with the plot.

Final Fantasy Nine Remake for (insert modern Playstation model)
[or maybe even a sequel, come on, a half genome half summoner child is gonna make a kickass protagonist]

May be to soon for this one but eventually it would be one I'd choose.

Final Fantasy ELEVEN: Offline

A single Player FFXI spinoff set in the same world, to act as kind of a memorial for when FFXI dies (not that I want it to die, it's gonna be a while). But it'd be cool, they could make intertextual references to famous players and stuff. Name all the NPC's after players or something :D Not like "Uberhaxmage" or something, but you get the idea.

It could also have an online multiplayer mode, like, I dunno, Ballista or Assault or something.

<3

FF_Chick
01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Final Fantasy VI, please! IX for the psp atleast. I hope VI atleast gets a DS remake. ATLEAST.

Bolivar
01-10-2008, 10:25 PM
FFII - the game was already epic for its time, but with improved artistic direction, script, and upgraded music (its amazing just how damn good the songs were) i think it would be one of the top RPGs ever made.

FFV - this game gets overlooked so much for just how much of an impact it had on the series. The original FF team was gone and about half of the sprites and tiles went with them. The scenarios were extremely fun, the music was incredible, especially the use of bass in tracks like Reina's theme. To me, this game also has great quality potential if it were to be updated.

FFVII - when this game was released, it was the advent of The Cinematic RPG. It blurred the line between movies and video games and I don't think I could say it's truly either one. Being that all of the different components for enjoying movies has increased over the years, I think VII should be re-released taking full advantage of all of them. HD quality, 1080p, Dolby Digital, all on a blue ray disc. To this day, FFVII still seems to get the most bang out of my surround system out of all the FF's, I think this remake would be The Game for your entertainment system. They could possibly even incorporate some tracks from the "voices from the lifestream" collection, such as the Shinra theme, play it during the Cloud vs. Rufus battle ontop of the Shinra building, with the camera zooming out to show helicopters circling the HQ all the while it's going on. THAT would be something.

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2008, 10:37 PM
o:

silentenigma
01-10-2008, 10:37 PM
V on the PSP: All they'd need to do is continue to improve the dialogue and give more character growth.

VI on the PS3: they wouldn't really have to change much on this one, it'd be a killer game.

VII on PS3: this one would definitely be the most difficult to pull off with integrity. There were so many things in FFVII that were easy to do with deformed characters but are totally unrealistic with proportional models.
Jumping on a tower while riding a dolphin anyone? yeah.

aquatius
01-11-2008, 05:58 PM
FFV DS Please

Elpizo
01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
All I want is a FF III (the real F III, not VI, which I dislike very, very much) for PS3 with all the fleshing out the story needs. It's just the presentation and events that need to be done better, III's plot is already great. Another reason for having this on PS3 is because I'd like to see Refia in 3D, realistically propotioned and with awesome graphcis and VA. Also, Cloud of Darkness with PS3-quality graphics and music... *dreamy sigh*

Probably will never happen though. At least a fan can dream...

Also, give V and IX the same treatment, because I love them. Wouldn't mind IV on PS3 either.

Gennosuke
01-11-2008, 08:22 PM
FF 6 on PSP...

HAHAHAHAHA on a 360, somehow i dont think so.:p

But they should have made FFVII again as they did do a tech demo for the PS3 that looked awsome, but they would have to keep it exactly the same for me though imo there is nothing bad about this game!!

Final Fantasy IV, such an awsome game, i love it, i would just have to change the difficulty, LOL!!

Final Fantasy VIII, this game in HD would look epic!!:up: