PDA

View Full Version : Game Series That Shouldn't Have Died and Games that Need a Sequel

Evastio
01-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Is there any game series out there that you think should've not died and should've have more sequels?

I personally think Wario's Woods and Klonoa should've had their series continue.

Zora
01-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Chrono series.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Okay so whether it is dead is technically not confirmed, but I doubt anyone will argue that it is alive...

Roto13
01-08-2008, 02:25 AM
omg omg chrono break omg omg

Zora
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
omg omg chrono break omg omg

Chrono Break had its copyright expired or something like that. Everything points to it being a canceled project...

Either that, or it is taking Duke Nukem Forever. Seriously.

Brennan
01-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Threads of Fate

KentaRawr!
01-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Neutopia, definitely.

MistaCloudStrife
01-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Xenogears.

Technically there IS Xenosaga, but since it's under another company now, the director doesn't want to consider it prequel to Xenogears.

I would have liked a Xenosaga based on Square's work. They would have been able to adapt/evolve the Xenogears fighting systems into Xenosaga. I think it would have been alot better. =P

Ashley Schovitz
01-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Threads of Fate

TyphoonThaReapa
01-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Legend of the Dragoon

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Jumping Flash, of course.

Roto13
01-08-2008, 03:05 AM

I'm going to use that line. Every day. Forever. Duke Nukem Forever.

I Took the Red Pill
01-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Poy Poy.

Bahamut2000X
01-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Threads of Fate. It was such a great game, and they left the end so open to a sequel. I'm kind of sad nothing came of it.

Lufia was another series I wish they would of properly ended. I want to know what the deal with Arek the Absolute is.

Xenogears would be another nice one to see get properly finished (i.e. not a renamed redone script of it, or rushing the project so it doesn't get entirely finished with what the developers intended to do with it).

Roto13
01-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Viewtiful Joe. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING TRILOGY!

Karellen
01-08-2008, 04:20 AM
Lunar. Yeah, it didn't die but it might as well have.

Also, it would have been nice if we had gotten a single Xenosaga game the way it was intended.

Madame Adequate
01-08-2008, 04:27 AM

So... now, finally, after years of wondering, I comprehend why Kishi is beloved.

Breath of Fire seems to have ended. Capcom - or rather, Osaka Prefecture Resident Evil Concern - don't seem to be doing anything with it right now. At all. :(

Jet Set Radio. Professor K = immense victory.

DK
01-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Poy Poy.

I loved that game so god damn much.

escobert
01-08-2008, 05:17 AM
I want more saga games!

MistaCloudStrife
01-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. Marvel vs Capcom. MvC3 has a nice ring to it.

JKTrix
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
I just want to freaking finish Shenmue. "Shenmue Ga Gotoku (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_Ga_Gotoku)" if you have to. I don't know if I want to *play* through a whole new Shenmue (at least not if it's too much like the old ones), but the unfinished story has been nagging at me forever.

As for something that I want to play: I don't know if the series counts as 'Dead', but Zone of the Enders 3 would make me very happy.

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I dont know if the monkey island series is dead but i think there should be another one

and as mentioned before, the chrono series

leader of mortals
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
sonic didnt die.... but its greatness did:(

Roto13
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM

How many freaking times am I going to have to scream "SONIC RUSH" before you people start listening?

KentaRawr!
01-08-2008, 04:58 PM

How many freaking times am I going to have to scream "SONIC RUSH" before you people start listening?

Sonic Rush, while awesome, feels very different from it's older counter-parts, if you ask me. Much more speed-oriented, and less platforming. :p But hey, it's still great, so I guess the greatness didn't die. And I'm sure none of us want rehashes. :3

As for another series that should not have died, Star Tropics is a game that comes to mind.

JKTrix
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Nintendo :: Wii :: Virtual Console :: Games :: StarTropics (http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole/games/detail/mLqsyMiZqHleOYbtHCKqxhORw6JT45-g)

It 'came to mind' for me as well, since I saw it pop up on my Wii yesterday. Then I remembered I actually *have* the game, complete with the un-dipped-in-water letter.

Kossage
01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more Gabriel Knight games.

