PDA

View Full Version : Reality check

Tiamat3710
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
ok i was just wondering something kimahris a ronso and a ronso is spiras equivalent of the vikings there extremely powerful but heres the part i dont get

Tidus who only knew how to wield a sword a couple days ago is doing more damage than a ronso using weapons ever since he knew how to walk

thats not all if you ask me wakka and tidus should switch weapons i mean tidus is a better blitzer and wakka bound to know how to use a sword because his brother was in crusaders

Discuss

Goldenboko
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Its a game, deal with it.

SeeDRankLou
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Just because Tidus only just started using a weapon doesn't mean he's weak. In fact, it's probably because he's a good blitzball player that he's stronger than Kimahri. Remember the FMV with the blitzball game, imagine what kind of strength he has that he can swim to the top of the blitz sphere and hurl himself that high out of it. Just because he recently started fighting doesn't mean he's weak, and it's not like he's doing anything fancy with his sword.

Captain Maxx Power
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Tidus has more balls. Simple as. Also, Kimahri's Sphere Grid is suck incarnate.

Bahamut2000X
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
RPG game balance is SOOO 1994.

No.78
01-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Its final fantasy, deal with it.

fix'd

But yeah in a world where stats replace physics it's not all hard to believe.

ReloadPsi
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Suspension of disbelief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief)

cloud21zidane16
01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Tidus isnt that weak and even if he is it isnt that hard to use a sword:rolleyes2

Tavrobel
01-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Tidus has more balls. Simple as. Also, Kimahri's Sphere Grid is suck incarnate.

NO U

Anyways, this is an RPG. In the Int. version with the Expert, you can technically make Rikku a ggsauce warrior, and Auron a magic-user. Either way, SRL nails it with this one.

blackmage_nuke
01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
thats not all if you ask me wakka and tidus should switch weapons i mean tidus is a better blitzer and wakka bound to know how to use a sword because his brother was in crusaders

Yea because brothers are always so alike in their abilities, when one learns something the other has some kind of clairvoyant connection where they know all about what the other knows.

Besides in the begining they have generally the same blitzball stats

And apparently Kimahri was weak compared to the other ronso

Tiamat3710
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
you guys make some good points

tidus would have to be strong to be a bliztball player but i have noticed in your first bliztball match his AT or attack is 2 he aint that strong plus strength isnt everything in a swordfight

to whoever said that swords arent hard to use it is Bushido (the art of swordsmanship) takes many years to learn and master its so hard to learn people use sticks instead of swords so they dont injure themselves

i supose kimahri was a weak ronso but hes still fairly strong did you see him toss that yevon guy in macallania temple halfway across the room hes not that weak

lastly im not saying tidus is weak im saying kimahris stronger and more skillfull with a weapon

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Tidus doesnt use Bushido, he just whacks things sort of in the same way you can cause alot of damage with a baseball bat without ever having held one. Auron uses bushido.

Obviously by the time you reach macallania all the characters would be stronger than they were in the begining

Raebus
01-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I tried to find a "It's just a game" image but failed to, oh woe is me. You're looking too much into it.

cally777
01-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Well I think you're entitled to point out unrealistic things if you want, and as Tav says you've nailed one. And in the same vein:

Lulu is a guardian with 2 pilgrimages under her belt(s), yet she only has Level one Elemental magic after getting all the way to the Calm Lands (twice).

Even worse, Auron is a "legendary" guardian with just Power Break and average stats.

Of course the reason is game balance. Otherwise Auron/Lulu/Yuna could walk the whole adventure on their own.

:choc::choc::choc: