PDA

View Full Version : FFIX references to other things

Crimson
01-08-2008, 03:40 AM
weve all noticed it and being my favourite game ive made a thread for people to post references to other things for those who dont know (or are just too lazy to notice) :)

Zidane...saiyan?!
=============

Has a monkey tail
blonde hair
didnt realise that he wasnt human until later on (Goku reference)
shares similarities with goku, like carefree and wackyness :P
has an evil "brother" (coughraditzcough)
=============

Kuja: 0h y3shhh, d1s is t3h p0w3rzzz uf tr4nce lololololol0l!!!1111@

Zidane: WTF SSJ4 GOGETA, DIS NOT DBZ U R USE H4XXORZ!!!!

Need I say more? :)

Star wars
========

i got a bad feeling about this....(i heard it somewhere in game :D )
Necron: Fear leeds to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering (omg yoda ripoff :eek: )
========

Got anymore?

SIDE NOTE: Where the hell was biggs and wedge in this one? :confused:

Rantz
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IX (PS) Previous FF Games Reference List by MHobbs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/10947)

;)

Bahamut2000X
01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
The beginning of the game can be taken as a big rip off of the Wizard of Oz.

You have Garnet (Dorothy) leaving her home for an unknown place via airship (tornado), being chased by the evil and hideous queen Brahne (The witch) all the while Garnet is being accompanied by Steiner (The Tin Man, they even make several references to his rusty armor), Zidane (The Lion), and Vivi (The scarecrow, who shares similarities through his tattered clothing and dons a similar hat).

The Black Waltz are the flying monkeys, and Cid can be seen as the Wizard of Oz, who at first you get a big impression of him being some great and powerful man, then you see him and he's an oglop (initially). And we can't forget Baku the dog man (Toto anyone?).

Sakaguchi must just have a soft spot for cheesy 50's musicals. :D

Quindiana Jones
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
^ I had never thought of those. :D

cloud21zidane16
01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I never even thought of it being similar to The Wizard of Oz:p

dyingchild
01-14-2008, 07:22 AM
I sware some parts come from ff3
Like when they arrive at dali, okl so they escape in the ship it crahses in the forest ((in ff3 it was what into a rock)) they travel to dali and theres a mountion right beside it......((ff3 theres a village and theres a mountian right beside it....))

Thats my assumption

Elly
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
lol, everything in IX is a referance to a past FF so it's no surprize you would see things that remind you of FFIII or any other FF between I & VIII for that matter, the game was just a tribute to past FF titles... although FF has consistantly referanced StarWars, i doubt seriously they were inspired by DBZ or Wizzard of OZ, though they are interesting comparisons, i just don't see it...

Goldenboko
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
they travel to dali and theres a mountion right beside it......((ff3 theres a village and theres a mountian right beside it....))

OMG A GIANT ROCK!

In all seriousness though, it takes more then "A town having a mountain nearby" to have a real tribute.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2008, 06:34 PM
they travel to dali and theres a mountion right beside it......((ff3 theres a village and theres a mountian right beside it....))

OMG A GIANT ROCK!

In all seriousness though, it takes more then "A town having a mountain nearby" to have a real tribute.

Hardly. There were loads of really massive obvious references in the game, but there are just as many little ones that most people disregard.