Vivisteiner
01-08-2008, 05:34 PM

I'm going to use that line. Every day. Forever. Duke Nukem Forever.

Don't you mean Fornever?

Shoeberto
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I dont know if the monkey island series is dead but i think there should be another one

and as mentioned before, the chrono series
Lucas Arts hasn't put out a point-and-click adventure game since about 2001, for that matter. It'd be nice to see them revisit them, especially with the Wii controls.

Anything other than another damn Star Wars game.

Ultima Shadow
01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
The Lunar series.

I Am Stoner
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
The Parasite Eve series. I thought that rocked.

Crossblades
01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Breath of Fire. I would've loved to see a sixth installment. Capcom has completely forgotten about this series =(

Madame Adequate
01-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Poy Poy.

:skull::skull::skull::skull: yeah

Luther X-Rated
01-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Herion Hero :(

You chase the dragon, but you never catch it.

LunarWeaver
01-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I'd go for some Parasite Eve. I'd love an entry that quits trying to be Resident Evil and doesn't have :skull::skull::skull::skull: controls.

Big D
01-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Ecco the Dolphin. Best games of Sega's 16-bit era (no need to whine if you disagree) in my opinion. I still haven't found a second-hand copy of Defender of the Future for the PS2...

Dreddz
01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Shenmue comes to mind. The first two games were great but they never finished the story. I mean literally they left Shenmue II off on a cliffhanger that needed to be resolved. How can they toy with us like this?

Ishin Ookami
01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Earthworm Jim

This series had everything, great games, an awesomely funny animated series, great potential for the future; Then shiny whored the franchise out to Rockstar for Earthworm Jim 3D and the franchise hasn't been heard from since. And GBA ports don't count.

I miss that franchise. :cry: :cry:

Roto13
01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I didn't realize Rockstar made the third one. That explains so much.

The Unknown Guru
01-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Final Fantasy Chrono games.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Shenmue comes to mind. The first two games were great but they never finished the story. I mean literally they left Shenmue II off on a cliffhanger that needed to be resolved. How can they toy with us like this?Suzuki and company were more than hoping to finish the story, but after the second game, they just couldn't justify continuing to spend so many millions of dollars creating the intricate worlds that defined the series. And as technology has progressed, the hypothetical budget of a new game as cutting-edge as the first two has only increased. Then consider the fact that the series never brought in that any money in the first place, and it's no surprise (although still very much a shame) that it's been shelved.
Earthworm Jim

This series had everything, great games, an awesomely funny animated series, great potential for the future; Then shiny whored the franchise out to Rockstar for Earthworm Jim 3D and the franchise hasn't been heard from since. And GBA ports don't count.

I miss that franchise. :cry: :cry:The first two games are some of my favorite games of all time. Earthworm Jim 2 in particular is a near-perfect synthesis of excellent gameplay, music, artwork, and humor. It's quite sad that the years showed it to be a beast much too rare to live.

NeoCracker
01-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Lufia and BoF.

Lufia 1 and 2 need either remakes or ports, (Preferably remakes in kick ass graphics) and then then continue from their.

No need to leave Ruins of Lore and LEgend returns in the story.

o_O
01-09-2008, 12:35 AM

Totally. But having said that, the quality of 3 and 4 were much lower quality than the first two. They might kill the series. :(

Elaine's accent changed from British to American between the third and fourth. What's up with that?! :p

Heath
01-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Chrono series.

Lunar. Yeah, it didn't die but it might as well have.

Earthworm Jim

All of the above, definitely. Possibly Jazz Jackrabbit too? I think that's pretty much dead, isn't it?

darkchrono
01-09-2008, 01:19 AM
The only problem with them making more Xenogears games like a few of you alluded to is that they covered many of the plotlines that would have been covered in the other chapters already in the original xenogears game. So if you did play more xenogears games it would be like you were playing a game where you already knew the story. Don't get me wrong I think Xenogears has the best story ever covered in the video game world but it is a story that has pretty much already been told.

Xenosaga on the other hand could have been just as good as xenogears had it been allowed to continue on but it was the directors own stupidity which doomed that series so I don't feel to bad about the xenosaga series fizzling out.

