PDA

View Full Version : Get Down With the Sickness

Shiny
01-08-2008, 03:18 AM
It seems I've caught the flu or as I call it "the crap that clogs up my nostrils". Anywayz, I noticed that I tend to act a little differently then I do when I'm not sick. Generally speaking, I'm not very sarcastic... :rolleyes2

How do you act when you're sick? And do you notice anything different with your personality?

XxSephirothxX
01-08-2008, 03:21 AM
My voice is a lot cooler when I get a cold or the flu. Deep and gravelly. Other than that, I'm sure I'm a bit depressed. Being sick isn't very fun.

Vermachtnis
01-08-2008, 03:24 AM
I become stoicy and treat everything like machines. Drives people nuts.

NeoTifa
01-08-2008, 03:57 AM
i get sick all the time, so i can never tell when anythings different lol. people say that when im sick, i dont sound like a sleezy stripper anymore, and i sound like a normal girl. lol.

Roto13
01-08-2008, 07:23 AM
When I get sick I usually don't feel it so much.

Namelessfengir
01-08-2008, 07:32 AM
i get sick all the time, so i can never tell when anythings different lol. people say that when im sick, i dont sound like a sleezy stripper anymore, and i sound like a normal girl. lol.

i hope you never get sick again

i react differently to different sicknesses

if i feel a cold coming i drink all the orange juice i can find (preemptive strike)

some colds just leave me feeling dead to the world

escobert
01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
I sit around and cry all day.

ShunNakamura
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM

That is what I feel like doing today.. I got diarrhea, a headache that hurts so bad that it makes me nauseous, cramps, and a fever so bad I am sweating like I am doing a wrestling workout. I felt it coming on for the past couple days so I drank lots of OJ and got lots of rest. Fat bit of good it did me.

As for me, I get snappish when sick, I tend to use more of my phsyical strength[meaning I will often accidentally hurt people if I go out and play a rough game with them], and if bad enough[like today] I get to the point where my normally helpful demeanor becomes a "screw you I am NOT dealing with you today" demeanor. I just wish I could sleep today, but the cramps and headache won't let me[that and I am afraid my diarrhea will sneak out if I sleep any length... this is twice in one hour I have had to make a run for the bathroom.... seriously where is my body getting all of this gunk to spit out... it has probably emptied 2x as much as I have eaten in the last 24 hours by now :( ]

*patiently waits for a TMI notice*

Project G
01-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I notice that I can see things in greater detail for some reason, and weird mind warp pictures dont work

Larahl
01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I just lay in bed, sleep all day, and not talking at all.

No.78
01-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm always the same because I've always got a cold or hayfever. Sometimes BOTH.

Luther X-Rated
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
My mood doesn't really change at all, I just lay in bed and read manga all day long.

ShunNakamura
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
My mood doesn't really change at all, I just lay in bed and read manga all day long.

That is what I am going to do[well actually I am going to sit up to make sure I avoid more neck cramps] now that my horrid headache is gone; that or draw. I take at least twice my normal dose and the stuff still takes 2 hours and a shower before the headache is even bearable. I wonder if I should take it two hours before they wear off so as to make sure I don't have that gap of pain.

Ah well, God Bless Hot Chocolate!

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I pretty much do the same things as i normally would but at a much slower rate

Zeldy
01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I become really lethargic and bossy. I'm all 'DAD, DRINK', 'DAD.. BUCKET ;-;'

Jess
01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty much the same but I'm more easily annoyed because I just want to curl up into a little ball and sleep. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
01-08-2008, 05:10 PM

That is what I feel like doing today.. I got diarrhea, a headache that hurts so bad that it makes me nauseous, cramps, and a fever so bad I am sweating like I am doing a wrestling workout. I felt it coming on for the past couple days so I drank lots of OJ and got lots of rest. Fat bit of good it did me.

way too much info..

Marshall Banana
01-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Doctor visits are stressful, but being sick isn't too bad, I guess. Menstruation is much worse. =O

Shiny
01-09-2008, 03:38 AM
I got diarrhea

Pepto- Bismol (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LCdUed-TFgY)

I Am Stoner
01-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Feel spaced out, headache and generally have sickness and such. I become very anti-social and moody, violent if people really just piss me off on perpous while im ill even after I ask them not too.

Other than that im the same.

Yuffie514
01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
I could get a little grumpy if I get the cold or sore throat.

Mirage
01-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Are you sure it is the flu (as in, influenza), because that's much more serious than the common cold.

NeoTifa
01-09-2008, 06:39 AM
i sprawl my arms out on the desks at school (bcuz mum wont let me stay home) and whine about how much my life sucks. then, to top it off, i cough on everything, touch everything, and hug people just to spead it so im not so alone anymore :hat: im such a a-hole. lol. this is only when im really really sick. im so sick all the time, i hardly act different. im used to it.

Randgris
01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I still do my chores, though I don't carry heavy stuffs like the TV or moving all the furnitures around. I usually sleep earlier, round 9 or 10:30, depends if there are any good shows on tv.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
When i get sick, I act no different.. It sometimes hurts like hell, but i dont want to trouble anyone with my life

Breine
01-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty much myself, but I tend to watch more TV than I usually do.

scrumpleberry
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I sit in bed, whine, read and drink waters. And eat. Soup.

James Leopold
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I make sure that I'm never too far from a tissue box.

cloud21zidane16
01-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I lay in bed with my laptop browsing the internet, watch DVDs, sometimes play video games and eat soup, turns out to be better than being well:D

Hambone
01-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I tend to keep to myself and get wrapped up in a videogame or something to keep my mind off being sick.

Fonzie
01-10-2008, 02:20 AM
I listen to My Chemical Romance and Linkin' Park.

LunarWeaver
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM
I've felt all crappy in the last few days :Oo: I get even less social than usual and have to force myself to talk to anyone. And I'm not exactly Mr. Talk to Strangers in the first place, so I get pissy with the friends I do have and they get all mad. VICIOUS CYCLE.

NeoTifa
01-15-2008, 01:43 AM

wait... what?! :\

Aerith's Knight
01-15-2008, 01:52 AM

wait... what?! :\

He likes the sound of a sleezy stripper :)

I like the "cute" kind more though.

anyways I never really get sick, although when ive got a cold i sound like that guy with the really low voice that keeps saying: "oooowwww yeaaaahhh."

NeoTifa
01-15-2008, 01:57 AM
hahahaha lol. i dunno. i think my voice is all high pitched and girly, and sounds like a sleezy stripper. :( and hes a perv. lol

Shiny
01-15-2008, 02:38 AM
anyways I never really get sick, although when ive got a cold i sound like that guy with the really low voice that keeps saying: "oooowwww yeaaaahhh."

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2007-october/Kool_AidMan.jpg

There was this girl at school today that was pretty sick with the flu and her face was redder than usual. She actually looked like the Kool-Aid Man she was that red. So I began to wonder if I look any physically different when I'm sick. To verify I took this picture of myself:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/449706989_aca6702a6c_m.jpg

Pretty different considering here, I look like one ugly bitch.