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Lufia 1 and 2 need either remakes or ports, (Preferably remakes in kick ass graphics) and then then continue from their.

I dunno I liked the graphics in the first 2. They weren't half bad and they flowed real well. Better then many other RPG's of the day. Though a revamp couldn't hurt. Though I defiantly want them to be ported over so their goodness can be given to new generations of gamers so they can see how video games should be without all dem flashy special LSD effects nowadays.

Shoeberto
01-09-2008, 02:23 AM
All of the above, definitely. Possibly Jazz Jackrabbit too? I think that's pretty much dead, isn't it?
I think Epic may be a little busy these days with other projects.

NeoCracker
01-09-2008, 02:24 AM

I dunno I liked the graphics in the first 2. They weren't half bad and they flowed real well. Better then many other RPG's of the day. Though a revamp couldn't hurt. Though I defiantly want them to be ported over so their goodness can be given to new generations of gamers so they can see how video games should be without all dem flashy special LSD effects nowadays.
I wasn't so keen of the Graphics in Fortress of Doom, but Rise of the Sinistrals was quite good.

I just like improved Graphics is all, I'd be perfectly happy with a port.

You know, I should learn how to use RPG Maker and recreate these games myself, only adding in more so you can learn something of Arek since they won't do it themselves.

However I have no energy for such a thing, and thus it won't happen. :P

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Thinking back on it yeah Lufia's town sets were kind of un-detailed. Though I kind of like the colorful graphics of the first one.

But yeah I wish they would of finished Ruins Chasers so we finally learned about Arek. :(

MistaCloudStrife
01-09-2008, 05:28 AM
The only problem with them making more Xenogears games like a few of you alluded to is that they covered many of the plotlines that would have been covered in the other chapters already in the original xenogears game. So if you did play more xenogears games it would be like you were playing a game where you already knew the story. Don't get me wrong I think Xenogears has the best story ever covered in the video game world but it is a story that has pretty much already been told.

Xenosaga on the other hand could have been just as good as xenogears had it been allowed to continue on but it was the directors own stupidity which doomed that series so I don't feel to bad about the xenosaga series fizzling out.

I'm guessing you were assuming everyone wanting sequels of Xenogears. But Xenogears was already stated as the last game in the supposed series of the Xeno- games.

I was actually talking about a Xenosaga like game, but with work from Squaresoft/Square-Enix. Since the companies switched, the games that were intended to be created as prequels to Xenogears were very likely altered from his original idea from Xenogears. Proof of this is that he already stated that Xenosaga isn't based off of Xenogears.

I was stating that I would have liked the Xeno- series to have continued on with Square instead of making/going under Monolith/Namco.

It's what happens when the director expects all this money from Square when it was his very first time directing a game. If the game had done really well and Square saw that, they would have given him more money. Not to mention that only a few years later Square merged with Enix. IF he had stuck with Square, by the time the 3rd game for the Xeno series came out, there would have been alot more money for production and alot more workers and experience under his belt. Not to mention that the characters would look sweet with Final Fantasy FMV styled cut scenes and he would have had alot of experienced people in the same company to consult on certain matters pertaining to the games he would create.

But all that is ifs and buts. He did what he wanted and he probably regrets it right about now. All because FFVII and VIII took some money for production for Xenogears. Blah. He should have known from the start which game would take top priority. Oh well.

darkchrono
01-09-2008, 06:17 AM

I'm guessing you were assuming everyone wanting sequels of Xenogears. But Xenogears was already stated as the last game in the supposed series of the Xeno- games.

I was actually talking about a Xenosaga like game, but with work from Squaresoft/Square-Enix. Since the companies switched, the games that were intended to be created as prequels to Xenogears were very likely altered from his original idea from Xenogears. Proof of this is that he already stated that Xenosaga isn't based off of Xenogears.

I was stating that I would have liked the Xeno- series to have continued on with Square instead of making/going under Monolith/Namco.

It's what happens when the director expects all this money from Square when it was his very first time directing a game. If the game had done really well and Square saw that, they would have given him more money. Not to mention that only a few years later Square merged with Enix. IF he had stuck with Square, by the time the 3rd game for the Xeno series came out, there would have been alot more money for production and alot more workers and experience under his belt. Not to mention that the characters would look sweet with Final Fantasy FMV styled cut scenes and he would have had alot of experienced people in the same company to consult on certain matters pertaining to the games he would create.

But all that is ifs and buts. He did what he wanted and he probably regrets it right about now. All because FFVII and VIII took some money for production for Xenogears. Blah. He should have known from the start which game would take top priority. Oh well.

I don't know. I'm not sure Square would have ever backed his idea and the way Takahashi himself wanted to do things. Making games that have to rely on eachother to be considered complete instead of being complete themselves is always a big risk.

For starters if one game isn't received well it can really hurt the rest of the games in the series.

Another thing is is that it would be really hard for the production team to stay together throughout the length of the entire series.

And lastly when you are talking about a six games series you are probably talking about it taking 10-15 years for it to be completed. That is an awful long time for a fanbase to stay interested in the series (and gaming in general).

If Takahashi was smart he would have decided to make longer but fewer games than he did. And if he was truly smart he never would have been so adament about trying to tell the story of his vision through a video game platform in the first place. He would have written it in book format instead of game format.

MistaCloudStrife
01-09-2008, 07:09 AM

I don't know. I'm not sure Square would have ever backed his idea and the way Takahashi himself wanted to do things. Making games that have to rely on eachother to be considered complete instead of being complete themselves is always a big risk.

For starters if one game isn't received well it can really hurt the rest of the games in the series.

Another thing is is that it would be really hard for the production team to stay together throughout the length of the entire series.

And lastly when you are talking about a six games series you are probably talking about it taking 10-15 years for it to be completed. That is an awful long time for a fanbase to stay interested in the series (and gaming in general).

If Takahashi was smart he would have decided to make longer but fewer games than he did. And if he was truly smart he never would have been so adament about trying to tell the story of his vision through a video game platform in the first place. He would have written it in book format instead of game format.

While a game in a series being terrible does effect the series as a whole, it doesn't mean that it'll deal a huge hit to the series or company that is backing production of the game. There are many ways to go about creating a series. Take the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII for example. Each game is it's own little story and yet one game doesn't effect all, or at least not in a huge way. Dirge of Cerberus is considered a big failure and yet it won't really effect something like Crisis Core or even a game that would continue on to explain Genesis after the events of DoC.

These kind of moves are really smart imo. If Square-Enix would have made a chronologically ordered series set from before VII to after Advent Children that DID require each game to rely on each other to complete an entire story, I'm pretty sure the games would decrease in fanbase and sales as the series continued.

As for production teams, you don't need the same people working on every game. Each Final Fantasy has a different set of production staff working on it. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, while being strongly related to each other have a completely different set of people working on each one. Same went with FFX and X-2 and many many other games and their sequels not related to any one company.(dot Hack for one example) You don't necessarily need the same team working on each game in a continuous game series as long as the script is completely written out(and it was in the case of Xenogears) then everything that's really needed is already there.

And just because 10-15 years goes by doesn't mean that the next generation of gamers can't play the old games to catch up. There are still people who buy Xenogears because they heard it was a really nice RPG, and the same goes for any old school RPG. My case being that a fanbase can still grow even if a series is already 3 or so games old. And if they were to have made the games playable/understandable(Which is pretty easy if you considering something along the lines of a recap intro) on their own without being reliant on any of the previous games(as stated before with the Compilation idea) then the potential for success is all the more possible.

As for books; there are some. It's called "Perfect Works" in which the first book was(I believe) released around the time when Xenogears was released. And with the backing of books being released along with games it would be alot easier to catch up on the entire story of Xenogears if any fans wouldn't want to have to play through an entire set of games to do so. There's also a possibility for manga and anime too since this is Japan and there was already an anime based on Xenosaga.

qwertysaur
01-09-2008, 07:17 AM
I hope I get proved wrong on this. Golden Sun.

White Raven
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Vandal Hearts, although there is a version coming out for the DS...

I still miss the bloody spurting action though :P

Momiji
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM

A new installment is long overdue.

As for me, I'd love to see some new classic-styled Kirby games, not the stupid knockoff games recently released. The franchise died in my eyes when Kirby Air Ride came out. The graphics were beautiful, but the gameplay kinda sucked. :(

blackmage_nuke
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Totally. But having said that, the quality of 3 and 4 were much lower quality than the first two. They might kill the series. :(

Elaine's accent changed from British to American between the third and fourth. What's up with that?! :p

I actually thought the quality of 3 was as good as 2. But 4 did seem to go downhill

Seraphic
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Diablo III,Parasite Eve III,Killer Instinct III,Golden Sun III
All yes plz.

JKTrix
01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Parasite Eve III

Parasite Eve 3 Mobile Preview, Parasite Eve 3 Preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3163116)

Japan-only cell phones lol

However, this recently went from 'impossible to come out in the west' to 'extremely unlikely to come out in the west'. Small glimmer of hope.

I recall some recent rumours about one of the major Japanese phone companies showing some interest in the US phone market. So if some of their phones come out here, then we'd be able to get some of those awesome-looking cell phone games. Still unlikely though.

Also, talk of a new Golden Sun has been floating around for a long time. And according to Surfer Girl (https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6236993101430981147&postID=8884741757151842885) (of questionable credibility, but has been making some waves recently with the info she seems to have access to), a new one is "Definitely" coming. Could be DS or Wii.

Roto13
01-09-2008, 04:12 PM
As for me, I'd love to see some new classic-styled Kirby games, not the stupid knockoff games recently released. The franchise died in my eyes when Kirby Air Ride came out. The graphics were beautiful, but the gameplay kinda sucked. :(

Ok, so I've come to the conclusion that none of you play handheld games.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
stargate game was cancelled :(

KentaRawr!
01-09-2008, 05:37 PM

A new installment is long overdue.

What about the handheld games, like Squeek Squad?

Bolivar
01-09-2008, 05:43 PM
as brought up in a different thread, Streets of Rage, also Shining Force, not the spinoff games that devaite from the StrategyRPG format, but a full fledged sequel, or at least release of the entire SFIII scenario.

I'd like to see another Crash Bandicoot.

Momiji
01-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Ok, so I've come to the conclusion that none of you play handheld games.

I've played some of the new handheld ones for the GBA/DS. They just seem lackluster in comparison to the older ones.

aquatius
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Spyro. It didn't die but it started getting crappy.

Shoeberto
01-10-2008, 09:02 PM
It's because Insomniac (along with Naughty Dog, who made Crash Bandicoot) were originally part of Universal, but after a while they didn't like the business politics and had enough money to go on their own. But when they left, they had to leave the rights behind to their flagship titles. So the games have been handled by its original team, hence lacklusterness with little chance of getting better again.

Depression Moon
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Earthbound

Roto13
01-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Earthbound

HANDHELD! :mad2:

(At least in Japan.)

The Last Ancient
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Shenmue needs that last chapter to see what finally happens when Ryo faces Lan di. No more forklifting though please.

Vagrant story was only the prequel to the story of Ashley Riot. I would love to see his battles staying in the dark and his struggles against the cardinal that we only hear about during the game. This has one of the best stories in any video game with some of the best dialogue ever. A classic.

Games I'm not sure if they are making sequels or not for but which need them and were set up for more games are:

Psychonauts - The funniest and most imaginative game I've ever played. Also fantastic voice acting and a lot of fun. It would be nice to see the world outside of the camp and explore more minds.

The Dreamfall series - I actually thought the second game had a satisfying conclusion while leaving much up in the air for that final game which hopefully we will see. The first two both have fascinating stories and we need to see what happens to these characters we've grown to love.

Beyond Good and Evil - Another great game that begs for a sequel.

Arc the Lad - Ok the last game sucked, but I love the first two. They are fantastic games. The second one imo is one of the best games ever. The third one was tedious but still good. I love twilight of the spirits too. I hope to see more from this series.

I agree about Chrono, what the hell happened there? We need more from this series but hopefully not a mute character this time.

demondude
01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Baldurs gate 3 would have been so good. =((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

leader of mortals
01-15-2008, 01:44 PM
It's because Insomniac (along with Naughty Dog, who made Crash Bandicoot) were originally part of Universal, but after a while they didn't like the business politics and had enough money to go on their own. But when they left, they had to leave the rights behind to their flagship titles. So the games have been handled by its original team, hence lacklusterness with little chance of getting better again.

That and they only signed a 3 game deal

Big D
01-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Vagrant story was only the prequel to the story of Ashley Riot. I would love to see his battles staying in the dark and his struggles against the cardinal that we only hear about during the game. This has one of the best stories in any video game with some of the best dialogue ever. A classic.Hell yeah. FFXII references Vagrant Story a couple of times, but since untold centuries separate the two stories there are only passing mentions and no revealing facts.

Basic123s
01-16-2008, 05:28 AM
The Crash series. Well it's STILL alive, but then again, Naughty Dog or whatever it is now isn't developing the games anymore, and now the games lack the...charm that the older ones had.

Valkyrie Profile too. Well...it's STILL alive, but after VP2 was released, something striked to me like...there would be no more VP games.

leader of mortals
01-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Radiata stories

if its been done, go ahead and close this

Raebus
01-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Joke post go/

More Final fantasy 7 sequels

*end joke post*

Mr Cactuar
01-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Conkers Bad Fur Day.

What a fantastic game.

Bahamut2000X
01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Lufia. Sure it had 2 good sequels and a craptastic spin-off, but they never finished the series and made the last game which would of finally explained all the loose ends, such as the main bad guy they revealed in the second game and showed once, but never had mention of him every again. >.<

Spatvark
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Vagrant Story. No surprise I said that, but whatever. It has such an awesome story, but left several plot strands unresolved. And with the whole Ivalice thing, plus the FFXII engine, I'm sure they could make an awesome game from what there is.

Roogle
01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
A spiritual successor to the Quintet series of games would be desirable. The Quintet series of games revolve around philosophical concepts of good and evil and include Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.

starseeker
01-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Beyond Good and Evil

Vivisteiner
01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
ET for the Atari 2600.

I Don't Need A Name
01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Gimmie one of Koudelka and i will be chuffed :D

Dolentrean
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Psyconauts!

Aerith's Knight
01-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Halo 4
GoW 2
A new Elder scrolls
Little big Adventure 3

and several others

fire_of_avalon
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
What it is. I merged "Game Series That Shouldn't Have Died" with "Games that Need a Sequel" because that means practically the same thing. Have at it.

Sarc the Swordsman
01-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Hm...Shadow Hearts needs to continue the series [although the third game was crap compared to the first two].

Oblivion needs a sequel! It probably will get one though.

Vagrant Story and Legend of Dragoon were two of my favourite RPG's of all time. A shame they never had a sequel made despite potential.

Ichimonji
01-17-2008, 12:55 AM
I need another Musashi game. More along the lines of Brave Fencer rather than Samurai Legend though. But any Musashi is fine.

Also need a sequel to Radiata Stories, and Brave Story: New Traveller. It's a good thing Tales of Symphonia is getting a sequel, or that would be on the list as well.

Boney King
01-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Another Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus type game?

Also, Beyond Good And Evil had so much potential, but wayyy bad timing on the release date.

Ichimonji
01-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Another Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus type game?
Team ICO Working on PS3 Title (http://kotaku.com/gaming/playstation-3/team-ico-working-on-ps3-title-236523.php)

Boney King
01-17-2008, 04:46 AM
Perfect, they announce that it exists but don't actually tell ya anything about it. Thanks for the link!

Lionx
01-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Klonoa >_< no game for 4-5 years it feels.

Skyblade
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
as brought up in a different thread, Streets of Rage, also Shining Force, not the spinoff games that devaite from the StrategyRPG format, but a full fledged sequel, or at least release of the entire SFIII scenario.

I'd like to see another Crash Bandicoot.

A full Shining Force game would be great. Shining Tears was pretty fun, but another full TRPG would be nice. Something to make up for the terrible GBA remake of the original.

TyphoonThaReapa
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I heard Killer Instinct. That game killed everything son!:cool:

Roogle
01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
You know, I thought about it and thought that the Lufia series of games could have been done justice if they were not delegated to a strictly portable series after the success of Lufia II. I think it is a real shame that the series got bogged down in strange mechanics and never really got to tell its epic tale.

Furthermore, I would have liked to see a better sequel to the LUNAR series of games.

Avarice-ness
01-24-2008, 05:53 AM
I love wario woods, but I really wouldn't want a sequal. The puzzles are random enough anyways, so I don't see a point to a sequel for a pretty basic puzzle game.

Araciel
01-24-2008, 05:59 AM

THANK-you.

Levian
01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Clock Tower and Medievil.

at least Alone in the Dark is back after 7 years.

Breine
01-24-2008, 06:33 PM
It would be so cool if a real Kirby game for e.g. the Wii was released instead of those Kirby pinball games for the handheld Nintendo consoles. Something like "Kirby's Adventure" in 3D would probably make me wet my pants with just excitement.. and then make me buy a Wii.

aquatius
01-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Little Big Adventure ;-;

Wolf Kanno
01-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Vagrant Story and Threads of Fate cause both were left open with sequels in mind and both are wonderful games that got overshadowed.

Chrono series cause well... I don't really have to say more right?

Lufia series cause it was really good and left opened. A remake of the first two would be good but I want them to keep L2's system cause it was rather unique at the time and Lufia 1's sucks cause I hate the DQ system...

BoF cause it was damn good and despite what people say, Dragon Quarter was amazing in terms of gameplay and story. It was my favorite next to BoFIII. I'm still waiting for a sixth installment...

Evil Zone... okay, so its a crappy fighter but it was pretty fun and unique. Another sequel with a better expansion of it's original design would be fun and make all of us who like wacky anime inspired fighters happy. What other fighting game allows you to have a battle between psychic japanese school girls, possesses rockstars, Seishiro Sakurazukamori rip-offs, and power rangers? It was a fun little gem :D

Robotech Battlecry: Before it got scrapped for the pitiful FPS wannabe Invasion, we had Battlecry. It was unpolished and had some kinks but it laid down the frame work for an awsome franchise had they stuck to the original system and learned to improve it. Bigger, destructible enviroments, refined controls, and more customization options was all that would have been needed to make a half decent franchise off of a good series.

ShunNakamura
01-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Evil Zone... okay, so its a crappy fighter but it was pretty fun and unique. Another sequel with a better expansion of it's original design would be fun and make all of us who like wacky anime inspired fighters happy. What other fighting game allows you to have a battle between psychic japanese school girls, possesses rockstars, Seishiro Sakurazukamori rip-offs, and power rangers? It was a fun little gem
What a horrible yet cuddly game! Seriously I love that game despite all its faults.

A well done Evil Zone would be entertaining indeed.

More Chrono games are always welcome though I guess some would call that 'milking' the franchise(and what pray-tell is wrong with milking as long as the games are still true to the franchise and of good quality?).

The Legend of Dragoon would be nice to have another game of(though maybe I am just enamored of the battle system).

Another Robotrek-like game would also tickle me pink!

I also found E.V.O search for eden kinda of entertaining for a time... Not sure if it would warrant a sequel type deal.

ThundagAuron
02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Primal for PS2. God, I love that game. Really needs a sequel.

Strawberry_Mew
02-07-2008, 08:39 AM
House of The Dead Games those Rocked. I also liked Crazy Taxi that game wuz also fun XD I also liked The Bouncer

KentaRawr!
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Earthbound

HANDHELD! :mad2:

(At least in Japan.)

Mother 3 was the last game. :mog:

ReloadPsi
02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I do wish Bubsy hadn't been so brutally murdered. For some reason I really liked that game. Only ever played the first one though.

Loony BoB
02-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Final Fantasy VII needs a sequ-- *shot by sniper*

Jessweeee♪
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
THREADS OF EFFING FATE!

Loony BoB
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh oh oh. Dune!

Vyk
02-15-2008, 06:13 AM
Beyond Good and Evil, Shining (Force), "real" Xenogears games, and Lunar have all been mentioned. I'm pretty happy. I'd like another Knights of The Old Republic... Twas nice to get away from that (40 year?) span sitting around the movies. And it'd be nice if Castlevania could survive a little better in 3D